Forum

New update - Holy cow!

Created 3rd February 2009 @ 01:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »

Renegade

Imperial

Is that minmum based on the distance of the demoman and his grenade?

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

i’d say natasha is finally use-able in 6v6 format, i didn’t know the heavy needed more power though :S

caediss

k^m

its only a buff to his mid-long range really- which he was really weak at

Renegade

Imperial

Sry to beat this old horse again, but isnt it obvious that stickies are doing too much damage, just by looking at these numbers? A headshot a sticky at close range, whilst a rocket will do 66% of that damage, even though rockets fire slower, are less “useful” (they dont stick/ they detonate on any impact), less rockets than stickies, reload takes longer.

Why is any of this reasonable?

AnAkkk

:D THANKS VALVE!

Thanks to everybody who supported TFTrue and removing random damage, and thanks to cyzer for the e-mail to Robin (and thanks to me for modifying the email).

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I was messing around with the var on, I hit 91 as the lowest grenade and 116 as the highest so I think those values are wrong.

byte

Hmm i wonder which i’d rather have (at close range) the ability to kill a demoman with 3 shots fired from a single shotgun (mini shotgun) where no splash damage occurs or be a demoman, who has to use sometimes 3 grenades out of the possible 4 to kill a soldier + taking splash damage x3….

I wonder……*thinks*….

Glad stickies are more powerful now just to rub it in :)

Cheers

Byte

(thats assuming the values given are correct fyi – if they are invalid then i take back my statement :))

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Agree with Renegade, the patch is great and we will see alot more heavy use, but valve really need to stop avoiding the most important problem, that of the overpowered stickies and their ability to detonate whilst in midair (basically functioning as a rocket launcher albeit one with twice the power)

Renegade

Imperial

byte, stickies should do 150% damage of the rocket launcher because soldiers have a shotgun to use?

byte

Well then the grenade pipe shouldn’t be decreased. Like i said its already bad being the only class which can’t kill a class whos 600000 miles away on 1hp coz he has no direct propelling gun :-) and other class can :-)

Id rather higher gren damage then sticky being more over powered, but as (if the values are correct) the gren damage has been decreased i’m glad the stickies have gone up just inspite :-)

*Oh the patriotism*

Cheers

Byte

Renegade

Imperial

I dont think the stickies actually have gone up in damage, and I wouldnt say pipes had reduced in damage either.

Also taking off 1 hp off an extremely distant enemy is hardly the best thing in the world. That person is no threat to you, unless he is sniping in which case (ignoring bad map design where a sniper can stand 600000 miles away) you should be beaten in terms of class choice.

Norrland3000

It works fine with demolimit 1, but sure kinda overpowered in the right hands :)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

lolz, I wonder…*thinks*…should I choose a rocket launcher or a sticky launcher?…the sticky launcher does twice the damage…has twice the ammo…locks a target when detonated…can be detonated at the perfect time…flies in a nice arc…is more effective against enemies at higher terrain…can be used in conjunction with the other ‘primary’ weapon…can enable jumps to the other side of the map or to escape to safety…can lay a defensive minefield to enable spam or to enable retreat…can be hidden behind objects…has no visable trail making them hard to see in flight…can be detonated in flight without hitting an object…lolz did I miss anything?

Renegade

Imperial

you forgot to mention it reloads faster.

byte

You missed the most important one, which is the ability to stay alive against unskilled soldiers.

:x

Cheers

Byte

*edit* could go through all the advantages of a soldier over a demo but the thread ain’t about that :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »