A Painful Introspective

Created 19th December 2011 @ 01:10

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from droso

[…]

If there is an upcoming top soldier/scout in the making, he won’t need help as what defines a top player is the ability the understand the game by himself.
These kind of players just need to be noticed by higher players and eventually picked up by a better team but he won’t need help to improve.

If you need help to understand how to play the game, you’ll never be a top player.

As for the other players, the-decents-but-will-never-get-above-div2, mentoring can help but they should still think about the game by themselves at some point.

oh really? must be were im going wrong “must remove my mentors.”

Dummy

Quoted from h1

[…]
oh really? must be were im going wrong “must remove my mentors.”

I think droso is implying you’re not the next top player

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
clippen carry scout, beavern bad
:D

clippen wasn’t in their team at the time :)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

He is though :)
Was going to recruit h1 but another team beat me to it.

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

:(

IPZIE

SUAVE

there are some many insights and pov demos out there and if you all watched them 20 times and watched your own demos and compared them with each other and still need a mentor your never gonna make it even to the gas station down the street. If you improve and get better you gonna get to know better players wich will automaticly let you work even harder on yourself. Its a circle but you cant wait and say:” mhhhh he will just go huge if he gets a mentor etc” because with that mindset…never

dauk

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

He is though :)
Was going to recruit h1 but another team beat me to it.

prob your thoughts about prem players being asses comes because of people like you that evaluate other players being good while being bad themselfs.

IPZIE

SUAVE

related to my post above – referring to bytes latest uploads in wich he is to analysing the game play of epsilon in the etf2l finals. Great initiative and a very good way to fast work on your own and your team positioning.

Last edited by IPZIE,

FADe

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/loveagoodtutu.jpg/

dying to know

Ghostface

spire

Or you could just be like Dummy and do it the old-fashioned trial and error way.

And then claim to be div2 despite being shit.

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from IPZIE

there are some many insights and pov demos out there and if you all watched them 20 times and watched your own demos and compared them with each other and still need a mentor your never gonna make it even to the gas station down the street. If you improve and get better you gonna get to know better players wich will automaticly let you work even harder on yourself. Its a circle but you cant wait and say:” mhhhh he will just go huge if he gets a mentor etc” because with that mindset…never

I have to agree, you can be told to do something, but until you understand why you’re doing it there’s gaps in your knowledge that won’t allow you to progress. You have to learn by yourself to see what you’re doing wrong, and why. Then you can apply your knowledge to new situations and you’ll be a better player for it.

Also, personally, I’ve done a ‘fair’ amount of mentoring. However, mentors shouldn’t have to look for people who want help. I’ve tried that. It gets no appreciation, and you don’t get anywhere. Some people are frnkly insulted that you’d possibly think they’d need help. So? Why shoudl I look for people who want my help?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from dauk

[…]

prob your thoughts about prem players being asses comes because of people like you that evaluate other players being good while being bad themselfs.

you see right through me :(
also I never said “prem players are asses”

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

I like to play TF2 6v6. I love taunting people after I kill them. I like to spam r7an’s binds. I don’t like reading articles about the TF2 scene (would rather cut myself). I have no chance of winning any prize money. I don’t like ESL.

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

BOOOOOBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

??

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

If i’d of known this thread would be created afterwards I would of just made us talk about foundry for an extra half an hour. The TF2 community out doing itself once again

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Hildreth

You have contributed positively to the community, I applaud you. However it doesn’t mean you’re suddenly the messiah of TF2 who is the only one who has the solutions to all the communities problems. Judging by your arguments, god himself probably told you to post it.

Shame really that I know you and you won’t stop arguing until your parents kick you off the computer. You’re the type of person that when you kick a ball over an electric fence would say it is a good idea to touch the fence in an attempt to climb it, then get electrocuted but insist it was still the right thing to do and repeat touching the electric fence and keep getting electrocuted until your eyes are bleeding, hair is falling out and your skin melting around your hands. Then you will admit you were probably wrong, however – “TO BE FAIR GUISH IT IS SOCIETIES FAULT FOR BEING SO GREEDY ABOUT LAND OWNERSHIP THAT FARMERS HAVE TO PUT ELECTRIC FENCES UP TO STOP PEOPLE FROM TRESPASSING.” Meanwhile those with common sense and rationalization will knock on the front door of the land owner and ask permission to get the ball back.

Well nice to attack me instead of arguments. Also nice to make a analogy that is both untrue and just sensational. You in fact called me a hypocrite as I had done thing for tf2, I proved otherwise. You can not even have consistency within your arguments.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »