Forum

How to capitalise on the free week?

Created 21st June 2011 @ 09:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Ritalin

[d¿s]

bump. this sounds great.

was there a post on vanilla earlier? the link 404’d for me.

ashkan

Quoted from Ritalin

bump. this sounds great.

was there a post on vanilla earlier? the link 404’d for me.

Was removed until we can add more details.

ashkan

It looks like we’re going to need more than 5 days to organize this. Also, it seemed like the potential participants couldn’t play before next week. Therefore, I asked Robin if it was fine to extend free play for the players somehow (we could have up to 48 people not owning TF2), and he said it’s fine, so we’ll probably do the match itself the weekend after this.

Keep coming with suggestions.

hykleri

are we aiming for getting players from other FPS games, or every genre? Might be able to talk with someone from hon.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from hykleri

are we aiming for getting players from other FPS games, or every genre? Might be able to talk with someone from hon.

Are there teams in HoN? Anyways, I think the only non-fps game that gets kudo’s from other scenes is SC2.

ashkan

Quoted from hykleri

The way I see it, the chance of non-FPS teams being willing to participate is smaller. Also, it is more effective to target an FPS audience, rather than a non-FPS audience, if you’re trying to show-off TF2.

dellort

Ask Bonez to make a trailer for it all.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from dellort

Ask Bonez to make a trailer for it all.

afaik huhy is making one

ashkan

Freeflow is making the poster and promo vid.

Stimpy

setup more accounts and idle. ;)

but ur idea was also good.

Last edited by Stimpy,

Stranger

2stronk

How has this been going so far?

2nuts

I’ve put up a thread about this on our team forum.
I’ll let you know if they are interested.

Last edited by 2nuts,

ashkan

Quoted from Stranger

How has this been going so far?

Have gone through a lot of the details. Robin was going to give us Premium TF2 for the players, but Free accounts are all that’s needed, so there’s no pressure or rush on that front. We’ve been discussing what format to use for the cup, how many teams to have, how to involve Valve and sponsors etc. Just need to finish those discussions, contact potential sponsors and Valve, and have someone take care of getting the teams and prem medic mentors.

That’s some of it.

Ripple

advertising with messages on our publicserver for etf2l and competitive tf2. if there’s any specific link to something new players should see, i could add a message with it to our ad-list.

Last edited by Ripple,

atmo

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Have gone through a lot of the details. Robin was going to give us Premium TF2 for the players, but Free accounts are all that’s needed, so there’s no pressure or rush on that front. We’ve been discussing what format to use for the cup, how many teams to have, how to involve Valve and sponsors etc. Just need to finish those discussions, contact potential sponsors and Valve, and have someone take care of getting the teams and prem medic mentors.

That’s some of it.

Good luck! It would be nice to see Valve officially involved with some kind of competitive event, even if it is a newcomers’ one.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »