Forum

TF2 Open Beta

Created 6th September 2010 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Fragga’s actually right, TF2 will sooner or later end up like QW, with small base of high skilled players and hotheads only without variations. After all, how long can a team practice dynamics on badlands before burning out?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Freshmeat is bang on. Most of you guys have never even played another fps game, let me tell you from experience this is how you kill a game. QW (great example) died because we all got too good, the entire level, even the noobs, were MILES above the skill of the newcomers, consequently new players dried up, the scene got old and died, same can be said of many other games.

TF2 is different inasmuch as valve keep pumping in changes, most of them are fucking terrible, but it keeps the game alive (hats lol). I heard some nonsense from division-one players about “NO PRO MOD, WE DON’T WANT TO SEPARATE THE COMP SCENE FROM THE PUB SCENE” well guess what, Vanilla TF2 (aka boring TF2) does exactly that, only it does it worse by empowering the scout and demo even more than normal.

Prestige19

[8==D]

any suggestions on how to “fix” that? or is all complaining?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Its not the unlocks that separate 6v6 from pubs, its the classes that are being used. Cheers.

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

thread starts off as an informative post with a couple of links then changes into rage fest and people trolling, classic ETF2L

electro

Got Milk?

maybe now people who actually wanted to help tf2 getting better have the chance to give some feedback

or not, they actually getting spammed with post’s like “heavy needs gloves making him move twice as fast as a scout” or sumthing like that

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

It’s fairly obvious, teams which are carried by their scouts and demo don’t want change, we saw that in the last beta, any suggestion which in anyway would affect this situation was rejected out of hand. Even to the extent of increasing the FOV to 100.

The benefits of pubbers doing this instead is that most of them probably wont be scouts seeking more buffs to an already dominant class. Hopefully we might see changes which bring the other 5 classes into comp play, BUT YOU CAN BET YOUR LIFE EURO TF2 WILL GO VANILLA TO STOP THIS.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Fragga

It’s fairly obvious, teams which are carried by their scouts and demo don’t want change, we saw that in the last beta, any suggestion which in anyway would affect this situation was rejected out of hand. Even to the extent of increasing the FOV to 100.

The benefits of pubbers doing this instead is that most of them probably wont be scouts seeking more buffs to an already dominant class. Hopefully we might see changes which bring the other 5 classes into comp play, BUT YOU CAN BET YOUR LIFE EURO TF2 WILL GO VANILLA TO STOP THIS.

Hey come on fragga, introducing an extra 5 classes into comp play means the top teams will have to rethink tactics and learn a new playstyle which is effort and they win lots currently anyway!

Vanilla + medic because thats what we’re best at!11!

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Just because it is fragga doesn’t mean he is always completely wrong whenever he says anything

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Fragga is the only one with a good point in this thread.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

He doesn’t make any sense tbh.

Skyride

DUCS

I think all points made by everyone so far are completely retarded and spastic because they’re based on presumptions/guesses. Valve hasn’t done anything other than say “we’re going to do an open public beta”, yet somehow we’re already on page 4 of flame.

dont mad

RaCio

GoT²

Flamewars won´t really help in spreading the image of the competitive scene having any authority on game balance. If we have any means on being a positive factor to TF2Beta and thus to ourselves we better make sure we increase our effort.

I trashed the off-topic posts. Keep this thread about the beta please, create another topic if you want to discuss vanilla.

Darn

rockit like

unlocks wont make you or your team better. The skill gap wont suddenly disappear if you allow gunboats. To truly make competitive scene grow, we need players with previous experience from other games to pick TF2 and aim for the top. Random public players who switch to comp are so far behind.

Fragga just have to accept the fact that soldier class in _TEAM_ fortress is not meant for deathmatch, sure its different in yankpugs where you only seem to play, there one soldier can dominate when the other mixteam doesnt have the experience to avoid situations where you shouldnt be against a soldier.

I feel like all your posts are just random trolling learned from the glorious USA, like a guy sitting in a pub commentating a football game “I would have scored from there”
Get a fuckin team, come to LANs and show how its done and stop being an ass

Vanilla is only suggested for division 1 anyway.

And yes, beta was a failure last time.. I just could not bare to be there. Some random yanks had so awful ideas. Scout to have “buff banner” which would give speedboost to everyone just because quake has haste. AGRGH?!?!MDA

Last edited by Darn,

Norris

……………. Increasing the effort by trashing serious suggestions!?

You are welcome racio.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »