Forum

Vanilla Trash Cast

Created 31st October 2011 @ 20:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Hildreth

I remember same discussion propped up in TF2TV, ironic really I’d say it is down to the management of VTV probably having internal disputes over quality v quantity. 100% agree with Arx on the issue, rather have the choice of listening to a ‘lower quality’ of casts than nothing at all. Besides Comedian isn’t all that bad, though I must say he is NOT a comedian. :D

I hope VTV will get some HL casts going in the future so I can contribute again. The world needs quiet casters.

Hildreth: The Cast Whisperer

Highlander casts would be excellent. I enjoy watching those a lot more than I do 6v6. To be honest I’ve never really thought about the quality of the casting going on. I’m just happy to be able to watch high skill level TF2 matches. Casters are there to facilitate the action rather than to be the main focus IMO.

instag1b

Panda

Quoted from Hildreth

I hope VTV will get some HL casts going in the future so I can contribute again. The world needs quiet casters.

If you listen very closely, Hildreth mumbles something very excitedly in the highlander frag movie.

atmo

and here comes the uber

Tornf4lk

cc//

I <3 Comedian

Trell

|UKCS|

For those of you complaining about the lack of Arx and Beta, they are casting tonight, having found some free time.

Infused vs Dignitas, 21:15 CET http://www.vanillatf2.org/2011/11/infused-vs-team-dignitas-arx-beta-cast-with-a-competition/

Trane

Awesome.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

I’ve been saying this forever. I turn off the vod if comedian is casting. It just ruins the vod tbh, i’d say no offence but the point clearly hasn’t come through. Please do take offence.

Either stop the casting or make it so you can turn off the cast when listening and just have in-game sounds, which i presume is very in-practical to make. And people complaining about quantity. What ever happened to just showing games with team comms?

Edit: If you want them to be more distinct. Give it a more distinct name than just open mic tagged on the end of the original name

Last edited by CommanderX,

Toasty

6m.

You can’t take away from comedian that he puts alot of work into vanilla TV.
Hes casting skills arnet exactley the best, let alone hes camera skills at i43, but goddammit hes doing something for the community, and that is what matters. Vanilla TV brings you demos, live streams and so on, you can even choose to watch the STV without the shoutcasting. I don’t know how the situation on the ammount of co-casters or casters in general are looking for vanilla tv, but since they have the open mics i think its a way of saying that they are in need.

God dammit, ill sign up for it for the luls. Even if i fail and im shit its gonna be a good laugh.

Also

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A PIVOTAL MOMENT HERE!

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Open mic casting is a great idea, and it needs to be used a lot more. But what it needs to be used for, is not just some inexperienced guys having a laugh over the stream, it needs to be used for players who have an interest in commentating, think they could do a good job, but haven’t tried it before, have little experience, or simply have never had a platform to do it on.

The idea behind it should be that there are thousands of players in this community, and I’m sure there would be at least 100 who could, and would want to cast, but might be a little shy or nervous or just, don’t think they are good enough. Stick one of these guys with an experienced caster (doesn’t have to be a main VTV caster, just someone on the team who has casted before), and let them have a shot at it. The first time I ever did a cast, I did a live cast, I was awful, but after a couple more, you get into the swing of things.

Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9507rwvm8k&feature=channel_video_title

I dare you to play a drinking game. Everytime I say, ‘It will be interesting to see’. 3 year old commentary still makes me lol ;p

Anyway, even the open mic nights should at least be attempts to be professional, just maybe of a lower standard. As for preferrence of casters, not every caster is going to be everyone’s cup of tea. You might find that in the future, you get alternative sets of casters for the big games, that you can switch between, a bit like changing TV channels to watch the same football match, but with different commentators.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

If you think you can do better then comedian, then sign up for yourselves. Otherwise just stop the whining. The man is putting effort in this and I think that it’s not reasonable to burn that effort to the ground like in this thread.. show some respect for the people that care about this community.

djc

d2f~

putting in effort does not magically create a bubble around a person which prevents them from being criticized.

it’s commendable that comedian puts in all of the effort and hours that he does to help tf2 and vanilla and blah blah and i doubt there is anyone who would oppose that notion. but the idea that his casting is rendered infallible because of that is a joke, as is the idea that anyone who is criticizing him should shut up unless they step forward to cast themselves. vanillatv’s casts are ultimately a product of which we are the consumers, and the last time i checked, consumer feedback was a pretty fuckin’ important thing. one of the biggest problems with this dumb community is that people see the slightest bit of criticism levied at someone and instantly flip their shit like “BUT THE EFFORT AND THE TIME!!! HOW CAN YOU CONDEMN THIS MAN WHO DOES SO MUCH FOR THE WORLD IN WHICH WE LIVE???”

this holds especially true with something like casting, which functions on a larger scale than merely tf2 and is one of the better tools we have to bring exposure and growth to this game. if anything, the fact that we’re discussing casting here should mean that we offer more criticism, harsher criticism, and try to separate the chaff from the wheat so as to create a really appealing product instead of just being content with “oh, he puts in effort so it’s fine.”

comedian is presumably a big boy and can presumably handle being judged by the people who directly consume his product. i highly doubt that he’s reading this thread and weeping bitterly so this defense force that has come out for him is pretty bizarre.

Last edited by djc,

after reading this thread, im signing up

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Andee

If you think you can do better then comedian, then sign up for yourselves. Otherwise just stop the whining. The man is putting effort in this and I think that it’s not reasonable to burn that effort to the ground like in this thread.. show some respect for the people that care about this community.

Quoted from Enef

People aren’t saying they would be better just that the quality should be better.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Well i was almost able to enjoy the Ru LAN finals

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4