Forum

Vanilla Trash Cast

Created 31st October 2011 @ 20:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

flushy

P.O.P

can’t really believe vanilla TV hasn’t made use of Arx and Beta more than 2 times in its history… the two best casters, no homo.

Brov

Quoted from Snyyppis

I love the amount of work Comedian puts to streaming and casting but overall I do agree that it tends to be very awkward. Often the insight, i.e. “they should do this” and “that’s an awful decision”, is pretty cringe worthy.

What I’d suggest is do more play-by-play, and leave the analysis for co-caster or for quieter periods when teams are holding. That way you can keep up with the game more and make less mistakes. Slow it down a bit, take a breather. Casting can still sound enthusiastic even when you take a bit of time to think about what you’re saying.

Don’t let the haters get to you – keep improving, this scene needs people like you.

<3

djc

d2f~

people in this fuckigjn game need to sotp acting like you gotta have a degree in fuckin tf2 castology ot criticze a mothafcuker

comedian is a shit ass caster who is a ba.l.ler motherfucker and puts in a lot of wor k for vanoilla. his reewwasrd for being a slave is tht he get to cast but lok bitches, you dont work n beat your lsave to the fuckgin bone and then be like “oh shit my children are idiots, ima shave my slave go rub his balls on thei rfukcing face.” this motgherucvkcer literally said “that’s a brilliant airhsot in the air” — biiiitch we know it was in the air hence airshot. o rht eufkcing time comedian just goes like “oh man whart an amazing stcky trap by byte, that was just… so patient so amazing… byte is jut… such an amaaaazing guuuy” and soudned like he was a 11 year old watchin nsync music videos n gtetin his panties wetter than a slip n slide

gibix

iH

Quoted from djc

people in this fuckigjn game need to sotp acting like you gotta have a degree in fuckin tf2 castology ot criticze a mothafcuker

comedian is a shit ass caster who is a ba.l.ler motherfucker and puts in a lot of wor k for vanoilla. his reewwasrd for being a slave is tht he get to cast but lok bitches, you dont work n beat your lsave to the fuckgin bone and then be like “oh shit my children are idiots, ima shave my slave go rub his balls on thei rfukcing face.” this motgherucvkcer literally said “that’s a brilliant airhsot in the air” — biiiitch we know it was in the air hence airshot. o rht eufkcing time comedian just goes like “oh man whart an amazing stcky trap by byte, that was just… so patient so amazing… byte is jut… such an amaaaazing guuuy” and soudned like he was a 11 year old watchin nsync music videos n gtetin his panties wetter than a slip n slide

wait….what….. LOL

Wiiking

i prefer quality over quantity but i guess u got to start somewhere…

dodgydogman

Panda

I think that if people dont like comedian, thats fine, but its a little pointless just going “I dont like him”, why say what you dont like, so maybe he could get better at casting..

Quoted from djc

Lol, I have a degree in castology, but it hasnt landed me a casting gig in today’s econ…

Last edited by dodgydogman,

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from GibbZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0eSOTF01v0

heh

hahhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by byte,

GangsterAlgot

One of my idols once said a very beautiful thing that this thread needs to read:

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-7786

AnimaL

why would arx and beta want to join NOW after they got refused to cast final on iseries

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Me and Beta have a few other commitments at the moment, so it’s been quite hard to find time to cast.

I kind of have mixed feelings about this thread.

Firstly, I beleive Vanilla TV came about in order to improve the quality of the TF2 casting scene. I was sold on the, ‘we will try to make things more professional, higher quality of casts, better levels of organisation’.

I can’t fault the backroom staff of vanilla TV’s level of organisation. They really do work their asses off. Always thinking up new ideas to promote the casts, harassing teams who are lazy and can’t be bothered to pass on server information. Seriously… I don’t have half the motivation to do the shit these guys do for the community and the guys casting the game, and they rarely get any of the glory that the casters do. People need to respect these guys more. They ARE vanillaTV… the commentators are mearly guests in comparison.

As for making things more professional…
It started out as a good idea. TF2 doesn’t have a caster like Day9 who is willing to spend nine tenths of their life in front of a camera commentating games or other videos. We do have a very limited number of ‘professional’ casters, which means, only a limited number of games can be professionally casted. VanillaTV came up with the idea of the open mic commentaries. Basically… letting anyone have a go, or teaming a new commentator up with a professional one for a more, relaxed cast, just to get more games on the air.

My problem at the moment, is these open mic casts are being regarded as the vanillaTV casts. I may be part of vanillaTV, but I am still honest in my opinions. There are some casters who are truely awful. They swear on the air, they simply have a chat over the top of a game, abuse the players in the game, and occasionally mention what’s actually going on in regards to the TF2 game. I wouldn’t so much mind this in a low-key, open mic night, but some of these guys are considered to be main (or almost main) casters for vanillaTV, and there casts aren’t usually considered to be open mic, but the vanilla TV main stage.

There needs to be a clear distinction between vanilla TV open mic casts (where the quality and professionalism of the casts is going go be a lot lower), and the Vanilla TV main casts, where everything should be run like you are appearing on the BBC in front of millions. Some casters need to be made aware of this, because there are some good casters on the team, who know how to be professional and entertaining, but they choose not to be because they will get more laughs by insulting a player for ‘being a nazi’.

Now the rant section is over. Onto praise.

VanillaTV is casting a lot of games at the moment. This… can’t be a bad thing in any way shape or form. If I had a choice, to listen to a bad cast, or no cast, I’d listen to the bad cast, and then if I didn’t like it, I’d turn it off. It’s nice to have that option!

As a listener, I generally enjoy listening to some of the casters that people seem to be complaining about. Comedian is slated a lot, but when he’s not trying to be overly funny, I actually quite like his style. Still, the best caster in TF2 at the moment is Salamancer, and he’s not even part of VTV ;p

Wahooo! Another Arx post with no structure for people to TL;DR ;)

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from flushy

can’t really believe vanilla TV hasn’t made use of Arx and Beta more than 2 times in its history… the two best casters, no homo.

This one is not fair really, as we do get asked to cast a lot, we just haven’t been available. It’s not VTV’s fault, it’s ours.

Quoted from AnimaL

why would arx and beta want to join NOW after they got refused to cast final on iseries

We are part of VTV :P We weren’t really personally bothered about not casting the i-series final. It bothered us more that the community was calling for us, but was ignored. We actually thought it would be right if Ads and Comedian casted the final, as they had put all the work in throughout the event (more so wrong of us to steal their spot).

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Get ThePledge, he may not have been the best, but he was consistent and improved with every cast.

dauk

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Get ThePledge, he may not have been the best, but he was consistent and improved with every cast.

well I personally find it hard to listen to him as HE STARTS SHOUT IN RANDOM MOMENTS.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

-________________________-

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I remember same discussion propped up in TF2TV, ironic really I’d say it is down to the management of VTV probably having internal disputes over quality v quantity. 100% agree with Arx on the issue, rather have the choice of listening to a ‘lower quality’ of casts than nothing at all. Besides Comedian isn’t all that bad, though I must say he is NOT a comedian. :D

I hope VTV will get some HL casts going in the future so I can contribute again. The world needs quiet casters.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »