Forum

ETF2L Public Server! - Suggestions on Settings.

Created 8th April 2011 @ 12:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Biohazard

IDK

Etf2l maps please, no highlander maps (badwater etc). Some class limits (2 hvy, 2 demo 2 engie, 2 med 2 sniper, 2 pyro).

tf_flag_caps_per_round “3” // CTF setting
mp_timelimit “40” // Map change time limit
mp_maxrounds “10” // Rounds before map change

timelimit and maxrounds can be made so its different depending on a map

fb_respawner_minplayers “8” – no respawn time untill 8 players on the server – add me and ill hook you up with plugin if your google doesnt work

no rtv, no nominate crap, ban list with steam ids of players currently banned

// Get rid of gayness
tf_weapon_criticals 0
tf_ctf_bonus_time 0

baerbel

trick17
trick17

badlands and granary are the worst pub maps ((
badwater dustbowl goldrush for the win!

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

A pub server without dusty and badwater is no pub server worth visiting.

ashkan

I don’t really see the point of playing 6v6 maps on a (assumingly) 24-man server. Most of those maps aren’t fun with that number of players. Highlander maps, however, would be great.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Monkeh

ETF2L Whitelist?
FF on map start/round end is always a blast
ETF2L Map pool plus as few extra as possible…BUT DUSTY PLOX!!

Quoted from dave

2. prevent players from choosing which team they want to play in (prevent stacking) and just autoscramble (nice feature for this: scramble based on player division or sth like that (if you don’t know how, i’ve done sth very similiar for another public community and i am willing to share).
3. also i’m not sure if i understood you right: you don’t want to limit access to etf2l registered people only? wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose? sure, it will be easier to get the server to have some players on, but then it’s just like every other server, but with an etf2l sticker on it.
6. stick to the etf2l settings where possible.

Quoted from Manu

comp. maps…

no dustbowl/badwater etc. etc. please…

server will be foreveralone.jpg

btw pls turn crits on….
public without “omfg-random-crit-killed-4-ppl-with-one-rocket” aren’t funny

Last edited by Dr-GimpfeN,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

No class limits please. I know 6 spies on a team kinda ruins the experience, but I’ve had the most fun on pubs where the entire team decided to go 1 class (like 12 pyro’s hiding in the same spot, there must be a youtube vid of that). Also fun to see 12 pyro strat countered by 12 hwgs :P.

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from ashkan

– 24 man
– Only popular maps, excluding maps that are hated by a lot of people, such as 2fort and Dustbowl.
– Including custom 6v6 league maps (such as gullywash, bazillion and obscure) could make the maps more well-known and help the players get used to them, but might not be suitable for a 24-man format.
– Psychostats, like this: http://tf2.lokalen.nu/stats/total/
– Keep the in-game server messages to a minimum.
– Limit Engineer, Sniper and Spy.
– Nominate, rock the vote, scramble.
– Autoscramble?
– No random crits. Maybe no weapon/damage spread either.
– Ban hated weapons, such as the Fists of Steel and Ullapool Caber.

+

Skyride

DUCS

Last edited by Skyride,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Koeitje

No class limits please. I know 6 spies on a team kinda ruins the experience, but I’ve had the most fun on pubs where the entire team decided to go 1 class (like 12 pyro’s hiding in the same spot, there must be a youtube vid of that). Also fun to see 12 pyro strat countered by 12 hwgs :P.

Ye that is fun the 0.1% of the time the server is populated that happens. The other 99.9% of the time it’s just annoying.

Quoted from ashkan

I don’t really see the point of playing 6v6 maps on a (assumingly) 24-man server. Most of those maps aren’t fun with that number of players. Highlander maps, however, would be great.

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

btw pls turn crits on….
public without “omfg-random-crit-killed-4-ppl-with-one-rocket” aren’t funny

You’re forgetting the demographic this server is supposed to cater to. There’s a million and one other generic pub servers already about, this is supposed to be something a little different.

Last edited by Skyride,

Waebi

‹Con›

Lowered respawn times

Tikcus

mp_respawnwavetime 10.0
tf_arena_first_blood 0
tf_teamtalk 1
tf_damage_disablespread 1
tf_weapon_criticals 0
tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1
tf_ctf_bonus_time 0

Class limits

12 or less players class limit 2

13 – 24 class limit 2 on support + demo + Heavy

Ritalin

[d¿s]

this all sounds good. nice one Tapley

Quoted from Manu

comp. maps…

no dustbowl/badwater etc. etc. please…

dustbowl and badwater are comp maps :/

Last edited by Ritalin,

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]but its etf2l

True. I’m getting tired of getting equalizers in my butt though.

Quoted from Koeitje

True story. On the other hand, I’m not sure how much fun a public is with a couple of reasonably skilled snipers on the other team is. And with a couple I mean n>0.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

You NEED a prop hunt map too or even tf2ware

flushy

P.O.P

badwater + goldrush

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »