Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from nvc

This topic is now about removing boomeh’s ban

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Swarlz

I’m not getting at them for not giving evidence I’m simply saying the evidence they have is not substantial or indeed evidence at all. Even after the figures you have pulled out skyride it still gives the chance that they were not account sharing at all – it’s just not enough for a ban in my opinion however obviously other people see it differently.

Yeah you’re right.

Also give me a PM on steam. I’ve got a lottery ticket sitting here that I’ve got a great feeling about on Wednesday.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Skyride

[…]
Assuming Chris is wrong about them using XFF (which looking into it seems the case to me), There is still just a 1:135,000 chance of Forza just getting Alesline’s old IP the normal way. However for that to happen, it would mean Alesline would have to have to restarted his router at some point during those 2 days, and Forza to have also restarted his not long after that. Think how often most people actually restart their router?

The router at my home is on a timer to shut down at night (saves power and… euh… prevents me from staying up all night). I manually reset the router when downloading from certain websites to bypass limitations.

So yes, the router here at home is at least restarted every day. Sometimes more.

Last edited by Casual,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Hey guys, what’s that witch doing over there!?!

xzr

mm kebab

Bonkers

wonder if the admins will do a vote on the unban boomeh subject, from what i have seen he’s a great player without hax, so why not?

IPZIE

SUAVE

punishment?

Spira

Yes unban someone because a bunch of circle jerkers, say he’s a nice guy.

Jude

notdoggo

Quoted from Spira

Yes unban someone because a bunch of circle jerkers, say he’s a nice guy.

thats not really the argument this thread has put across, is it?

Skyride

DUCS

CLOUD’S MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

demsii

EPA

Seeing you’re spilling your beans here Forza, I guess I might just have to jump in into this little e-drama (I have a thing for e-drama after all). And because there’s lotsa bs in your post, let me clear the sky a bit.. I tried being a nice guy and keeping it for myself and if anyone asked why I removed you from the team I kept the details to a minimum, but I guess I don’t have to now :)

309 days ago, I was tired of searching for a new team after I left
Procella and that evening, demourge (whom I’ve had an argument with on
IRC about some cursing) added me to his friendlist on steam. I saw
this as a sign because I was worried about not being able to find
another team and considering quitting TF2. As you can guess, he
offered me a trial to join Px and after a 3-day trial, I was in Px.

Yep, I did indeed once mention a swear word in your language as a joke and to this date you are still the only person that banned me for a joke.

When the season started, our first match was against Eternity. To be
sincerely honest, losing did not surprise me at all because Eternity
was not only better than us but also there were some ex-cheaters
amongst them if you understand what I mean. Of course Demourge, who
was flamed on the match link, was not comfortable with the situation.

If you have played with me for such a long period you should know that comments on matchpages, flames on forum, flames ingame do not bother me at all. The only thing that ever happens is that I might comment back (if at all).

When we were training before our second match, Demourge said he needed
some personal time in real life and added we may be better off without
him so we continued to play without demourge. Our soldiers were
Mönkiainen and Jorman. We beat couple of strong teams in our training
process. I and hykleri agreed on the team was better off without
demourge. On the match day, Jorman wasn’t online and Mönkiainen had
problems with his internet. We lost in the first map (6-4) because of
simple mistakes and in the second map our lovely merc bm didn’t even
know that was an official match. None of these mattered though because
demourge said so. You can guess how we played the second map and what
we were thinking. I -again- shared my thoughts about this game with
rague. Later on, a friend said that demourge thought the reason why
we’ve lost was entirely different. According to him, I wasn’t playing
like I used to. Considering the summer season, I can understand why he
thought so but I can’t understand how he expected any good results
when the opposite teams were playing with lots of tactical variations
and we weren’t.

When I say “Don’t worry about it” I mean “Don’t stand still too much on a round lost or a map lost, focus on the next map” .. I don’t mean don’t care about the entire match at all. I think that would be quite obvious, but I guess it’s one of the other things I have to point out. We didn’t lose those matches because of “tactical variations”, we lost because of the inability and inexperience of a certain someone that has to deal the most damage in the game. Do I expect the demo to topscore every match? No. Do I expect him to have the most frags every game? No. But I do expect him to use his brain and do his part.

These thoughts of demourge made me unpatient for the next match
(against UV). During warm up, demourge who was waiting to watch the
game, came in the last moment and asked to play demoman for one map.
As a demoman playing in division 1, you can all guess how humiliating
it was for me. Of course I did not accept. Our second captain Jorman
supported me on this one and demourge had to leave the server. We lost
against UV due to couple of mistakes. Hat, who is a friend of mine,
commented about my performance after the game and said I played good
enough to win the game. Of course I was talking to rague about these
comments because demourge, our beloved captain, chose not to talk to
me about the problems we had, instead he chose to change his nickname
on steam to give me a message. He wasn’t impressed with my performance
in UV game, at least his nickname was saying so.

I took a “break” to spec the team to see where we were going wrong. And if you get a “16” points during a 30 mins map before an official, yes, I am indeed worried. And yes I do indeed think it would be better if someone else would play. So yes, I did indeed, diplomaticly, asked if you would mind if someone else played 1 map (as I feel it wouldn’t be hard to get more than 16 points during 30 mins). And seeing you had played every game up to that date and that I had NEVER asked you to sit one out, I didn’t feel it was a problem. Seeing you made a huuuuuge fucking problem out of it I mentioned to you that this isn’t a fucking democracy and if it was needed I could just place someone else on “your” spot but I’d let you play to “keep the peace” and left ts3 with those words to see how you would do then.

Later on, he said that it was ok to fold, and it would be even better
to make a decent new team. Strangely enough, it was only me who has
heard this. Demourge was in a double mix one night with me and after
the game, I said to Return that he needed to be careful otherwise he
could also get his share of demourge’s rage. He asked demourge what it
was about. The next week the only comment I got was “Are you mad
because I’m mean?” Of course again, I shared it with rague.

I will tell you once again, I never, ever, mentioned it was okay to fold. I am nearing almost 2 years now with this clan, do you really, REALLY think I would say it would be okay to “fold” just because a certain someone is being difficult / causing internal problems / talking shit behind my back? No, I would remove the problem from the team and thus I have. And I shall quote what you said (cuz I knew this was coming and saved it to a big nice text file)

MTF.px Forza: gl with rage and stuff
return: rage xD?
MTF.px Forza: demorge is not playing with you ?

Now only because we had a fallout this is not only slandering my name (which sure, I don’t care too much about), it’s also embarrassing the entire team with internal “problems” by involving people from dmixes and people that have nothing to do with us at all, just because your ego got hurt. Next to that it is not only a really, really sad thing to do, it’s also immature as fuck. And we both knew you kinda had a problem with that already when Jorman accidently once sent you a wrong demo for a team movie and you went crazy about it and left the team over it because you felt he did it on purpose to waste your time, no? And MAYBE, just maybe, it was my own fault for letting you back in, because I believe everyone can make a stupid mistake, but after this I really wish I had never allowed you back on.

Yes, I do indeed think you were underperforming, when you trialled for us you got like 40 kills a map, after a period of constant decreasing performance you got like max 20 a map. Wether this is from inexperience or you just getting too nervous for games, I don’t know. But seeing I knew how you could play I had waited very patiently, for like 4 months, for you to regain your form.. I guess you don’t remember the countless times I’ve said to “not worry about it” and the “I’m sure it’ll go better next time”?
So yes, if I have to call my stuff ingame, be the main caller and also have to constantly tell you where to spam, when to jump and when not to, it causes frustration. And you telling me afterwards you would not push in if you wouldn’t get all of the über did not help in your favor. So I indeed cut you from the team and got a replacement which suits us better and I think the results speak for itself .. and all we did was replace the demo, so lets take a guess where the problem was .. (And no, it’s not all about the frags obviously, but also about teamplay)

As for you being banned in this thing, I had indeed heard about you playing on someone else’s account after vier specificly said you were not allowed. Someone might’ve made a mention about it (it doesn’t matter who really) and when I was talking to certain people after seeing the screenshots (we both know Alesline plays soldier and is not exactly great at demo) I might’ve made a mention about it .. Which caused them to investigate and gather evidence about it. And guess what, turned out you played on his account! .. Now take the season ban like a man and admit you were wrong by doing so, you’re in your 20’s for fucks sakes, grow up.

edit; yes, longest post in etf2l history.

