Forum

sandman: class role changes?

Created 25th February 2009 @ 21:51

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »

tbh the loss of doubljump compensates the sandman. Scout on badlands loses a lot of power if he use sandman. and even if the scout loses his ball he cant use it for 10 sec or something.

Nothing overpowered bout it.

Yoshi

vertex3

Think instead of stun, they should have implemented the old TFC concussion effect – ie. make your view go all over the screen.

Didn’t completely stop a player being functional, but was enough to hinder most.

atreides

blurry vision’s a bad joke for all adapted to the effect. I think the sandman is a fair tradeoff for losing half of scout’s movement abilities, maybe a bit too long stun at higher range, but the larger the range, the higher the miss chance.

Am

jizzed in his p

I hate updates! :^) Ok for public, but competitive was fine the way it was haha.

pukz

Shifty have u tested the new weapons properly?? rofl.. and ShitFly ur a soldier right?.. wait until u come up against a scout with atleast div2 aim.. then u tell me it’s not overpowered haha.

Yesterday i managed to somehow dominate 2 of the very best scouts in europe with the sandman.. just because they wasnt using it, which is somin i just wouldn’t be able to do otherwise..

Me, SkiNNiE, para, zerox, aves ect.. all used the sandman yesterday in alot of invite pickups and tbh the sandman doesn’t just make the heavy useless it bassically makes the scout by far the most powerful class in the game and it means u can kill anything 1on1 easy.

i’m sure all div1 players will agree this shouldnt be used in competitive play ATLEAST until there are more buffs for demo/soldier.

and this opinion is coming from a scout.. I happen to be pretty sick with that bat :P but it just completely changes tf2 and isnt worth it! even if it does mean i can stun anyone i choose and pretty much kill them everytime.. especially if i have heavy classes supporting then its intagib.

peace.

byte

Pukz has a really good point to be fair and it does give a massive advantage if you can aim with sandman, the double jump being taken away sure is a disadvantage however if u end up killing everything because of you ‘boink’ing’ then u don’t need a double jump? :)

However Pukz, this is why its called Team Fortress 2… keyword Team, last night i played with and against you in a pickup and i think all scouts were using the sandman, which is excellent to see…

Infact two meat shotters against me in one pickup Pukz and Predz, prime example they boinked a scout, i piped the likely hood of where he might get boinked the scouts get in close to come and “kill” the boinked scout however i put trapped stickies to make sure if my scout was going down then both of u are going down as punishment, which is what exactly happened.

Another team aspect thing into it is if the medic is clever if a heavy is boinked and he’s being constantly healed it’s very hard for him to die despite you being close to him, because this is the 2nd team aspect now if you have other members around then if they are clever too they would think “sh!t my team member has been ‘boink’ed’ we must kill the scout before he kills him!” and then they come and chase you to stop you from killing the enemy you boinked, yes i can see it’s a main disadvantage to those classes that haven’t been given their weapon updates yet but hey no point whining about such a thing at the mo. I think everyone has under estimated how useful the sandman is, it is a risky weapon to have definitely however if you have excellent aim with it, you will do quite well against top scouts,enemies in the future.

As for the drink, lol at the moment it can be useful i.e. 1/100 chance of being useful i.e. medic is weak on a cap point ur close by your whole team is down and your a uber down, so you take the drink get in asap and try and get the medic and whatever else possible, most likely you will die but its a sacrifice to have uber advantage and maybe team quantity i.e. you killed 2 1 of them alive 3 of u alive etc….

As for the shotgun i’m still experimenting with it and figuring out scenarios where it’s useful and so on. Will post another reply soon about it :)

<3 pukz! and those games last night were comedy i must admit :D:D

I think at one stage i heard kovacs say on ym team

“how depressing a game that makes me paralyzed” at that stage we all burst out laughing :D

Cheers

Byte

Rubber Johnny

[…]maybe a bit too long stun at higher range, but the larger the range, the higher the miss chance.

OK, lets increase the rocket damage for higher distances because the chance to miss the target is higher :>

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

“<3 pukz! and those games last night were comedy i must admit :D:D”

Yep, first time I’ve ever seen a pickup game where both soldier slots and the heavy slot were empty, grown men fighting over the pyro/sniper slot, a sad thing indeed :D

pukz

yeh byte idd that teams will learn to deal with it but the fact is, if scouts get really good with this sandman then cp3 will be hide and peep.. like on a defensive badlands strat where nobody shows there face until someone screws up

because if u bonk a player on middle then ur team can kill them from distance with simple focus fire so the scout never has to risk his life :).

I just think soldier really needs a buff now.. Fragga now has a big point. :P

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

this is what soldier needs:

1. Same run speed as demo (then increase the hw speed also)
2. Faster rockets (but nothing more than 25% extra)
3. Self damage back to its original level (40% rather than 100%)
4. Less damage fall off at distance (perhaps to match that of the nade)
5. Less damage for RJs, (25h for an RJ, then that’d match the demo health)

Can’t really complain about any of these as this is effectively what the demoman class already has :)

skinnie

TCM

agree with what pukz said, with some practice the sandman is really imba

for example :
– u can easily stun players on badlands on spire from your 2nd resup and that stun takes a looong time
– badlands cp3 initial fight: just throw a ball in their house and there’s a 80% chance you’ll stun something + he will be killed by spam
– killed the medic with uber a lot by stunning him
– badlands last cp: if u go main to last cp and manage to hit a ball on a soldier, (i.e. soldier medic combo on last) ,what isn’t so hard to do , the stun takes so long that u can walk all the way onto last point and kill him with 3 meatshots (did manage to do this couple times)
– if a team or scouts pushes a choke u can always stun one + easily spam it
– on granary the sandman is even more useful cause u dont really need your double jump there that much

– it also just looks plain stupid !

Zipok

Why go buffing other classes to compensate the bonker thing for scouts? The sandman completely changes the functioning of the scout duo, and makes the sandman user a valid part of the main force because of his ability to choose targets who will die next.
As it may be fun for the scouts, it feels frustrating to have to fear the ball. If you get hit in a CP3 fight for example, it is over. Same goes for any battle. :/

Everyone can see this is going to change competitive TF2 if it is allowed. Does it good for the game then? I would say no, due to reasons already mentioned in this thread. For example the post above.

“THE BALL MISSED, NOW WE CAN GO!”

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Yeh, my advise is to make a “kill” bind in a handy spot so when you’re hit with the ball you might have a chance to come back in the first respawn wave.

Extremer

yay stun in a fps game, gj valve.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

if the ball just was way more inaccurate, making long-range shots basically impossible. And less stun. On an off-note, wasn’t the update kind of ment to change the role of scout, to be more suitable to public play? But yeah, swing the nerf-hammer valve, kthx.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »