Forum

Calling all skilled players, seriously ...

Created 17th February 2009 @ 13:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

ANGRA

[j]\\\'
[j]'

I don’t mind helping out abit.

You can add me at steam. [j]’angra

Riemu

element //

Personally, however, I feel that I don’t learn much from this anymore. Once in a while I see something nice, but usually it is more or less what I would do myself.
Here I would really like som div 1 player to comment on their actions to reveal some hidden tactics I’m not aware of by just looking at it.

Thats abit hard to do mostly. You cant really comment on your actions afterwards, because the most stuff you do is situational. Youre lacking the obvious Voice Com that usually should come with the Demo.

You will be better off watching Source-TV Demos. Watch it twice – once in Pov of your Player(Class) and once in Free Flight. Go and compare the behaviour of your Player to the behaviour of the Team. Thats the only way youre gonna get an idea of whats going on.

There are lots of players out there (in Division 1 mostly) who, judging from their overall performance of their pov demos, wouldn’t really make them that much better than other players (i.e. Division 2/3). I.e. when a Demoman keeps dying at granary cp3 in the first 5 seconds every round you might jump to the conclusion that hes a bad player, or he does make stupid moved. However, when you compare that with the overall performance of your team on the SourceTV demo you might realise that exactly those moves will create an opening for your team to just annihilate the enemy team. Even though your demo has killed no one. After all, Team Fortress 2 is a team game.

Just a general idea ;)

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

wouldnt call myself skilled though, but if you think i can help out you can always add me on steam as well. My steam nick is sajhen or [j]’sajh (whichever is used when adding people..)

Iller

tGa

“Thats abit hard to do mostly. You cant really comment on your actions afterwards, because the most stuff you do is situational. Youre lacking the obvious Voice Com that usually should come with the Demo.

You will be better off watching Source-TV Demos. Watch it twice – once in Pov of your Player(Class) and once in Free Flight. Go and compare the behaviour of your Player to the behaviour of the Team. Thats the only way youre gonna get an idea of whats going on.”

Yes, you are right here of course. It would be really nice if the vent/mumble chat was included in the STV demos..
To spectate in free flight afterwards is a good idea, I think. I will try this.

organdonor

lol hit ‘R’ constantly ;0)

and dont stand still …. ever!

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I could tell you exactly how my voice coms in a match go …

“Ok medic ready?…lets go…ready? go….uber….uber…..UBER…..HIT THE UBER!!!!………………MY GOD MAN WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!”

organdonor

i thought of a couple … one funny and another good one

* As the sniper ensure you have your cross hairs turned on so you can free scope easier

* use intimidating sparys to scare your enemy ;0)

Iller

tGa

“I could tell you exactly how my voice coms in a match go …

“Ok medic ready?…lets go…ready? go….uber….uber…..UBER…..HIT THE UBER!!!!………………MY GOD MAN WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!” ”

Lol, I recognize this..

Why did you leave Nervous ? by the way, Fragga ?
It seemed to be a very promising lineup to me.

Rele

” 1 – Play pickups ”

Actually, I have never tried pickups, but it seems to be some kind of agreement that there are too many noobs there and that you don’t learn anything ?

Its mainly aiming and movement practice.

Head Hunter

hmmm would be cool if we could some how get a recording
of the comms and play it with the demos.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Iller: It’s more fun to play soldier in pickup games where both sides are equally balanced and where I can have more of an influence in the outcome, than to be in a clan where the middle point (and therefore the round) is lost before I even arrive. If I join another clan it will be one where the scouts and demomen are of the highest order, such as TCM. But that’s never going to happen so I’m more than happy just playing pickup games :)

Iller

tGa

It would definetely be more fun to watch stv demos with voice coms and hear things like “AHHH kill that fucking scout !!” :-)

Head Hunter

‘It would definetely be more fun to watch stv demos with voice coms and hear things like “AHHH kill that fucking scout !!” :-)’

I was thinking more along the lines of how they communicate, what calls each player makes etc…

Fiend

wMiC?

Fragga lets be honest you speak some shit and your in your own little world xD

thaldarin

On recommendation of a higher skilled player, I’ve recently changed my sensitivity from a moderately high one to an extremely low one as a scout. I then switched my mantis control for speed pad. I HAVE to stretch my hand across the whole of the pad to 360 now, I find my maneouvability is hindered somewhat; however my aim has far since seen an improvement. I’d pass that advice along to your scouts to give a try, it is extremely tough to get used to but I feel it’s got more benefit.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »