Forum

New update - Holy cow!

Created 3rd February 2009 @ 01:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 16 Next »

Renegade

Imperial

Why dont we all change to/ play demoman? Because I dont enjoy it as much as Soldier. Not everyone plays for easy frags with sticky camping, or whatever else demomen do thats so different to Soldier.

“Demomen is fine as is” Really? Then please answer why stickies are doing 150 damage and rockets arent. Must be a pretty simple task for you if you can so simply state these things.

“Every team has one so yey the game is balanced” The whole game may very well be balanced if every team is running the same class setup, but the classes being balanced is a whole different issue. And its an extremely important one. The problem is that demoman is so much stronger than soldier. That is the problem agron…

“Only the best demomen are killing everyone”. Not true… Weve all seen our demomen and enemy demomen solo multiple players from a well hidden position, where they spam stickies down onto a control point or some other guarantueed damage area and right click over and over.

Why would these changes be so ludicrous?

– Reduce the damage done by close and mid range stickies by 33%.
– Stickies must first be stuck to an object to be detonated (as well as the ordinary timer).
– Stickies no longer collide with enemies, and fall to the ground beneath them.

perry

[MIPC]

– Reduce the damage done by close and mid range stickies by 33%.
– Stickies must first be stuck to an object to be detonated (as well as the ordinary timer).
– Stickies no longer collide with enemies, and fall to the ground beneath them.

the damage reduction would be fine, other 2 pure bullshit.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Imo if you play with disablespread 1 and the demo can’t 1 shot a medic with 1 sticky everything is fine. The only problems were those crazy >160 damage stickys which should be done for then.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

“- Stickies must first be stuck to an object to be detonated (as well as the ordinary timer).”

i lold, thats just a nerf that would kill the demo lol, take it easy guys

Renegade

Imperial

Tumble, stickies overlap with rockets the most because of those other two reason atm.

seppo

Dundundun why the fuck would you rather nerf a class making pretty much all of its players unhappy instead of pimping the class that is underpowered? that way everyones happy tbh :) lowering the solly selfdamage back to what it was and maybe even adding one more rocket to make it 5 and voula?

Waebi

‹Con›

NEEDZ MOAR RAWKIT SPAM @ 5 rockets.
edit: but kinda agree with the idea of buffing instead of nerfing. BUT that will come close to constant 2 shots on certain classes, which imo is fail :(

kolox

obs.

Reduce the self-damage on soldier, reduce the damage demo stickies do by 33%, boom.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Agreed, soldier self damage should be reduced.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

“Why should stickies do 150 damage?”

Why should they not? They only do 150 damage when detonated directly on/in/under a player. A realistic damage value for the sticky would be closer to about 70.

If you are going to gimp the demoman, why not gimp soldier’s close range rockets, knock their damage values down a bit, and why not gimp the scout’s close range scattergun damage, I mean, 3 shots of a hitscan weapon to kill any class in the game? Overpowered much? Oh but wait, 3 shots are only when point blank, it’s not realistic damage…..

.. Well the good scouts often get themselves in a position where they 2 hit me, so to me it’s very realistic. The good demomen often detonate their stickies to deal their 150 damage. Good soldiers often get themselves in a position to 2 hit me. These players know the power of their class, and know that shooting at quake3 distances on players is going to have little effect.

Why don’t we make this game a game where it takes 30 minutes to kill a player and make the entire game rely on killing the medic as he will be able to out heal all damage.

Oh and I agree that the soldier self damage should be removed or changed back down to what it was. That update gimped the soldier more than anything in this game, and it was about that time that people started to bitch more about the demoman being overpowered.

And if you are having too much difficulty killing a demoman, you probably need to learn how to play your class, as I’ve played all classes for a period of time and I’ve never found the demoman to be the huge problem you are making him out to be, infact, as a scout, I found demomen one of the easiest classes to kill… a lot easier than killing a soldier face up.

In a medic + demoman vs medic + soldier (uber vs uber fight). Who wins most of the time (asuming ubers were triggered at the same time). I’ve found the soldier and medic often causes the demo and medic to retreat or die.

caediss

k^m

oh cool 12 pages, maybe there is some good posts in here about the new update…

nope. just the same argument that’s being going on for six months

Iller

tGa

Yes, of course the demoman is the most powerful class in the game (that’s why we play with demolimit 1), but why should all classes be equally strong ?

It like chess. The Medic is the King (the main target of the enemy team/player).
The demo is the queen. The two soldiers are the rooks. The scouts are the knights (able to jump in strange ways)
The useless public pyros are the peasants..

I agree that the 33% stickydamage reduction and the removal of the selfdamage on the solly would help balancing the classes against each other (even though the demo still would be better).

compton

cvx|

It’s just a matter of rewarding skillful players. Paper should sometimes win scissors if the paper is strong enough.

I’d be happy if soldier self-damage would be reduced back to 60%. Don’t think that demo nerf is necessary.

agron

Relic

paper (solly) wins against scissors (demo) often enough. Certain people just want to win always with their class in a 1v1.

And btw, if dmg is reduced by 33% and sollies have their self dmg reduced, are we still talking about dl1 then? You have to remember that too, if we “nerf” the demo, the dl1 should go too then as the class is no longer “op”.

AnAkkk

Nice, 6th offtopic page.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 16 Next »