Last edited by demsii,

kaidus

WiK?

This thread is now about demourge’s pulling method. Discuss.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Hold up guys, serious hardcore stats inc. Just waiting on a final stat and checking some technical details.

WALL-O-TEXT AHOY

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

Quoted from .

309 days ago

309 days of TF2?

Last edited by Arcadizz1e,

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Alright, so the two people are both in a pool of 131,000 IP addresses (exact stat from Skyride, thanks!)

Let’s make the assumption that 10% of those IPs are not in use at any one point in time, and available for someone to swap onto.
This gives us a pool of 13,100 IPs for people to draw from

In this post, Person 1 is the owner of the account, and Person 2 is the one claimed to have been using it when they did not own it.

Essentially you’re looking for the likelihood of Person 1 having his IP change to the same value as that of Person 2

If only one of the players is resetting their router/modem/whatever or having their IP updated, this is impossible. The other IP is still assigned to the other person, so cannot be claimed by the one doing the resets.

If BOTH players are having their IP update, you have a likelihood of:
1/13100^2 = 5.82716625 × 10-9
This is the same as a 5.82716625 × 10-7 percentage
In other words, a miniscule probability.

Furthermore, let’s say Person 1 had indeed not been account sharing and his IP simply changed.

Did it stay at the changed value? Or did it change back to the original value? Or did it change to a different value afterwards?

I don’t have this information, I would hope that the admins do, but for the sake of future argument, let’s assume it changed back to the original value, something that would point towards account sharing for obvious reasons.

For this to occur while the account HAD NOT been shared, we need the likelihood of Person 2 NOT having their IP change to the same value that Person 1 originally had, after the first IP reset.

This requires the assumption that after the first IP reset, Person 2 resets their IP again between Person 1 taking their old IP, and the match starting, AND that Person 1’s original IP is not taken up by somebody outside of the example. These assumptions are for obvious reasons, highly likely to be wrong, meaning the probability of Person 2 NOT having their IP change to the same value that Person 1 originally had will be almost 1.

Nonetheless, this probability is 1 – (1 – (1/13100))*((1/13100^2)^2)

This is so close to 1 not even google would give me a decimal answer. It may as well be 1.
This means all further probabilities listed will be multiplied by 1… so they don’t change!

We then need the probability of Person 1 having their IP change back to the original value.
This first of all requires the assumption that their IP was not taken up by someone else, which is again MASSIVELY improbable. Meaning the probability of this happening when Persons 1 and 2 had not been account sharing is almost 0.

However, let’s say the IP they had used originally is still free, for the sake of the example.

The probability of them getting it back is again 1/13100 = 7.63358779 × 10-5
As you can see, hugely unlikely.

We also need the probability that Person 1s IP is renewed automatically to any of the values that imply account sharing (if they were renewed automatically to such IPs, obviously no account sharing had taken place). Though to be perfectly honest I don’t care enough to think about finding that, and it would be fucking miniscule anyway. Think about it. 131000 people, ish, renewing their IP, and the probability of one specific person getting the same as a specific individual had before the renewal? Probability of that is almost non existent. If anything it means the final probability below is just even smaller!

We multiply this by the previous probabilities to get our final probability, which is essentially the probability that account sharing had not been going on:
(1/13100)*1*(1/13100^2) = 4.44821851 × 10-13
Or 4.44821851 × 10-11 Percent.
That’s less than 100 MillionTH of a percent.

As such, it seems perfectly reasonable to say that the players had indeed been account sharing, as the probability in this case of them NOT having been account sharing is TINY!

I apologise in advance for any technical inaccuracy I did not factor in or simply have wrong. If there are any.

Oh, and just to point out my neutrality, I don’t know, have never spoken to, or played with, any of the players involved in this specific ban.

I’m just doing this so everyone can see that the admins are in all likelihood correct. If they are in fact, genuinely wrong, I’m sorry for you.

Last edited by Cloud,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »