Forum

ESEA in Europe?

Created 7th August 2012 @ 03:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

screwb

Actually is has to do with there being allot of shit teams in open last season. Most of those teams have folded and now the lower teams are playing in UGC 6v6.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from

James,

Thanks for all of this thoughtful insight. To start, we are going to focus exclusively on Counter-Strike, but as we have done in countries like Brazil, once we see momentum with CS, we are open to adding TF2 servers. We need to focus our efforts in the beginning to ensure success as we enter an entirely new region and culture. In Brazil we started with CS and have since added a TF2 server and are working to build that community. We just don’t want to bite off more than we can chew during these critical early days.

Keep in touch and feel free to follow up or ping me with thoughts / ideas. I am eager to see how we can better establish our TF2 community in NA and build a validated value proposition to make international expansion easier.

Craig

tl;dr

ESEA won’t support TF2 in Europe until they have a solid footing with CS, but they want to support TF2 in the long term.

Last edited by Admirable,

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

tl;dr

ESEA won’t support TF2 in Europe until they have a solid footing with CS, but they want to support TF2 in the long term.

Wish it was the other way around, fuck CS

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

tl;dr

Progress

Angel

Quoted from IPZIE

bye etf2l

League: Dead (EU TF2 Open) http://play.esea.net/teams/76941

What does that mean “Dead”? Team is dropped or so?

huhystah

Quoted from Angel

[…]

Team is dropped, yes.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Angel

[…]

reverto dropped mid-season

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

ESEA has been a catastrophic failure. It really is something to behold.

We’ve played 3 out of 10 matches, one of which was 5v5 off-client :D

Angel

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

ESEA has been a catastrophic failure. It really is something to behold.

We’ve played 3 out of 10 matches, one of which was 5v5 off-client :D

So sad, dear fellas… :(

upd: I’ve one 1mo Premium ESEA token atm. If you need this – just add me at Steam.

Last edited by Angel,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Website is cumbersome, client is cumbersome, buggy, and interferes with other applications on my pc, servers arent great, if you need direct help then the only admin you can talk to directly is sonny and obviously he cant always be available for everyone, cfg cvars suck and if you raise a ticket about it there’s no response, unlocks suck, coalplant sucks, scheduling is a bitch, it costs too much money…

I still like the NA win conditions (and playing only 1 map) though!

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Just want it to go on record that Sonny Black’s done a stellar job with the scheduling games, general management and support when clearly he has little authority in ESEA.

Now the problems:

– 1st week the client didn’t work for all TF2 players and no ETA passed down except “when it’s fixed”. Killing and Kalkin probably have little control over this but it only affected TF2. You work for an eSports organisation, so at least make it appear as though you are pursuing the problem with whoever develops the client

– 2nd week arrives and naturally everyone wants to get the 1st and 2nd week games played, however it’s discovered that only 3 servers exist for EU open, meaning some games were scheduled for 1am some nights (lol) and never got played. It’s bad enough having to run an AC client to play your official (which we are not used to in Europe of course), but only getting 3 servers for scheduling your games is an utter farce when we pay to play

– Low div teams are more devoted than higher div. What’s with all the default wins and drops? If you check the ESEA site once in a while you will realise you have games scheduled. You even get emails if the default date is set? Perhaps people just don’t give a fuck (which I can understand to an extent with the problems mentioned above), but you didn’t really put much effort in did you? Div 4 and 5 teams who get shit on every game they play are putting you to shame!

– Stats are outdated. Compare it to logs.tf which is free

– As mentioned previously, we had to play 5v5 off client because you can’t ready up unless one of the teams has 6 players -.-

The season’s not over yet, but whoever speculated that this was how ESEA in EU would go down in it’s first season, you were probably right.

However, I don’t regret the experience. There are a few positives:

– Met some nice guys to play with (DAKKA)

– Getting a chance to play Div 1/Prem teams. Even if it’s a roll we enjoy it

– I understand the frustrations NA have with ESEA a lot more now, but you guys need to step up and support CEVO or create your own free league if this is how things are every season of ESEA. Paying for this league is not worth a LAN in my opinion, even if it is/was considered early days for Europe

– This makes me appreciate even more just how fortunate we are to have people like Zooob, Kaneco, Arie, Foxy, Lamqta and several others who create all these amazing tools and utilities for free and yet completely blow all of a paid league’s lacklustre offerings out the water.

Anyway, that’s my experience thus far.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

LaMqTa

fenneks

I need to agree with @Russian Guyovich and add some more. Before starting the whole season i tried to add the fenneks stream to the website. Unfortunately, it wasnt working, even though i added everything right. Therefore, decided to contact the support and ask whats wrong. Meanwhile, was checking few topic in ESEA and people were like “Meh..its esea, if you have your stream added you might be lucky because its extremly buggy.”
After a day or so i got an answer from the support telling me that there is nothing wrong with the twitch.tv connections and it should be working fine. Unfortunately, i am still having problems with this…

My mates(fnx) were taking so much problems with the clients/servers. Due to the scheduled servers there is no possible way to change server if someone of your teammates/enemies do have a problem with the ping.

So lets hope that some of the ESEA Support/Admins will review this topic and try to fix some of the problems around, because…it’s really not worth the money – the premium account and even the season fees…

p.p I’ve got a ESEA Premium trial key…if someone is interested, contact me at steam! :)

Last edited by LaMqTa,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Planning to put together an article on this, would love to hear more.

Serotone

#FreePat

+ The teams that are actually active have really made a go of trying to make this league happen despite the money and difficulties involved

+ The admins are active, helpful, and put up with a lot of scheduling bullshit

+ The willingness to be a bit more experimental with maps and unlocks could fill a niche in Europe, but it’s not worth paying that much for, which brings me to the negatives:

– Lose the premium charge for tf2. People have their own servers and there’s nothing ESEA anticheat covers *for tf2* that VAC doesn’t. We’re basically paying a monthly fee for bad servers, a client that sucks, and to be treated like counterstrike’s ginger cousin

– No prec. It falls under the premium / client thing but why am I paying for the privilege of not being able to use prec?

– There’s some pretty arbitrary restrictions on stuff like scheduling; if my div 4 mix team is playing a prem team I should be able to schedule a second game an hour later. It’s a small thing, but again nobody likes to pay to be messed around

– The servers suck and there’s 3 of them

– This league is more stressful than my job

That’s all I can think of at the moment. Not sure how constructive all that is but either way I can’t see myself bothering next season unless the unnecessary premium charge is dropped. And that’s coming from someone who really doesn’t have anything better to do. I haven’t touched on LAN at all but considering LAN is the only good thing Americans can say about ESEA and we have that covered… I don’t really see what it’s bringing to the table.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/19/5122274/e-sports-entertainment-complaint-user-spying-bitcoin-mining-settlement-new-jersey

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »