Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 41 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

excellent that soldier nerf from valve was a total joke

Will the soldier still take the same amount of damage from rocketjumping?

AnAkkk

“NOTE: This doesn’t affect rocket jumps !”

This is in the readme :P

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

how can it make difference between self damange, and self damge for rocket jump ?

AnAkkk

It can. Everything is possible :) Just test it. Set tftrue_soldier_selfdamage to 0. You don’t take any damage when you shoot at your feet. Then try the same rocket jumping, it’ll just work as normal.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

The problem with that soldier nerf is to get out the spawn, a lot of players just hold crouch and fire at the floor to get the perfect height and angle. Each of these rockets hit you for like 90 damage. The worst nerf was the self damage added to soldiers and demomen when hitting an enemy at point blank range.

cubeth

rda

another reason to implement this plugin, gj

AnAkkk

There seem to be an issue with tftrue_soldier_selfdamage on Linux Servers (seem to not be working), I’ll try to get it fixed shortly.

Arnold

DAKKA

i’m not girly dunc.
i could say the same for those feetshooting soldiers.
or those pipe-spamming demo’s
or those backpeddling, syringe spamming(dildo-eating) medics.

this game is just made for girls.

AnAkkk

Also some linux server seem to be crashing when someone connects (related to soldier self damage), so you’ll need to use 2.1 for now:

http://superuploader.net/7318e6271951-TFTrue-2-1-rar.html

marrr

i still request fov and mat_fullbright. thx.

Mike

SF

Higher FOV and rockets coming from the centre of the screen would be great.

Rele

“rockets coming from the centre of the screen”

I dont think this would be possible physically. Its implemented in the game.
Visually Im sure you can change it, but that would just be crap.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Tbh

I’m not to sure removing random damage completely is a good idea. I’ve tried TFTrue and sure my opinion is there is not SUCH a big change. I mean in fairness no pubber is going to notice any difference so stop using that arguement.

Still I do agree random damage does add a factor which ends stalemates and such. It also effects the game so you don’t get exactly the same outcome every time when spamming points ect.

My fix for this:

>>>>> HOW ABOUT A LOWER RANGE OF RANDOM DAMAGE <<<<<

I mean like currently you can have anywhere from 30-80 range in damage.
I feel like a better range would be like 15-45 or something.
It would make hitting nearer the average more consistent thus eliminating the chance of getting those “one-shots” but yet would mean spamming points and the effectiveness of stickies would still be jsut as good.

Ofc you’d have to test the ranges for each weapon ect.ect.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Oh and I think making the plugin “too competetive” will discourage pubbers. I.e. fov changes, fullbright models.

Altho a change in crosshair colour + a range of different choosable crosshairs would be cool…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 41 Next »