Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 41 Next »

marrr

sorry Anakin for not reading all 17 pages, but i don’t think that scout gun is overpowered…

AnAkkk

Well, I don’t know, but about 90% of people who tested it in pickups and the TFTrue cup told me that the scout is op now, because you can 2 shot all the time at mid range.

J3

anakin now I didnt understood that one… so far we are not suposed to nerf the overpowered demo, but u r gonna make a possible nerf to the scout, which has spread damage associated. wtf? scout not overpowered so far so dont think that’s a good idea.

edit: ofc u cant 2shot all the time. with the spread u end dealing maybe half the damage at mid range. and long range is like shoting with the secondary.

dunc

infs
dp.

Haza and I tried the damages earlier, scattergun was doing 50 damage consistently from mid range, normal shotguns (sol etc) were doing 60 from the same distance.

I duelled tumpel after and out of about 50 kills only one seemed a bit suspect with regards to high damage midrange shots.

Personally I think these “overpowered meatshots” are bs :)

piece

The thing that annoys people at mid range is that scouts dmg is always the same now. So if you miss your shots vs a scout in midrange u die much quicker now.
In close range its 2 shots and ur dead. Always now and no luck involved that the scout got randomly less dmg so he needed a 3rd shot.

Now the thing is, how many shots do you want for a scout to take out a class in close range/mid range and pistol range?

I like the demo nerf myself. They still score pretty well but i think the rambo demos flying in and killing everything with 3 stickies are gone now. They have to play the game more from the back now.
Dunno, maybe im wrong, just my impression. I like it so far.

J3

why is that overpowered? 50-60 is normal… a meatshot does much more than that, and even so a demo or a medic can survive to 2 mid shots.
the only class that still is killed with 2mid shots is the scout but well those r the same conditions for both ‘-.-
dont see any point in nerfing that, if we are gonna reduce the damage dealt by a scout we had to dot it for every class other wise would be unbalanced…
when there r so many ppl crying for a nerf on a demo that has no sense ffs.

there are always situations where the tftrue as it is makes the gameplay a little diferent but thats only for good in my pov.
So far I only supported “no random damage” and that’s because random to me as it was is equal to “soft and invisble crit system”.

I may dont even feel that I was unfairly killed but I want to be certain that no random damage variation was the reason for my “epic fail”. the same for when I do a massive kill, so I can tell that was SKILL. Play the game for gameplay…

Akasazh

THG
HL

Just read on gotfrag cevo is using the plugin for S3

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/383889/

Predz

[DA]
[DA]

mod sucks mega balls.
I’d rather get 1 shot by a demo than use it.
That is all

Rele

Can you increase the time it takes for a sticky after being fired to let it explode?

Im fkin tired of demoman that lock me in my movement and dont even have to aim their fkin stickies cause of splash damage while I have to hit him exactly. And while I do like 50dmg from mid range maximum when I hit full, he does like 100dmg with a single sticky that is lying 1-2m from me. Is that fair? I dont think so…

Sticky Launcher is tbh the only overpowered thing of the demoman. But hell, its way too overpowered.

aves

awesome mod
love it

toasty.

PHX

I think heavies should be able to double jump and pyros have an invisibility cloak.

Riemu

element //

Jaeger_

Where is the source code for this TFTrue Pro Mod? It might be just fine or it might be buggy as all hell. Either way I don’t think we should use this unless its code is peer reviewed

So I finally tried this thing and either it still has random damage or it has random spread which might as well be the same thing.

I turned off random damage turned spawned a soldier bot backed into the wall turned on mimic and had the bot shoot me with the shotgun by binding +attack to enter. The damage the bot did to me varied drastically. Here are a few samples.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/711/dmhardcore0001in1.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2456/dmhardcore0002bz7.jpg
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6596/dmhardcore0003mk6.jpg

—-

taken from gotfrag:

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/383889/

Moose

[MIPC]

Let’s use TFTrue on Season 4. k thx bye.

dunc

infs
dp.

It should be taken to a vote.. but it’s difficult to do. An open vote on ETF2L would result in probably 90% of the voters having never played TFTrue and simply deciding they do or don’t like it for whatever reason. An invite vote with only certain clans or divisions would enrage those not invited..

Personally I think another two or three one-night TFTrue cups should be run. Any clan that has played in the TFTrue cups should be allowed to vote – if you can’t be arsed to enter the cups, you forfeit your right to voting. Possibly do a TFTrue cup for the lower divisions only too so they can get some balanced games to see how they enjoy it.

I’m starting to like the TFTrue mod more and more. The only negative I can see in its usage is implementation/maintenance. I personally believe, as Riemu pointed out, that the source code must be made accessible to competent coders within ETF2L. For the reasons of keeping script kiddies at bay I wouldn’t make it openly available. The mod would be significantly improved if the support/debugging infrastructure was larger and more transparent.

skre

Kvakkistansen

well said, master dunc!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 41 Next »