Forum

Rate hacks

Created 13th December 2011 @ 23:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from octochris

anything you think is suspicious to the extent of being a possible ratehack, you can report to us. we’ll handle it from there.

Yeah but what am I looking for? Suspicious how? I have no clue as to what someone rate hacking looks like, so how can I think it’s suspicious if I have no reference to judge it against?

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Yeah but what am I looking for? Suspicious how? I have no clue as to what someone rate hacking looks like, so how can I think it’s suspicious if I have no reference to judge it against?

what rating hacking basicly is doing was mentioned before. You are aiming at his body but the shot is not registred and you basicly have to aim towards besides above or where ever to actually hit them.

edit: i hope chris is not showing up and telling me that i dont know shit about rate hacks :D ♥ u chris

Last edited by IPZIE,

rtan

-9w-

good to see this being taken seriously now

Spike Himself

TC

I doubt I’ll ever report someone for this, personally. Outside officials, anyway.
If someone needs this to be good/better at tf2 then I’ll joyfully take pride in the fact my opponent is a sad act. PCWs are for practice; opponent having rate “hacks” only makes for better practice, if anything :)

Monkeh

So when my scouts tell me they can’t hit the enemy because of the server being bad, “I literally can’t hit him!”, (this happens reasonably frequently!), it might be they’re using rate hacks and the server is fine and I shouldn’t rage at them afterwards for being shit?

So what I’m being told as a team leader is, if my scouts think they can’t hit the enemy scouts as they should during a match I should !admin it up and report the fuckers?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Spike Himself

I doubt I’ll ever report someone for this, personally. Outside officials, anyway.
If someone needs this to be good/better at tf2 then I’ll joyfully take pride in the fact my opponent is a sad act. PCWs are for practice; opponent having rate “hacks” only makes for better practice, if anything :)

It will not make you better if you learn to randomly aim around your opponent instead of directly at him.

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Quoted from Monkeh

So when my scouts tell me they can’t hit the enemy because of the server being bad, “I literally can’t hit him!”, (this happens reasonably frequently!), it might be they’re using rate hacks and the server is fine and I shouldn’t rage at them afterwards for being shit?

So what I’m being told as a team leader is, if my scouts think they can’t hit the enemy scouts as they should during a match I should !admin it up and report the fuckers?

Or they just bad day!:D

Something for Chris here btw, etf2l recently allowed cl_interp_ratio 0, does this work the same as it used to do ages back in css? (cl_interpolate 0)

Back in the day the effect was that you saw their actual positioning e.g. the smoothing and interpolation was removed, therefore model=hitbox.
You are probably now going to tell me that this is nonsense, but interested anywho:)

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

I don’t know how rate hacks work, or really care all that much. But a question: if the usage of ratehacks create an unnatural situation would that really help your practice regime? Wouldn’t it by the same argument be beneficial to practice with bad latency?

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

Hereby I report all russian players.

Thalash

wG
S-O

[…]

Other than hide your ping. Kinda exceptional but a team may consider an enemy medic lagspiking a reason to initiate a push.

I believe typing “status” shows the pings aswell. And they’re more exact than the once shown on the Scoreboard, as far as I know.

Spike Himself

TC

But you’re not going to do that every 3 seconds to see if someone is lagging out :D

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Just force the config with sv_maxrate and minrate to both 60000 and use some plugin that detects fluctuations in rates or something. And since it’s often russians: go default hunting since you actually can now regarding rules

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from IPZIE

What was the trigger for all this to happen chris? just curious

This might start to explain it (chatlog of me and saemzi from ~middle of S10):

vier ° ell2fast: how do you know that prozak uses a rate hack?
sai ! /lf movie maker: i dont know
vier ° ell2fast: that there even is such a thing
sai ! /lf movie maker: its not prooven that there is omething liek a ratehack
sai ! /lf movie maker: your rates and interp basically jsut fix your hitreg
sai ! /lf movie maker: but maybe there are some options combined with shittie internet that move your hitboxx
vier ° ell2fast: would be interesting to know if it was obvious enough for you to be able to come to that conclusion without any prior knowledge. Let me tell you why in a sec.
sai ! /lf movie maker: k
vier ° ell2fast: sure you didn’t overheard it somewhere and your own experience fit right into that picture?
sai ! /lf movie maker: well many people call tviq a “ratehacker”
sai ! /lf movie maker: i can hit him as anyone else
sai ! /lf movie maker: but i cant prozak
sai ! /lf movie maker: maybe its my fault cuz i had a bad day
vier ° ell2fast: I don’t think so
sai ! /lf movie maker: but it just felt weird
sai ! /lf movie maker: probably its the same like when you played against beavern
vier ° ell2fast: Long story short, I aquired the hack and I intend to turn it over to valve so they can do something about it
sai ! /lf movie maker: really ?
vier ° ell2fast: yea :)
sai ! /lf movie maker: lawl
sai ! /lf movie maker: link :D
sai ! /lf movie maker: prozaks?
vier ° ell2fast: yes
sai ! /lf movie maker: prozak getting banned?
vier ° ell2fast: I wouldn’t go that far

I’ll see what else I can dig up in my logs.

Last edited by ell,

Linus

[d¿s]

how does that make for a better practice, if its not harder to hit them because they dodge better,. but simply because its not possible to hit them where they are on the screen? :D If anything it just makes scout vs scout insanely frustrating.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]
what rating hacking basicly is doing was mentioned before. You are aiming at his body but the shot is not registred and you basicly have to aim towards besides above or where ever to actually hit them.

As Monkeh stated, sometimes your hits just don’t register for whatever reason – bad server, ping differences (correct me on this), etc. Either way, it is extremely annoying when you can’t rely on what you see happening in the game on your screen when, in theory, you have to point at someone and click to hit. That being said, I personally will either investigate myself or just immediately report anyone whom I will suspect of ratehacking (once I actually get to know how it looks like), as I’m not spending my time on the game just to be repeatedly convinced that whatever amount of time I spent on practicing may just go to hell when a bunch of retards will happen to add a single sign in their cl_cmdrate.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »