this is x’ IP: 123.123.123.123
this is y’s IP: 123.123.123.123
do you know more now? bet you dont.

Last edited by Waebi,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

No they’re not exact sciences at all there is no such thing – but at least they offer evidence unlike this situation.

You want me to dump the entire IP database because you don’t believe me when I say their IP’s match?

bpf

rockit

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6244/1265050835003gif.gif

Sunbather

maksa

impossible is nothing

Swarlz

Quoted from RaCio

[…]
You want me to dump the entire IP database because you don’t believe me when I say their IP’s match?

You can if you want but it would prove nothing.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from RaCio

After all, bullet-lead analysis, fingerprint evidence, and dna profiling profiles are black and white science like in all the movies right? right?

Oh wait, evidence isn’t a cool plot device in real life.

+1

What you have to understand is that Chris is playing a – somewhat persistent – devils advocate. I doubt he really believes Forza is innocent, but personally I’m going to go see if I can pull some actual numbers just to give you all some food for though.

RaCio

GoT²

Yeah, I was mostly arguing against the thought that evidence is something without context :)

Vaskie

BulletClub

Quoted from d2m

free forza!

I see what you did there, and i gotta admit it’s absolutely AWESOME ! Props

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from RaCio

Yeah, I was mostly arguing against the thought that evidence is something without context :)

Ye I knew you got that, just pointing it out for other people who were kind of missing the point. :P

Ok, here’s some numbers for you whiners.

Forza and Alesline both have their internet from the same root provider (yes Alesine, Turksat are just re-selling Turknet under a different name). Turknet owns about 135,000 IP’s (excluding ones marked as being for their own equipment). This means there is roughly a 1 in 135,000 chance of 2 people both having the same IP when they load a web page. There’s no point going “but what about it happening within 2 days of being accused of this!”, because that doesn’t affect the numbers at all, you’re looking at it the wrong way if you do that. :P

HOWEVER, what does it make it less likely is this:

They’re comparing an IP Forza used to login to ETF2L 2 days before the match, to the one Alesline’s account used to join the server. This doesn’t make any sense with what Chris is claiming about XFF. Assuming Chris is right about them using XFF, Alesline would have to be sharing an IP with his ISP’s proxy server which is a setup that no half sensible tech in the world would ever do in the first place.

Assuming Chris is wrong about them using XFF (which looking into it seems the case to me), There is still just a 1:135,000 chance of Forza just getting Alesline’s old IP the normal way. However for that to happen, it would mean Alesline would have to have to restarted his router at some point during those 2 days, and Forza to have also restarted his not long after that. Think how often most people actually restart their router?

I don’t really have an opinion of Forza or Alesline as people, never actually spoke to either of them so it doesn’t fuss me if any of them get banned. It’s just the ETF2L AC team usually get a shit ton of abuse every time there is a ban and aside from the odd occasions where bad calls are made, they are genuinely just trying to help and the “not giving out evidence” thing is genuinely important and necessary.

If you still think they’re innocent, fine, but I’m just pointing out how ridiculously unlikely that is the case.

Last edited by Skyride,

nvc

This topic is now about removing boomeh’s ban

wOlliee

Quoted from nvc

This topic is now about removing boomeh’s ban

+1

stvv

WUL

Quoted from wOlliee

[…]
+1

+1

Martn

Amen, nvc, amen.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

So… boomeh nice guy and all, free boomeh!!1!1

Swarlz

I’m not getting at them for not giving evidence I’m simply saying the evidence they have is not substantial or indeed evidence at all. Even after the figures you have pulled out skyride it still gives the chance that they were not account sharing at all – it’s just not enough for a ban in my opinion however obviously other people see it differently.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »