Forum

Recent Patch Bugs (157 nade) Fragga

Created 17th December 2008 @ 09:57

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Evil

Surely a game based on aim, is better than one based on random luck.

AnAkkk

@Sturmis : It is a hidden developer CVar which is tf_debug_damage, so the only way to modify his value is to use a plugin.

I tested again with f2 without this CVar, and the max damage I could do was around 137 with a grenade.

Maybe 157 is possible, but it is very very rare, like 0.05 % of chance to get it. That would mean there was no change for grenades in the game.

For stickies, getting higher damages than normal seem more frequent.

I guess there was at least a change for stickies only.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

“Agreed, we need to:

1. remove random damage

2. cap the weapon damage values at a fair level (i.e. if the rocket does 100 max then so should the scattergun, nades and stickies) with the nades and rockets having the same fall-off over distance.

This patch is absurd”

Rockets, scatterguns, nades and stickies should _NOT_ do the same amount of damage as each other.. There’s a reason they are different ;)

J3

I think valve should have a cvar to limit the random damage multiplier or even turn it off.
This would enable a server to be configed to have a fixed value of ranges for weapons if they wanted reducing this way the luck effect but still improving the competitive scene without taking of the so called feature that it is in this game. For example scouts have a random damage that is variable with the range and aim so even if u dont shot some player with the crosshair exactly in his body u can make damage, that kind of features and some falloff damage should stay but grenades being random with 50/80 damage difference is completely unfair. At most 20 damage difference for direct hits, most of ppl are almost counting the damage they give in each shot trying to figure if the enemy will die with the next or with 1/2 more shots but thats is completely impossible this way. Who knows how much damage will I do in the next couple shots… If I do 60average damage in 2 grenades to a demo and he does 100 damage in each one he shots me I would die in 2 and he wouldnt. The simple fact that this can happen is completely unfair, this is so wrong I cant w8 for a promod or a fix.

I vote for the cvar or promod fix.

Shrapnel

F2, why do you say that nobody is going to make a pro-mod?
Would it be particularly difficult for some reason?

Silan

(Actual Size)

I just have to say, saying “valve will save us!” IS naive. Ive been playing CS, TF2 and abit CSS and i know valve almost never did anything for either games competetive sites. I havent played enought TFC to know valves support there, but valve has always been known for its support towards the pub-folks, and never did much to the competetive site. Ive seen cod4 and fifa tunaments among others, where the creator/publisher have loaded huge money prices in, valve would never do anything like that. I really dont see where you get your optimisme from, valve never really cared about us, and after 10+ years i dont see that changing :).

RaCio

GoT²

“Thing is. We played this for a day and have seen these issues already. They make a small update and don’t even manage to notice it in testing.”
A lot of players tried to get a 157 nade on bots and they didnt even get a single one after 100 tries. And the sticky damage has been 74-153 before the patch. So I doubt anything has changed.

Anyway, about the random damage.
I can see why they have put it there. Without it a lot of fights would be the same. And soldiers would die all time time to exactly the same amount of shots.
However damage falloff and spread take care of that problem partly(and maybe even fully). This btw, might also be the reason nades, stickies and the rifle have such a big range. Because they dont have dropoff or spread.
Anyway, I think valve should definitely give an option to reduce, remove or tweak random damage. Because a damage range like 64-132 is just way to large.

Maybe if we ask them nicely… :P

AnAkkk

I’ve been trying a lot with grenades and the max was like 137.

For stickies, I also tried, and I could get like 165 (or maybe even a bit more). Something did change here.

blind

popkõrns

scout’s scattergun is fucked up tho ;x

DL

Medics could always be killed with 1 sticky, they just had to be directly beneath it.

F2

Danmark

F2, why do you say that nobody is going to make a pro-mod?
Would it be particularly difficult for some reason?

Well if someone was actually able to do it and had time to do it, why haven’t they done it months ago!?! :( Like TFTrue was used in the beginning to remove crits =)

Arnold

DAKKA

What makes tf2 so unique is not the random damage, there are so many things that make tf2 unique and some luck based random damage isn’t one of them.

murder

cQr

Guys, just contact [email protected]

EDIT: Ooops its [email protected].

MuAhAhAhA, what a cruel joke! :P

nvc

CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS CUSTOM COLOR CROSSHAIRS

bice

I’d kill for custom color crosshairs

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »