Forum

sandman: class role changes?

Created 25th February 2009 @ 21:51

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »

veehell

-cavalier-

I don’t mind…..it at all it is TEAM FORTRESS so, you have to adapt to new conditions on battlefield.

How you counter the Natasha usage ? // How you counter the Natasha with applied critzkrieg ? It is the very same but in different colour for scouts props;…maybe the game now will be more about the “Team” and not only about the initial aproach of Demons/Scauts to middle point (granary/badlands)

(sometimes demons are there pretty faster then scouts…now the demo will be little bit scared to get “boink”ed :) and that’s good for me.

Also the “e.drink” for scout is good idea, as he can now explore some areas pretty fast without harm…..

So basically i like those unlocks…

PS: and i like the idea one scou with new props and second one with the old ones :) pretty good combo tbh.

Restekpa & Cheers :)

atreides

Sandman scouts sacrifice some ways to control map regions for disabling enemies at longer range. Seems like some people don’t want to learn new ways of tactics cause they just want to play their old style of gameplay.

Rynex

FAB
nubs

If the stun was replaced with something else then, what would it be. Someone suggested blur, but I think you can take it a step further.

Close range = mutes the colours of your screen. (Would make it harder to differentiate against targets)
Medium range = blurs the view of your screen. (ala Bile in L4D)
Long rang = blinds the players vision for a period of time. (To annoy snipers mainly)

Stun is clearly a gamebreaking, I think that was already covered and there’s no way you can argue it isn’t.

This post is dedicated to my greatest fan: atreides

Netsky

I’m with atreides, as he said, you just need to adapt your tactics.

It’s like the kritzkrieg… everybody hated it, now lots of teams use it in their common gameplay to different maps.

Honestly it wouldn’t harm to decrease the BOINK duration, and the stunn effect

atreides

Rynex, you’re hilarious. Blurry vision or greyscale view is just shocking first minutes, after that even pub players laugh about this.

Is it only me who sees analogies with spread discussion. Many were against it, now nearly all like it?

Ino

dp.
dp.

If they replace the stun with a blur, it should not be like the concussion effect inTFC but instead really screw up your view. That would make it possible to still move around/rocket jump/etc. but you would not be able to kill anybody.

Stun as it is is a fail.

Riemu

element //

The Sandman is overpowered. End of Story.
Doesn’t matter what class you’re playing – like pukz said – the sandman owns every class.

Situations where you could go off on your own as Soldier to push Granary CP4 from left side are over. Simple as that. Got Bonked a couple of times from a Scout peaking out Garage Door. Die Pukz. Doesn’t really matter if you have aiming as Soldier or not – you won’t survive a 1v1 situation. Hell, you won’t even survive a 2vs1 Situation. It’s becoming more and more World of Warcraft style. “Sheep the Warrior while youre killing the Priest” – “Bonk the Soldier while your killing the Medic. Then finish the Soldier afterwards”. (No I can’t remember if the Priest could dispell the sheep, leave me the fuck alone)

Heavy gets pretty much taken out of the game – again. But not the way it has been explained above. As a Heavy you should always be surrounded by other team members and you have the medic near you most of the time. If you don’t then it’s your own fault. Simple as that. Oh and btw. – Scouts vs. Heavy in a 1vs1 Situation always had the handicap on the Heavy’s side. If the Scout spots the Heavy first and is already in range – the Heavy is dead. If the Heavy is already spinning/waiting the Scout is dead. Simple as that. That dynamic wont change with the Sandman either.

Only thing that changes are those long range stun focus dead shots. And that’s exactly what will render the Heavy useless. The Heavy is currently playable because you have several good advantages on pushes/defenses were you dont need to be fast. You are a beast attacking Badlands CP5 and Granary CP5. You are a beast on Well. You are a beast defending your Medic. You blatantly suck at capping Granary CP3, which is why everyone plays Soldier for this point. Now – with the new Sandman and 1 or even 2 Scouts using it – you become completely obsolent.

You can’t defend against enemy pushes anymore, because they will just have a Scout flanking you / head the Push and Stun you with a long range Ball. Then everyone will facerape you while they push to your Medic / Rest of your team. You can’t head up your push to one of the last points, because you will just get bonked in the middle of the room / yard rendering your class useless.

You can completely forget to play Heavy on Badlands CP3 now. Try to move out of the house and start firing at the enemy when 2 Scouts are running around who will have no hard time hitting a shooting heavy standing in a small doorway. And don’t start arguing “you’ll have to hit first”. Even my grandma could hit a shooting Heavy from a mile away! Good luck surviving the Demo/Soldier focus while your stunned. You already have a hard time soing that without being paralyzed.

And that’s a fact that won’t change with class updates. Because, guess what, the Heavy already had his. And the unlockables are all useless.

And no, please don’t even start yelling “Natasha is so overpowered”. It’s pretty much useless. Even more now that you cant use equip anymore. I admit, it’s annoying as hell. But that’s pretty much it. Sommie and I have been testing it for quite some time in several different situations and we both concluded that the slow effect isn’t worth the damage reduction. I’m not going to explain this now cause its neither the time nor the thread. Just trust us on your judgement here…

—–

I mean, seriously. It’s not like the Scout has been a weak class. Especially with all the recent changes you had both of your Scouts topping of the Scoreboard quite easily (not counting the Medic) and especially on maps like granary and badlands your scout have always won you the game… or not.

I’m not even beginning to discuss this ubercharge stun effect. Because that’s probably the most redicilous thing they could have possibly done. The sole purpose of the Ubercharge is to be FUCKING INVULNERABLE for various reasons. Good luck with that now.

PS:

I want a stomp effect – Heavy only – 2 Minutes Cooldown – Stuns all Enemies in a range as big as granary cp3 middle capping area for 5 Seconds. Thankz!

PSS:

I would probably also settle for a teleportation device that can be used while youre firing but has to be line of sight. Letz call it “Russians will always find you”

skinnie

TCM

as a scout i agree with what riemu said

scout didn’t need a buff at all and the sandman is exactly that

Rynex

FAB
nubs

atreides, that post is dedicated to you :)

Really though, I can’t imagine trying to relearn this game because of a new feature like stun. I’d rather just slink away and forget about the competitive scene all together, since the game is changing too much.

Hell, the only way I could accept the sandman is if they remove the ability to fire it instantly and do it from the taunt instead. At least then if you get hit by it, you deserve it.

atreides

No, if you get hit while a scout performs his taunt, you completely deserve to watch the remaining game as spectator. 6 Seconds to perform…

Rynex

FAB
nubs

Don’t give Valve ideas, I’m sure they could develop something like that for the spy update.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Agree with Riemu, its a game breaker, and it affects heavy > soldier > demo the worst in that order. In fact I’d say it will pretty much kill off the heavy, and we’ll probably see one of the soldiers getting dropped for another class like sniper in the coming weeks, with the remaining soldier being just a bullet shield for the medic – gg valve

mercu

HolyShit!

Against the sandman in competitive community.

1) It’s supposed to be a melee weapon, isn’t it ?
2) Scout is an offensive class, now, if you stun while defending, it’s immediatly 5vs6 for a few seconds and an uber became useless.

Nothing much to say, it’s already enough for me and i don’t want repeat what some players already say.

Serialloser

Hys.
NoraJ.

Why not :
– stun only if you hit the head
– stun only if you hit your target from behind
– you can only shoot one ball by life or extend the recharge
– even if you pick a ball on the ground you still need to wait till the end of the recharge

And add a limit at how many balls can be on the map at the same time (you can stack balls in the respawn room in badlands and even if you cant aim if the combi is coming from the top to attack your last cp you can spam like crazy).

Everybody seems to say that the heavy is the most affected by the sandman, so why not make it that you need to be less than x feet away to stun him (might bring back the heavy into competitive play).

RaCio

GoT²

Players should be able to walk while stunned
Medic’s can trigger their uber while stunned

Only then it might be balanced.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »