TF2 updated - discuss!

Created 29th January 2009 @ 01:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Update News – Team Fortress 2
Latest Update: January 28, 2009

[-]January 28, 2009 – Team Fortress 2/day Of Defeat: Source Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Added percentage to UberCharge HUD panel for the Medic

Added upgrade progress and levels to Engineer HUD panel for all buildings

Added mp_tournament_allow_non_admin_restart server ConVar to allow server admin to toggle whether non-admin players can issue the mp_tournament_restart ConCommand on the server. Default is 1 (current behavior)

Added flag to the gamerules entity so map authors can override the HUD type being used. Allows map authors to force CTF or CP HUD to be used if they mix CTF/CP entities in the map

Added check in CTF HUD to make sure it doesn’t point at disabled capture zones when the player is carrying the flag. Allows map authors to have more than one capture zone for each team in the map

Changed AutoTeam to give new players to the attackers on attack/defend maps if the teams are even

Fixed Pyro model not animating in the class menu

Fixed players getting stuck in the “prepare to respawn…” countdown loop

Fixed Natascha not getting the proper 75% of damage and slightly increased the strength of Natascha’s slowdown

Fixed teleporter entrance/exit effects being drawn when they don’t have a matching teleporter entrance/exit

Fixed announcer saying “the cart is nearing the checkpoint” after the round has already been won

Fixed cloaked spies having a particle-beam effect while standing next to a dispenser that’s healing them

Fixed server crash when trying to load a map that contains control points with duplicate index values

Fixed several materials warnings in the console

Fixed “Cart.Explode” sound script entry using an unknown sound channel

Marked the cl_bobcycle and cl_bobup ConVars as cheats

Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source

Fixed clients using reloadresponsesystems, sv_soundemitter_flush, sv_soundemitter_filecheck, sv_findsoundname, and sv_soundscape_printdebuginfo to lag/crash servers

Source Engine

Fixed client “timeout on mapchange” problem

Fixed setinfo exploit

Marked the r_aspectratio ConVar as a cheat

Server Browser

Renamed “Quick List” to “Map List”

Removed minimum ping filter from Map List

Some people gonna be mighty annoyed with the cheat status of bobcycle and aspectratio…

I say kudos to Valve :D

Let’s check this Heavy tweak out yo!

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

i lol’d at the new “cheats” :/ idiots

Bash

Marked the cl_bobcycle and cl_bobup ConVars as cheats

Fucking bullshit.

Grem

rEJ
TG

Fucking cl_bobcycle bullshit. WTF valve?!

Jh

Hey dats!

ye

tftrue to remove gun models!!

kaidus

WiK?

Fuck yes quick list renamed to map list. Best update ever.

appe

worst update ever.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

indeed :(

I guess we can blame Anakin he talked about reporting it to valve when discussing here in the forum about r_aspectratio

yellowfellow

F13

the new cheats… that was stupid

compton

cvx|

r_aspectratio and cl_bobcycle changes make very little sense. But it’s always the louder demographic that wins, which means we should whine to Valve to get these features back. I myself aren’t too bothered, I’ll just go back using a 1920×900 resolution to counter r_aspectratio.

Also, removing cl_bobcycle is another soldier nerf, since their rocket launcher is huge and takes half the screen. Yes, it’s unintentional, but I don’t like losing fights because I can’t see anything due to an inappropriate aspect ratio or a bigass picture of a gun drawn in front of my eyes.

And I’m talking about the real world aspect ratio, people really can have monitors that display sideways the equivalent of r_aspectratio 3 or even more. Should screen sizes like that be considered as cheats too?

I say bring fov and weapon hiding into the open source ESEA plugin and forget about the hassle of waiting for Valve to fix things back.

DL

From #25 on http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/386615/

“Talked to Robin on steam..

Robin: we’re going to add an explicit option to hide the viewmodel, so you don’t need to funky hidden convar tricks that only you guys know about

Robin: should be in the next update”

Norris

do yesterdays demo recordings still work?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I Play Vanilla TF2, so none of those changes bother me, but indeed it would be nice to have the option to remove the gun as its preferential really and dosnt make too much difference.

As for FOV this isn’t Quake and maybe if they did increase the current limits they definitely want to consider how much by.
Also i think its right they hide semi-secret console commands as alot of players wont know about them and fov commands are already there, even if people think their not ranged enough :p

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

my old demos worked ;)

I dont come to the website gotfrag.com at the moment

but if they fix to turn the gun model off without “cheating” it would be nice :)

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

nice :)

i wonder if natasha will be of any use now then

+1 tapley

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »