Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 41 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Played my first TFTrue game last night.
Something strange going on with crouch rocket jumping like at roundstart.
Crouching and firing at the ground doesn’t give any propulsion, just pain :(
Something to do with the solder self damage variable?
Need a lot more rockets for building charge too :D

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Ye just tested this out.
The tftrue_soldier_selfdamage variable doesn’t just lower the self damage it also lowers the propulsion you get from “ground jumping”.
If set to zero you don’t move at all!
If you are in the air everything is as normal, so rocket jumps and wall jumps are working normally.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

didnt like it yesterday, wont like it tomorrow

wotr2 page takeover

cubeth

rda

stfu numlocked you’re joining tcm and wotr2 is for the plugin!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Ex-wotr2 take over :D.

From what i’ve seen at the end of the day.

Demo’s hate this as it makes their job harder/different and it will force them to play differently and im sure their all comfortable playing the way they are ;)
Soldiers and scouts like this as they can now avoid dieing as much in sticky traps and perhaps the games will be more flowing?

Either way not everyone is going to like it one way or the other.

The comments about people stopping playing due to random damage going is a bit stupid as i really doubt most people will really care/notice.

But like people have commented, a 1 demo limit solves the problem, which it probably does.

What i do like tho is the possibility of me not dieing if i run head on to a scout and rocket him but i take tons of damage :p

Played a couple of matches in the tftrue cup last night, and i thought it was pretty good

AnAkkk

You are right Admirable. It seems that VALVe also changed the “damage propulsion force” to match their new value of self damage when they removed the 40% reduction, so nobody noticed a difference with it. Anyway there is a hidden cvar that valve made especially for it, so it should give the right propulsion force in the next version.

But except if the coder does something to automatically change the “damage propulsion force” each time you change the value (which would be useless if you read the following), we could only make tftrue_soldier_selfdamage be 0 or 1. Turning it on would make it be -20% reduction or -40%, depending of what seem to be the best.

J3

about the fov and other changes, I dont think we should go into such things already, I rather have this plugin implemented 1st and then admins can approve other changes.
There is no point in keeping adding features if nobody will use it on a true competition.

great work keep going…

J3

double post.. –‘

nvc

things to add:

80-120 fov
colour crosshairs: red, white, blue, green, yellow, aqua
static spread

ONlock

YOYO\'

Would it be hard to add a possibility to make the crosshairs smaller/bigger?

It’s pretty weird playing in 800×600. The crosshair is so big it’s sometimes a bit hard focusing on your target.

AnAkkk

We’ll see for other options later, first we are fixing the current things.
Many people say that the scout scattergun damage is too much, so I think we’ll tweak it soon. :)

marrr

no it’s not. just remove random spread to make it more predictable. like 10 bullets. 10 hp per bullet . or something like that…

AnAkkk

Please stop talking about changing weapons spread, as I said over 10 times now, changing weapon spread would cause problems, it can’t really be changed like you think.

The only way would be to reduce the scattergun damage.

Rele

If you reduce Scattergun damage, you have to reduce other weapons damage as well. Fairness first tbh :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 41 Next »