Forum

Massive F*cking Update (15/4/11)

Created 15th April 2011 @ 02:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

Waebi

‹Con›

for everyone who gets crashes when starting it, delete all HUD files etc and restart
edit again: loving people crying over crashes when the first thing i usually read when i get online are the changelogs and *this* exact topic – common sense prevails.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5305/

edit: some “highlights”, though I suggest you read all of the log:

– voting system: what

– dynamic model loading to improve performance: yay?!!??

– Added a new convar “hud_combattext_healing” to display the amount of healing done per second: most medics “feel” this anyway, so it might just be a small help really

– Updated voice to use the Steam voice codec to improve quality: HIGHER QUALITY SOUND SPAM WOOP

– Fixed not being able to see the correct colors for painted hats when running with DX8: should make some ppl happy :)

– Improved the Medic overheal effect so it’s more noticeable: right.

– Updated the Googly Gazer to be paintable: RED EYED PYROS (see what I did thur?)

– Vitasaw – Added the ability to see enemy health: damn this’d be nice, but together with the “keep uber” this is massively OP.

– Backburner – Removed the restriction on airblast – Ammo cost increased 150% (4 blasts at full ammo) – Damage bonus reduced to 10% (from 15%)

– Added tf_bot_melee_only cvar. If set to 1, all TFBots will be restricted to only using their melee weapon: rofl.

Last edited by Waebi,

M24_

new combattext changes

equalizer nerf!!!

coloured hats dx8

bunch of weapons got changed

Ramown

TIDS

Improved the Medic overheal effect so it’s more noticeable = Finally.
dynamic model loading to improve performance = More FPS?

It’s the first Hatless Update in a while! :D

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Probably need to reinstall one’s hud, maybe even an update for the new combat text(s).

Also http://www.teamfortress.com/hatless/

My TF2 is crashing now on startup after I reinstalled BroeselHUD v1.60. Don’t know if it is related, but thought I’d mention it

EDIT: I think it really is the HUD. TF2 starts up fine again after removing the BroeselHUD

Last edited by The Lord's Prayer,

Waebi

‹Con›

need to reinstall every hud pretty much, update overwrote files.

edit: also loads of hosters complaining about their servers not starting (DODS mostly, some CSS, will be interesting to see the TF2 problems if there are any)

Last edited by Waebi,

M24_

the googly gazer is for engi btw

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Googly_Gazer

AnimaL

anyones hud working? even after reinstall, can confirm pvhud and more’ isnt

Waebi

‹Con›

overwrote install with pvhud and it crashed, so gg. remove all files for now.

N/A

RaWr ::

who cares?

Bury.

internecine

My opinion on a few things:

Added a new system to associate dedicated servers with Steam accounts.
Bit of a bizarre feature to introduce but can’t say I understand it fully. Does it mean this acts as an administration point of view, if so, isn’t this open to more invite spams to random groups?

Added a new system for coaching players.
Interesting! will give this a good look over, hopefully when it gets developed to its full potential it could become extremely powerful for the scene, nice!

Added a new convar “hud_combattext_healing” to display the amount of healing done per second.
Good thing to look at mid roll outs in particular on the medics point of view, but I imagine most medics that have been playing the game long enough know how to distribute their heals at appropriate levels.

Starting position of values is now affected by range to target, making it easier to see numbers when next to targets.
This means that if you’re shooting at something long range you basically can’t see the damage meter? But are blind by the number close up?

Duel badges now only show the number of wins a player has.
‘will lose duels for scrap’ guys have benefited IMMENSELY here

Added new “Sort by Rarity” option for sorting backpack items.
Valve officially sailing the boat out here, sorry guys.

Added “styles” for the Ghastlier Gibus, Scotsman’s Stove Pipe, Treasure Hat, Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect, and the Googly Gazer.
Purple dot dresses?

Vitasaw -Added the ability to see enemy health
Add that shit to the bonesaw or something, make it an actual ‘alternative’

Equalizer – Tuned high-end damage range so it’s no longer possible to one-shot certain classes.
It’s a start, but the premise of the item is still extremely flawed and inexcusably retarded in competitive game play, shooting some fucker to low health shouldn’t mean he can escape… it should mean he dies, that’s what an FPS is.

Yes.

IPZIE

SUAVE

i could start a Equalizer – Thread now.

Rotab

≧◡≦

bawwww baww bawwwwb awww

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from IPZIE

i could start a Equalizer – Thread now.

Do it

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

my pldx is getting error from hell and can’t view old demos “vanilla” style.

Anyone having similair problems?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »