Forum

My steam account is disabled (trading?)

Created 8th October 2010 @ 09:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Nothing yet with the LTG guys, which is annoying down to we have a highlander tomorrow, so we will need to use 3 or 4 mercs…

But I am not expecting much, it will take a few days. I keep asking them.

BTW, it seems weird that they disable steam accounts for scamming, people can potentially have £500 of games on a steam account and to disable it because of scamming it one game seems harsh. I would expect them to wipe backpacks or something. Anyone know anyone who had scammed and already got a reply from steam?

N/A

RaWr ::

lol ur too paranoid.. steam dont ban u for having 1 or more account :D

Hiper

-YSND-

Quoted from CrashSite

For what i know from the email i put on the first post ( http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/922/messagefromrobinwalker.jpg ),scammers are getting banned.So i assume getting the account disabled means you are suspicious or something like that.

lagi

valve is paranoid lol

and all this is their own fault, who told them to release a massive World of Team Fortress 2

Last edited by lagi,

longas

cheater

Shifty

ah well….
so i guess you guys are unlucky with the support since the german support is really great for me actually the answer emails within like an hour :D

well in mah case they now need to contact the guy that bought the game and gave it to me as a gift which is why it takes even longer :/
though i think we all have a good chance of getting our accounts back in max a week :D

so keep it up guys !!

Last edited by Shifty,

alfa

Valve fighting against their own creation.

Nice

Ripple

Quoted from Shifty

ah well….
so i guess you guys are unlucky with the support since the german support is really great for me actually the answer emails within like an hour :D

well in mah case they now need to contact the guy that bought the game and gave it to me as a gift which is why it takes even longer :/
though i think we all have a good chance of getting our accounts back in max a week :D

so keep it up guys !!

If you buy something soon on steam, save the e-mail with the transaction-number in it. so you can post this as a proof that it’s your steam account. The proof must not have anything to do with tf2.

Shifty

wait what ripple ?
didnt really get you there sory :D ?

wic

greed is bad.

Shifty

Ok so i was googling a bit and i found this: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1011093

it seems like valve is really going crazy now !

also i have found this:
GreenMarine, Valve Employee posted:
Funny you should ask. We just decided today that speaking about how we address this problem publicly might help word get around.

We nuke scammers from orbit. We deactivate their accounts. This means they lose access to all steam products.

We are investigating less harsh methods of punishment. As of today we may begin nuking the violator’s inventory completely on the first offense and then closing their account on a successive offense. We are also investigating the possibility of simply disabling trade for violators or other methods of escalating punishment.

We are pretty good at determining whether actual fraud took place and also some types of not-really-fraud (like complaining about a bad trade) are ignored.

This doesn’t really address the guys who scam from an account bought just for scamming, but it should discourage casual scamming.

Victims have their items restored if real fraud is determined.

a friend of mine sent this to me via mumble i couldnt find the site but i doubt that anyone would make something like this up

Hiper

-YSND-

Quoted from Shifty

Ok so i was googling a bit and i found this: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1011093

it seems like valve is really going crazy now !

also i have found this:
GreenMarine, Valve Employee posted:
Funny you should ask. We just decided today that speaking about how we address this problem publicly might help word get around.

We nuke scammers from orbit. We deactivate their accounts. This means they lose access to all steam products.

We are investigating less harsh methods of punishment. As of today we may begin nuking the violator’s inventory completely on the first offense and then closing their account on a successive offense. We are also investigating the possibility of simply disabling trade for violators or other methods of escalating punishment.

We are pretty good at determining whether actual fraud took place and also some types of not-really-fraud (like complaining about a bad trade) are ignored.

This doesn’t really address the guys who scam from an account bought just for scamming, but it should discourage casual scamming.

Victims have their items restored if real fraud is determined.

a friend of mine sent this to me via mumble i couldnt find the site but i doubt that anyone would make something like this up

I don´t get this.How do they know if some trade is a scam or its just a gift from one player to another?

They see a suspicious trading and then they disable the account of the guys involved? That sounds so bullshit. Perhaps another new excuse to make people spend more money :),pathetic.

Anyways,thanks for posting it.

Btw,Shifty,what do you think you did that made Valve disable you account? I´m just curious.

Last edited by Hiper,

MEGAMIDDIE

I highly doubt I’m gonna get my account back now, support basically said gtfo

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

Shifty

@Hiper,
i was helping people that were scaming, i didnt actually recieve a hat from scaming all i did was saying: “oh yes this works” That was basicly it. I would understand it if they would like idk maybe delete my backpack or shit like that but since i never actually got a hat from scamming i think that this kind of punishment is just way to harsh.

So ahm yeah i will see, i also wrote a email to the man himself “Robin” (i did not get the automatic holloday msg) if i somehow get lucky and he replies i will make a ss and upload it here.
The point is that so many peeps got their hole acount disabled recently, just go google it and put “last week” in the search options….its crazy !
But yeah really all we can do is wait.
I just think its sad for the peeps that actually didnt do anything what so ever . I know a guy that just rarely play tf2 anymore (like once in 2 weeks) and i can proof that he wasnt scamming cause i was playing with him…he still got his accoint disabled.
Lets just hope that they start being humans and not “buissnes robots”

cheers Shifty

also sorry for the spelling but ipod keys are just to small :D

Hiper

-YSND-

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

I highly doubt I’m gonna get my account back now, support basically said gtfo

Could you post what did they said to you and what have you done? If you want obviously. I didn´t get a response yet.

Quoted from Shifty

[…]

Well imo if you help scamming or scam yourself you deserve to have your backpack erased (or at least the items you scammed) but they shouldnt disable your account,thats too harsh.

You can believe me or not but i never scammed,and im totally sure i dont deserve being punished. The “worst” thing i did was gifting a lot of items from my secondary account to my primary,and also helping other dudes doing it aswell.But even robin walker said that gifting items was not scamming(link to this in the OP).

I don´t know if valve ask the guys you trade with or they just erase your backpack if they see something suspicious,but it would be really unfair if they do that to mine.

Last edited by Hiper,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »