Forum

Massive F*cking Update (15/4/11)

Created 15th April 2011 @ 02:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

byte

Reason alot of people are getting random crashes or when a certain part is over done, over and over again is because there is a leak in data being lost (memory), and the garbage collector is eventually overflowing (in the memory).

Hence sometimes when you restart your pc it fixes the problem temporarily because your memory is reset. Alot of these problems will no doubt be fixed shortly.

Cheers

Byte

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Just f(all of)yi, I joined a server last night and crashed on choosing a class….4 times in a row. Re-starting steam fixed it…

Who knows what wonders I can look forward to tonight!

AnimaL

the chain crash is the best

Sketch

MM

Ok sooo now we know why a separate beta is bad. Only pub players have the time to actually playtest it. And comp players are too busy in pcw’s to care :p

Hofven

why does valve keep destroying tf2 with their updates lol, they are loosing a lot of players. Cant they just wait until they checked that the whole update is perfect before they release it.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

Could’ve been worse they could’ve released it during i42

jynxed

AnimaL

Quoted from Hofven

why does valve keep destroying tf2 with their updates lol, they are loosing a lot of players. Cant they just wait until they checked that the whole update is perfect before they release it.

why would they care

dota 2 incoming, lots and lots of players gonna come back even if they hate valve

gabe (or maybe robin?) has long time ago announced, that tf2 is more like testing platform where they see how players react of the incredibly weird things they come up with

Last edited by AnimaL,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]why would they care

dota 2 incoming, lots and lots of players gonna come back even if they hate valve

will there be hats in dota 2?

Edd

T2P

im gagging for DOTA2

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Quoted from Edd

im gagging for DOTA2

+ 1

M24_

Quoted from Hofven

how does valve lose alot players? do people quit this game forever when a broken update is released?

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Edd

im gagging on Dat Cock

Last edited by Waebi,

Wabbeh

Quoted from Hofven

On the contrary, the new shitty unlocks just mean that people are more likely to say ‘fuck this shit, I want to play without these shitty unlocks’ ie comp.

AnimaL

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

On the contrary, the new shitty unlocks just mean that people are more likely to say ‘fuck this shit, I want to play without these shitty unlocks’ ie comp.

lol, as if comp scene would play vanilla in..anywhere else but ESL

they just quit the game, its a fact… i know oh so many pubbers from latvian gaming community that leave tf2 only bcs of these updates that not only brake game but introduce shitty unlocks which simply aint fun to play against…

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Seems that they are throwing an update out to fix some issues:

Team Fortress 2
Fixed a server crash that could occur if TFBots were used across map changes
Fixed a client crash caused by weapons with attached models
Fixed a material system crash
Fixed a client crash with dynamic model loading
Fixed a few backpack images not drawing correctly
Fixed listen servers sometimes not authenticating with Steam (not being able to use Offline Practice)
Fixed the “itemtest” command
Fixed players not being able to access their backpack loadout
Updated the localization files

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »