Forum

A Painful Introspective

Created 19th December 2011 @ 01:10

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

You have contributed positively to the community, I applaud you. However it doesn’t mean you’re suddenly the messiah of TF2 who is the only one who has the solutions to all the communities problems. Judging by your arguments, god himself probably told you to post it.

Shame really that I know you and you won’t stop arguing until your parents kick you off the computer. You’re the type of person that when you kick a ball over an electric fence would say it is a good idea to touch the fence in an attempt to climb it, then get electrocuted but insist it was still the right thing to do and repeat touching the electric fence and keep getting electrocuted until your eyes are bleeding, hair is falling out and your skin melting around your hands. Then you will admit you were probably wrong, however – “TO BE FAIR GUISH IT IS SOCIETIES FAULT FOR BEING SO GREEDY ABOUT LAND OWNERSHIP THAT FARMERS HAVE TO PUT ELECTRIC FENCES UP TO STOP PEOPLE FROM TRESPASSING.” Meanwhile those with common sense and rationalization will knock on the front door of the land owner and ask permission to get the ball back.

h1

:3
BM

even if im div5-, id still offer my help to anyone.. community wont grow if you dont help the new people shine through, there could be another upcoming solly scout demo etc out there waiting to be found, and taught the ways, yet it seems people havent the effort. likes of spike and others offering to mentor countless times, going from div4 to div6 to help new people shine through, i say keep up the good work spike maybe others will follow suite! im not saying drop your team to help out im just saying, offering 1hour out of your day sat on mumble to help a team isnt going to do you harm, for all you know in a years time they could be storming you up in the higher div’s or is that what people are afraid of? a new team coming on dominating ? qn for instant new team went from div6-div3/2 or w/e in a mere season or more, pure talented team and ive played them in l4d they were decent team in that also. anyway i’ve said my peace GL HF.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I’ll admin TF2 until I get grey

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Limp.

[…]
Trash talk and taunting is part of any sport so live with it.

There’s a difference between talking trash and being an overall asshole.

Dummy

Quoted from h1

even if im div5-, id still offer my help to anyone.. community wont grow if you dont help the new people shine through, there could be another upcoming solly scout demo etc out there waiting to be found, and taught the ways, yet it seems people havent the effort. likes of spike and others offering to mentor countless times, going from div4 to div6 to help new people shine through, i say keep up the good work spike maybe others will follow suite! im not saying drop your team to help out im just saying, offering 1hour out of your day sat on mumble to help a team isnt going to do you harm, for all you know in a years time they could be storming you up in the higher div’s or is that what people are afraid of? a new team coming on dominating ? qn for instant new team went from div6-div3/2 or w/e in a mere season or more, pure talented team and ive played them in l4d they were decent team in that also. anyway i’ve said my peace GL HF.

mere season xD? get your facts straight – they’re like YYT was sometime ago. they’ve been climbing the ranks for some time and at a steady pace which is why it looks like they’ve come from nowhere apparently.
also the idea that people are afraid of helping people because they might end up better than them someday is retarded. people who think like that wouldnt make good mentors anyway

Last edited by Dummy,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dummy

Here, logic. for every mentor there’s more than 10 mentees. why should the MENTORS be the ones seeking the mentees, especially as they give up more of their time doing their ‘job’ for the mentees than the mentees do getting mentored?

Because not every half decent player can be bothered, or has the time, to do actual useful mentoring.
Also what sac said above; new players may be shy or feel they are going to waste someone’s time.

With that said, if a new player could really just add a random prem player on steam and get decent help then we’re at least one step ahead in the right direction :)

h1

BM

Quoted from Dummy

cup was a massive failure, not much else can be said about it. Got informed of my team, most of who were americans, the day before in the evening. I got around to talking to ONE of them at midnight :D
about the actual thread – TF2 won’t go big but it can get bigger. ETF2L’s fine for the task if the admins not only run the league but also seek sponsors etc. not much we as the playerbase can do for ETF2L since ETF2L apparently doesn’t need more admins

[…]

Here, logic. for every mentor there’s more than 10 mentees. why should the MENTORS be the ones seeking the mentees, especially as they give up more of their time doing their ‘job’ for the mentees than the mentees do getting mentored?

clearly didnt understand what i said did you?, nevertheless i dont want any QQ :)

Dummy

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Because not every half decent player can be bothered, or has the time, to do actual useful mentoring.
Also what sac said above; new players may be shy or feel they are going to waste someone’s time.

With that said, if a new player could really just add a random prem player on steam and get decent help then we’re at least one step ahead in the right direction :)

There’s no point in not in trying. they say no? tough luck, ask another person

Quoted from h1

[…]

clearly didnt understand what i said did you?, nevertheless i dont want any QQ :)

explain then, I know I’m not very bright (:()

Last edited by Dummy,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CanFo

I’ll admin TF2 until I get grey

+1

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
There’s no point in not in trying. they say no? tough luck, ask another person

It’s not that easy for everyone. The elitism shown by some players doesn’t really help either.
When I was new to medic I remember getting a mentoring session by pyyyour, and with hindsight it’s been a giant waste of time for him, as I know now that at the time I hadn’t a clue what he was talking about. This now renders me reluctant to contact someone else to ask more stupid questions I won’t understand the answers to – I’m sure these people have better things to do.

This is also the reason I try to take the different approach myself; get to the people that may need help rather than sitting in my chair waiting for someone to come to me (they never would come to me but that’s besides the point :D).

Last edited by Spike Himself,

h1

BM

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
mere season xD? get your facts straight – they’re like YYT was sometime ago. they’ve been climbing the ranks for some time and at a steady pace which is why it looks like they’ve come from nowhere apparently.
also the idea that people are afraid of helping people because they might end up better than them someday is retarded. people who think like that wouldnt make good mentors anyway

oh really? i only seen them play in season8. but hey my facts are clearly wrong.

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from rtan

Also why should we put a ton of effort for pub players to come into the comp when everyone I know made a team themselves and put a bit of work into learning the game?

We shouldnt help people get into tf2 derp derp derp derp derp! I didnt get any help so why should they derp derp derp?!

Anyone who helped with the newbie mix projects, thanks for introducing more people to comp tf2!

droso

o/

Quoted from h1

there could be another upcoming solly scout demo etc out there waiting to be found

If there is an upcoming top soldier/scout in the making, he won’t need help as what defines a top player is the ability the understand the game by himself.
These kind of players just need to be noticed by higher players and eventually picked up by a better team but he won’t need help to improve.

If you need help to understand how to play the game, you’ll never be a top player.

As for the other players, the-decents-but-will-never-get-above-div2, mentoring can help but they should still think about the game by themselves at some point.

Last edited by droso,

Dummy

Quoted from h1

[…]

oh really? i only seen them play in season8. but hey my facts are clearly wrong.

sorry I forgot playing tf2 outside of a season is forbidden

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
sorry I forgot playing tf2 outside of a season is forbidden

lol you were the one saying they spent more than one season improving

anyway the reason they only played 1 season is the ban on their carry scout Beav

Dummy

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

lol you were the one saying they spent more than one season improving

anyway the reason they only played 1 season is the ban on their carry scout Beav

clippen carry scout, beavern bad
:D

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »