Forum

Quickfix

Created 24th June 2011 @ 21:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Breath new life in to TF2?!
I didn’t realise you had all mastered Uber and Kritz :D

This is a QuickFix for you all being terribad.

!warn getgood

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from RaCio

Let’s have some one day cups and see what happens.

Would turbine be worth trying?

just do badgran :P

Last edited by Enef,

AnimaL

r u saying quickfix cannot be charged faster with weak ppl? i can swear that in two games i played with it, when building uber it feels so much faster than just healing full ppl

Skully

Quoted from Enef

IMO we need a cup that is quick fix only and FIRST TO FIVE, the race to 5 makes the game more interesting than the “Let’s get 2 or 3 rounds ahead and hope we can make it to 5 difference oh no they got a round lets sit and be defensive and hope we can last the next 15 minutes without losing more”.

it maybe going off topic, but I think ETF2L/euro TF2 needs to look at the first to 5 format in leagues and matches, and not just for one cup. Firts to 5 means its either 30 mins or max of 9 games, maybe it may keep turtling, but if teams want that 5, then it would help speed the game up

konr

Play season 10 without it and if people think it should be in season 11, so be it.

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from konr

Play season 10 without it and if people think it should be in season 11, so be it.

wanna play s10 WITH it

Dummy

Quoted from Mike

[…]

wanna play s10 WITH it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Azz-6oT08c

droso

o/

Quoted from Mike

[…]

wanna play s10 WITH it

Yeah, let’s add a weapon as important to the 6v6 gameplay as a new medigun without testing it extensively beforehand.

It sounds like a good idea…

Last edited by droso,

Vince

BiG

Quoted from Skully

[…]

it maybe going off topic, but I think ETF2L/euro TF2 needs to look at the first to 5 format in leagues and matches, and not just for one cup. Firts to 5 means its either 30 mins or max of 9 games, maybe it may keep turtling, but if teams want that 5, then it would help speed the game up

I don’t see how that changes much.

ETF2L should try to be rather quick now with cups/announcements for season 10/etc. in my eyes though.

Anyways, back on topic:
I don’t really like the quick fix that much. There is no real good way to deal with stickies. The heals might be nice and fast, but the medic is pretty vulnerable (well, he could heal a scout and run away at scout speed). Also no overheal means the players on the flank can’t get a buff. Overall, it is quite vulnerable to burst damage, like sticky traps, focus fire or kritz (or some good old 8) ). I don’t really think it’s viable if it was allowed alongside medigun/kritz.

However, it’d be interesting to see how this game plays with vanilla and medic has to run quickfix. I’m very much in favor of more one night cups or some 2-3 week tournaments or something. Preferrably quite timely :D

AnimaL

Quoted from droso

[…]

Yeah, let’s add a weapon as important to the 6v6 gameplay as a new medigun without testing it extensively beforehand.

It sounds like a good idea…

but please… as if etf2l had playtested any of those crappy maps they asked to play in last season

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Vince

[…]

I don’t see how that changes much.

First to 5 promotes faster gameplay by making it a race to reach 5 rounds rather the current set up.

Having the current set up of “difference of 5” encourages teams who are ahead to stay ahead via turtling and sitting around not doing much, waiting for ubers and playing defensively. If you switch this up and say that the “first to 5 rounds” wins then people will be more willing to play aggressively as you have no benefit to sitting and waiting out the timelimit, really.

It’s the way the americans play it and Tyrone can probably put it into words better than me but essentially the way to make games more exciting is little to do with this stupid unlock war everyone is fighting and more to do with they mentality of the EU scene and the rules set in place by the admins.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

I’m all in for using quickfix next season!

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

dabel pawst

Last edited by Retsh0ck,

Dummy

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]but please… as if etf2l had playtested any of those crappy maps they asked to play in last season

so we should continue with bad habits because people did it before
good logic of “But mom, he started it”

Quoted from Mike

ubercannon

ima chargin ma ubercannon

Adding the Quickfix to van+medlocks seems to have arguments both pro and contra; Though (most of) these are just based on a small amount of testing and theoretical discussion. I say we host a cup/multiple cups with it -asap, use it in scrims, test it extensively and discuss it properly àfterwards.
Personally I also feel like summer is long enough for us to decide wether we do or do not add it in s10. Waiting ’till s11 like someone said (Droso iirc?) won’t be necessary, imo.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »