Forum

My steam account is disabled (trading?)

Created 8th October 2010 @ 09:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Hiper

-YSND-

So,today i woke up to see my steam account was disabled,and for no apparent reason.

The last thing i did yesterday was getting like 9 weapons from a friend (yes,a friend),and since Valve is disabling accounts for these reasons,i think that could be my case aswell.
I ´ve already sent a Support ticket with my Paypal information and such,the kind of information Steam wants from you in these cases,but i don´t see what it has to do with tf2items.

I´d also like to warn people about trading with friends,do not give or recieve a lot of weapons to/from them because you/they could get your/their account disabled.

ps: I ll update this thread as i get new information about my account.

Update : Information about what Robin Walker says about Scam and Bans -> http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/922/messagefromrobinwalker.jpg (thanks Linus)

Update2: After 6 days i got my account back,and my backpack is untouched.Im still waiting for an explanation about people getting disabled.

Last edited by Hiper,

Mike

TEZC

unlucky mate, least you got no matches this weekend?

vøid

I think this kind of measure is to avoid people to have idle account , to drop 2x items than normally.

Which is, obviously stupid.

flix

n2o

wow…

i’ve got all the items from 3 friends like 16 or so.
i hope i dont get banned :(

vøid

valve doesnt like free items , because they cant understand that something can be free .
so they ban. -o-

Ripple

my mate got disabled for an unknown reason aswell, just open a steam support ticket with a proof cd-key screen and they give it back to you, if you didn’t do something bad like hacking other accs etc.

I think he got hacked, and so far i’ve understood it, they disabled the account for security reasons when they found out. just open a ticket and they’ll give it back to you. Did take about 1 day

and i’m 100% sure they didn’t disable the acc due to the idle shit. Not the whole steam acc at least ;) They’d just remove those items from your inventory or smth like that. Lots of ppl i know do this, and they can still use their accounts. Try what i said, you will get it back if you didn’t do anything “really bad” with it.

About the forumlink you’ve posted, read on: It’s not about idling and trading, it’s about receiving gifts from someone who has exploited the Steam Wallet with having millions of dollars in it.

Maybe for this reason the Valve bot thinks you’re a scammer and blocked your account.
Try to send a ticket to support.

That’s what i think aswell, you get it back for sure if you tell them that you didn’t do anything bad.

Last edited by Ripple,

Extremer

My account wasn’t disabled, however, all 10 of my hats along with a few weapons disappeared randomly. Steam support haven’t replied in 2 days…

pukz

Quoted from Extremer

My account wasn’t disabled, however, all 10 of my hats along with a few weapons disappeared randomly. Steam support haven’t replied in 2 days…

and people said you was a hacker..

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Extremer

Email Robin directly?

Wiiking

Quoted from Gubbins

[…]

Email Robin directly?

im sure he will have time for every whiner that email him about hats :D

Shifty

Ahm yeah exact same thing here :(
Already sent a support ticket, really hope i can get my account back.

But yeah i am a bit more confident that i will get it back now that i saw that other peeps have the same problem.

GL dude ! I will update about my case as well

Extremer

Quoted from Gubbins

[…]

Email Robin directly?

I don’t know what’s his email. :D

Hiper

-YSND-

Quoted from Mike

unlucky mate, least you got no matches this weekend?

Heh,if theres something positive about this problem,its just that.

Quoted from Ripple

Well,i just checked tf2items.com and they didnt took any of my items yet,and they should´t do it because there is no reason.
I won´t care too much about the hats if they give me my account back as soon as possible,but its still unfair anyways.

Quoted from Shifty

GL dude ! I will update about my case as well

Thanks!,Gl to you aswell :)

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Dont worry hiper, you still have me. Don’t need tf2.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Extremer

fucking lithuanian hackers

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »