Forum

Making pixel pickup open?

Created 26th June 2011 @ 16:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

Dummy

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

It would be hardly beneficial for comp tf2 to have people mentored by div5/6 people.

think he meant higher div players

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
think he meant higher div players

He was talking about an open channel, didn’t specify what kind of mentors, and he’s a div5 player.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from mimsku

channel for div 5/6
channel for div 3/4
channel for div 1/2

I really don’t know if segregation is the way to go.
Players will improve infinitely faster playing with people from the upper divisions.

I’d be happy to play in an open system where people who continually fuck about and play selfishly are warned/punished. I find the players who are not new but continue to make the same bad decisions far more infuriating than some new guys who don’t know any better :<

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

I really don’t know if segregation is the way to go.
Players will improve infinitely faster playing with people from the upper divisions.

I’d be happy to play in an open system where people who continually fuck about and play selfishly are warned/punished. I find the players who are not new but continue to make the same bad decisions far more infuriating than some new guys who don’t know any better :<

Plus one.

kurt

trick17
trick17

Make the invite open. I doubt there will be a huge surge of new players and if you send these few new into some crap channel they will probably end up not playing anymore. IF they can play some decent pickups they will quickly learn and I doubt one or two new players per pickup will ruin the fun for the others.

If there are tons of new players you can still consider sending them to another channel.

Dummy

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

He was talking about an open channel, didn’t specify what kind of mentors, and he’s a div5 player.

harsh as always

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Always found pixel pickup to be tedious, boring, full of trolls and ragers (self included) and generally the biggest elitist mobs of egotistical nerds TF2 community has to offer. I say to the low player you’re not missing out on anything.

Gladdy

Quoted from Hildreth

Always found pixel pickup to be tedious, boring, full of trolls and ragers (self included) and generally the biggest elitist mobs of egotistical nerds TF2 community has to offer. I say to the low player you’re not missing out on anything.

Never noticed a thing in the pickups I’ve played though.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Admirable

[…]smart words

dont even bother replying to such suggestions, you’re way too nice.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Hildreth

+1

No where close to a taste of 6v6, its a 12man public server, no communication, lack of general basic team play. Its not fun, and its not 6v6 competitive, it needs a blast of fresh air right now because at the moment it isn’t serving its purpose at all.

I’m no perfect player and tend to whine, but at the end of the day, its not really anything I’d recommend new players to join to grasp basic 6v6.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

If you’re going to make it open, have good and active admins.

Dummy

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

+1

No where close to a taste of 6v6, its a 12man public server, no communication, lack of general basic team play. Its not fun, and its not 6v6 competitive, it needs a blast of fresh air right now because at the moment it isn’t serving its purpose at all.

well not THIS bad xD it feels like a div 5 mix most of the time

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
well not THIS bad xD it feels like a div 5 mix most of the time

Sorry to say, but it seems like whenever I’ve played a pickup its turned out to be a typical ‘medic and his boyfriend’ while everyone else sits silently playing public, I could join a 32 man public server and have the same experience.

Adam, you do a great job of this channel and I realise you put as much effort into the bot and pickup itself, but there really needs to be a more enthusiastic player base before you make it open.

As Admirable said, I’m happy to play with those willing to want to grasp the basics of the game, but there simply isn’t an incentive at the moment, especially considering the amount of people who take no interest at this current moment.

Dummy

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Sorry to say, but it seems like whenever I’ve played a pickup its turned out to be a typical ‘medic and his boyfriend’ while everyone else sits silently playing public, I could join a 32 man public server and have the same experience.

Adam, you do a great job of this channel and I realise you put as much effort into the bot and pickup itself, but there really needs to be a more enthusiastic player base before you make it open.

As Admirable said, I’m happy to play with those willing to want to grasp the basics of the game, but there simply isn’t an incentive at the moment, especially considering the amount of people who take no interest at this current moment.

another thing like other people said, need more admins who are actually good at the job, currently there isn’t many who are capable. decent, but not capable.

Sketch

MM

just hand out 2/3 week temp accounts to anyone who wants it? and if they are completely retarded they don’t get access long-term.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »