Forum

TF2 @ MLG

Created 29th July 2012 @ 21:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Yep. Faked votes would probably not be the best foundation for this relationship (they will know unless you restarted your router after each time or used a proxy).

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from CanFo

Yep. Faked votes would probably not be the best foundation for this relationship (they will know unless you restarted your router after each time or used a proxy).

They might grow suspicious anyway, usually people use a small set of popular HTTP proxies. Even forcing an IP lease won’t help if your ISP is small and the range of assignable addresses ain’t too big (although it’s not that good of an indicator, as some local communities can just grow big and strong too).

Also, just a food for thought: you might wanna consider that if MLG decides on supporting TF2, it’s highly likely that they will stick to the NA ruleset.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Hallow

P.O.P

Hopefully they’ll consult with the top teams, and probably work something out. I’m pretty sure there are invite players who don’t like unlocks that much, and cutting out like 80 percent of the ESEA unlocks is probably gonna be fine. So the most unlocks you’d get is probably like 10 or something.

wrock

vier

how about something about this in a newspost? im sure a lot of people doesnt look the forum that often…

silleh

I don’t think It’d be possible to beat the Koreans so no.

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from CanFo

I just hope nobody is creating smurf accounts to vote for TF2 over and over again :P

oops, so my 10 accounts strategy won’t work

Skyride

DUCS

This is such a waste of time. Like sure I voted since it’s good publicity and all, but there is just no chance of TF2 ever being at MLG.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Skyride

This is such a waste of time. Like sure I voted since it’s good publicity and all, but there is just no chance of TF2 ever being at MLG.

Not true. It’s about cash and if MLG finds TF2 profitable, they will invest into it.

Quoted from Hallow

Hopefully they’ll consult with the top teams, and probably work something out. I’m pretty sure there are invite players who don’t like unlocks that much, and cutting out like 80 percent of the ESEA unlocks is probably gonna be fine. So the most unlocks you’d get is probably like 10 or something.

No.

Quoted from wrock

how about something about this in a newspost? im sure a lot of people doesnt look the forum that often…

We don’t need more people spamming votes really, the post there appears to already be stacked.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]Not true. It’s about cash and if MLG finds TF2 profitable, they will invest into it.

Exactly. They won’t. We’re making a big deal about getting 1200 viewers for a super well advertised cast on VanillaTV, but MLG would be dissapointed if they ever had less than 20k viewers on any of the 2 SC2 streams at any point during the tournament. They ditched Halo for being too small despite the fact that Halo was bringing in 3x as many teams several times a year as we had TF2 teams at i43 last year.

Last edited by Skyride,

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Exactly. They won’t. We’re making a big deal about getting 1200 viewers for a super well advertised cast on VanillaTV, but MLG would be dissapointed if they ever had less than 20k viewers on any of the 2 SC2 streams at any point during the tournament. They ditched Halo for being too small despite the fact that Halo was bringing in 3x as many teams several times a year as we had TF2 teams at i43 last year.

yer i agree with every thing you said, then i looked at the games for the summer season: mortal kombat and soul caliber 5? how does that bring in enough veiwers? i mean i can understand sreet fighter 4 or something but find it hard to beleive that MK and SCV bring in the 3rd and 4th amount of veiwers

shdwpuppet

Even just a year ago, I would have thought this was doable, even considered it myself. However now, the MLG model is moving away from FPS games with their smaller audiences and towards the big two: Sc2 and LoL. No matter what you think of LoL, the fact remains that it pulls absolutely insane and incredible amounts of viewers for every match. Although TF2 has been getting bigger (factor of three increase in traffic between the s9 LAN and the s10 LAN broadcasts in ESEA), I just dont think we have the size to attract MLG as the next biggest thing for TF2. However, if we (read: vanilla) kick complete fucking ass with the i46 broadcast like we did for the s10 LAN, then we may be able to reassess the situation.

This is separate from the fact that I think, in comparison to all other FPS games currently played competitively (CS1.6 all the way to CoD 21: Super Modern Warfare Noob Tube deluxe edition or whatever release we are on now) TF2 is the most accessible to new audiences and the best in terms of immediate visual recognition and exciting gameplay. When I watched CoD4 or CS, I was always like “so what, he right clicks and shoots really fast, then it is over”, even as a CoD4 player, it didn’t seem like the upper elite were that much better than your run of the mill middle level teams. They had memorized more spots, gotten faster trigger fingers and thats about it. However in TF2, when you watch a player like TLR, like b4nny, like some of the upper Euros across all classes, you can immediately see and recognize a higher level of skill and get really excited about that. You know, just by watching, that pulling off airshots as consistently as TLR, getting the sheer number of kills of a player like ruwin, that takes immense skill and practice and even natural talent. There is something a lot more visceral about TF2 as an esport. Just today I had a friend of mine who is a fairly popular BroodWar/SC2 streamer watching my stream and he really enjoyed and immediately understood a lot of it (even though my stream is terrible, I should get him to watch a cast or something). I think that this immediate accessibility of TF2 is the biggest selling point, we just need a little boost to get it out there :)

So please, vote, lets see if we cant get Sundance to at least take a look at TF2, maybe talk to eXtine, Sal and the rest of the eXtv crew about our thoughts and such, maybe we can get TF2 a lot more popular with i46 streams and post production.

djc

d2f~

Quoted from DarkSlayer

[…]

yer i agree with every thing you said, then i looked at the games for the summer season: mortal kombat and soul caliber 5? how does that bring in enough veiwers? i mean i can understand sreet fighter 4 or something but find it hard to beleive that MK and SCV bring in the 3rd and 4th amount of veiwers

at EVO2012:
soul calibur v’s final day was at a minimum of 20,000 viewers and shot up to 46,000
mortal kombat 9’s final day was at a minimum of 39,000 and shot up to 67,800

they are both pretty popular

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from shdwpuppet

Even just a year ago, I would have thought this was doable, even considered it myself. However now, the MLG model is moving away from FPS games with their smaller audiences and towards the big two: Sc2 and LoL. No matter what you think of LoL, the fact remains that it pulls absolutely insane and incredible amounts of viewers for every match.

Ooh whilst that is true, I’d just like to shoot in that riot payed to have LoL in MLG.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »