Forum

THE REAL ISSUE OF EU TF2

Created 7th August 2012 @ 21:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »

alfa

Quoted from Koeitje

Byte is nowhere close to being the best medic in terms of dodging and healing, so I don’t know you have been smoking shadowpuppet, but you should stop :D. His strength lies in his calling.

And fuck me? Iconic teams? I don’t think anything comes even close to 4kings/Dignitas, even from the NA scene.

Someone’s getting banned from pug2.

Also it doesn’t really matter what anyone says on etf2l, admins won’t give a damn and they will just laugh at our sorry ass when this thread is gonna get locked due “your opinion doesn’t coincide with mine” and then get their money from the ads on the website.

I use adblock tho, get fucked.

Also don’t take this in the wrong way, but please open your ears and listen to what people want. It’s not that hard to meet the expectations of the players. Just give it a try if you want to improve the league.

Last edited by alfa,

envy

Quoted from CrashSite

If you are interested in how to advertise e-sports:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIIsxpxz92g&feature=g-vrec

That is not a bad way.

LAN with no white people?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from alfa

[…]

Someone’s getting banned from pug2.

I assume he knows :D

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from envy

[…]
LAN with no white people?

:D

It is a good example of emotion and why e-sports is awesome. I feel that the TF2 LAN community is a lot like the fighting game one, we are always hype.

It is very important to stress our good points, so a video like that for our community, maybe from i46 would do wonders for PR.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Essay writing hero 2012 up in here. This is all turning into a moot point.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from nTraum

You want the ETF2L to get a more professional attitude?
* schedule your matches on your own (kaidus’ team: 0/6 in S12, checkmate)
* submit results, demos & status screenshots in a complete and timely manner
* provide STV information for casters / audience early
* Use your ETF2L nicknames in matches
* accept warnings and further consequences when not following the rules

In the same order:
*If there is no punishment for not playing on time, people are very unlikely to make sure they play on time. I like to play games on time to save getting a backlog, however sometimes it’s more convenient to bend the rules when you aren’t so strong on a particular map, or you have someone only available once that week and don’t want to play with them rusty. I’d like to play all matches on time cause I hate having a backlog, but I’m 1 person out of a lot in the division. It really makes no difference unless there are clear boundaries and punishment for crossing them.
*As above. Some people just don’t care and will push their luck to the limit, this stuff needs to be mandatory. There would be a teething period where there are a shit load of warnings, but it would soon pass.
*Considering the leader of my team is the head of VTV, you can be safely assured this isn’t something TCM fall short on. However, see above for why this means fuck all if it isn’t enforced.
*Always do, as above.
*Rules? lol

See a pattern?

Last edited by kaidus,

Califax

dyn.

I’m with Kaidus. Make all those things mandatory.

Skully

Quoted from Skyride

The real issue with TF2 is that people will post in this thread and think they’ve helped. Nothing will happen and everyone will feel like they tried.

Just gonna re-quote for truth

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Yea because posting about people posting not being helpful surely is helpful xD

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from skeej

Yea because posting about people posting not being helpful surely is helpful xD

I loled hard when skyride posted it but when 50 people reposted it was even funnier :D

Last edited by evokje,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well I got one more person for the newbie mix group, so that is something <3

(Hint hint).

Regen

nf.
9F

So basicly, kaidus, commanderx and koeitje all got declined or ignored for Adminship?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

You raise some very good points there, ippez. Most overlap with my own opinions.

The main problem ETF2L has, in my opinion, is that we have enough staff and motivation to maintain the status quo. What we don’t have is staff or motivation to expand. We enforced a restructuring process and acquired some new coders recently and will see how this pans out. My aim is that the head admins will finally have time to deal with the really important stuff (that is not maintaining but expanding). Don’t expect any wonders over night, the new staff still needs some time to habituate to the new permissions.

Although it may very well result in a huge wall of text I will try to address some of the points raised by you and others in this thread.

An ETF2L public server is something that needs to be accepted by the community as well. The last one died out cause it never had any players after a while, if I remember it correctly. That may have been due to bad advertising or the ETF2L-only restriction, if we try that again it will definitely organised differently.

Regarding the prize money we have some options now, stay tuned! In case you were wondering why we did not pay out a higher cash prize (reminding you that the Season 12 winner also won 300 £) before: We can’t pay something out that we don’t have. The money from the ads is on our account for a month now, definitely too late to announce for Season 12 ;)
Quoted from rytis

Why dont we make a partnership with with that guys that are running the tf2lobby…?

He has been AWOL for a long time, as far as I know.
Quoted from kaidus

I don’t want to go off on a rant about ETF2L, but I’ll just say they have proven completely unwilling to incorporate a serious competitive atmosphere so we quite simply need somewhere else to play that will do so.

Whenever something like that was tried (enforce real nick names, force upload of STV demos, …) somebody did not follow the new rules, got punished, whined and the rule was ignored for the rest of the season or abolished because it was apparently not wanted by the teams. At the end of the day, we have to listen to the wishes of the players in this league (Assuming they are letting us know what they wish for, but that is different problem).
Quoted from toogyboogy

Only ESL is big enough for that in Europe. People dropping ESL was the biggest mistake comp tf2 have ever done. Why would you even skip a big organisation for a community controlled league (no offence etf2l). In the long run ESL would have given us more as it has the chance of hosting TF2 at an IEM.

This is something I deeply regret. ESL would have given so many more possibilities… The relationship between TF2 and the ESL is now even more damaged than before. The way the ESL operates is that it usually incorporates games into their leagues with prize pools (EPS, EMS, IEM) if they have a huge player base (= many people play it on VERSUS) or if the publisher buys in. Requesting the ESL to reopen the TF2 section is possible http://www.esl.eu/eu/forum/139/166/ but requires a lot of support from the community. After someone opens a thread and many people show support an employee of Turtle usually says “alright, we will open a VERSUS cloud next weekend, let’s see how the game is accepted”. That means, you will also have to play VERSUS after that before you can get another league there. That will, of course, require new admins etc. and the first season after the reopening will most likely not have any prizes but premium for the top 3, etc. pp. It will probably be a long and enduring process to help TF2 to succeed at the ESL but I’d definitely support it.
Quoted from IPZIE

[…] give duties without having to join an admin staff – people will help

I am opposing this idea. I want to know every member of the staff and I want to know I can trust them when I show or tell them any confidential information (inb4 dirty laundry). I can’t do that when someone does not want to commit to ETF2L.
Apart from ETF2L, there is plenty anyone could do to help, of course. For starters, play your matches on time, do not break any rules, give us feedback when you are unhappy with a ruling, etc. or join the Newbie mix group as admin or play a lobby match and explain some newbies the game, etc…
Quoted from nTraum

Don’t expect the admin team to come up to you. Instead, apply by yourself – http://etf2l.org/etf2l/jobs/
If you are willing to help, be proactive and make the first move. It won’t work otherwise, I’m speaking out of experience.

Going nuts in threads every 2 months or so won’t change anything. People seem to forget this league is run by volunteers.

You want the ETF2L to get a more professional attitude?
* schedule your matches on your own (kaidus’ team: 0/6 in S12, checkmate)
* submit results, demos & status screenshots in a complete and timely manner
* provide STV information for casters / audience early
* Use your ETF2L nicknames in matches
* accept warnings and further consequences when not following the rules

Ask yourself what you’ve done so far to improve the current state of the league.

I can’t +1 this post enough. The ETF2L staff owes nobody nothing at all, we are part of the community, not the other way around. If you are serious about offering help, make the first move by writing an email.
I appreciate the application from ipz and others we received during the last days.
Quoted from CommanderX

Yeah I’ve been rejected/ignored several times applying for ETF2L admin.

Koeitje and I have both admined ESL and if I remember right the problem people always had was with the system/anti-cheat not with the admins not to mention we both have other relevant experience. So I can’t see why we would be unqualified. Dunno about Koeitje but I was personally given no feedback

I know, we suck at answering rejected applications. Something I vow improvement on (for real this time).
Keep in mind that the requirements for joining the staff include teamwork and a good reputation. Don’t take this personal please but I can not believe I would be working well with you or Koeitje in a team from the way you behave in your officials and on the forum. If you send a well written application that convinces me otherwise, I may, of course, reconsider my opinion about you (and others).
Quoted from ashkan

Large post by ashkan

As usual, I agree on all of your points.
Quoted from alfa

Also it doesn’t really matter what anyone says on etf2l, admins won’t give a damn and they will just laugh at our sorry ass when this thread is gonna get locked due “your opinion doesn’t coincide with mine” and then get their money from the ads on the website.

Also don’t take this in the wrong way, but please open your ears and listen to what people want. It’s not that hard to meet the expectations of the players. Just give it a try if you want to improve the league.

I can only listen to what I am told. That is what we want to achieve with our new forum, by the way. It is a place where we will listen to your feedback. It would be great to have some more top level feedback though… I know that emb and others are very active on the new forum and you can be assured that your posts will get noticed.
Quoted from Regen

So basicly, kaidus, commanderx and koeitje all got declined or ignored for Adminship?

I never read any application from the mentioned players. Must have been a long time ago.

Skyride

DUCS

I’m going to say right now that I’m quite comfortable with Koeitje being denied adminship in etf2l. I don’t dislike the guy, but I certainly don’t think he’s someone I’d trust with such privileges.

Ipz on the other hand seems like someone worth giving a chance.

Last edited by Skyride,

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

don’t you mean Grandma

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »