Forum

TF2 Open Beta

Created 6th September 2010 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Next »

Jarppa

Feacon

Mentioned on Kritzkrieg podcast. (seek to 23:50)
Coming this week, according to one of the hosters of it. (but there’s always valve time then)

The TF2 Open Beta is a beta version of the game open to all TF2 owners. The Open Beta would be used to test various changes to the game and observe their effects on gameplay, before integrating certain changes into the game.

SPUF
Team Fortress 2 Wiki

Last edited by Jarppa,

hykleri

WOW. This doesn’t make any sense. The point of tf2 beta was that only OMGOMGPROTF2TEAMS were able to play it. And now pubbers will give feedback… lmao.

AnimaL

….

scout buffs…. here they come

Quoted from AnimaL

….

scout buffs…. here they come

Give the scout a rocket launcher and you’re all set.

djc

d2f~

Quoted from hykleri

WOW. This doesn’t make any sense. The point of tf2 beta was that only OMGOMGPROTF2TEAMS were able to play it. And now pubbers will give feedback… lmao.

the feedback in the “pros only” tf2 beta was basically equivalent to pub level mentality so it won’t really be any change

AnimaL

Quoted from djc

[…]

the feedback in the “pros only” tf2 beta was basically equivalent to pub level mentality so it won’t really be any change

u mean the one that yanks did?

“please add pointless healing icon to see who am i healing”

yes, i agree

also tnx Moose for TDH:

” A rocket launcher with faster rockets but with decreased splash damage would make this class a whole lot more interesting to play. You could also add increased damage for airgibs or no ranged damage reduction for direct hits to increase the skill level needed for this weapon.” made…some time before TDH update :D

Last edited by AnimaL,

Skyride

DUCS

Any change to this game – for better or for worse – will be blasted since any change will always have losers. Valve won’t care what joe pub has to say since joe pub has no concept of game balance, but equally they won’t care what john “6v6 player” pro has to say either since he’s happy with the game in its vanilla state and is against change to begin with.

They’re not looking for one particular person or a small group’s opinions/views on changes, they’re just bouncing ideas off the community and seeing what the general response is. A severely watered down view of the vocal minority usually gives you a good idea of the group-think.

tl;dr: haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine.

Last edited by Skyride,

thaldarin

Well this is a good thing all round.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

more scout buffs here we go!!

Didn’t Valve say in the UKGamer interview that they wanted to know what the game was like if everybody had 10HP or other things like that? Massive global changes they currently had no way of testing?

rtan

-9w-

pub players would probably give better ideas than the “pro” div1 players.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

best idea from the last beta was from a “pro” you know who you are

“as pyro double tap ‘w’ to sprint towards the enemy!”

hahahahahahahaahahah

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from rtan

pub players would probably give better ideas than the “pro” div1 players.

You don’t read the steam forums do you :P?

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]u mean the one that yanks did?

“please add pointless healing icon to see who am i healing”

yes, i agree

also tnx Moose for TDH:

” A rocket launcher with faster rockets but with decreased splash damage would make this class a whole lot more interesting to play. You could also add increased damage for airgibs or no ranged damage reduction for direct hits to increase the skill level needed for this weapon.” made…some time before TDH update :D

TBH that’s still a pretty good idea, Valve just took it a bit too far and skipped the most important part altogether (no falloff, well maybe some at very long ranges would be nice)

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Didn’t Valve say in the UKGamer interview that they wanted to know what the game was like if everybody had 10HP or other things like that? Massive global changes they currently had no way of testing?

if they make it like that, where the changes are vast and over the top, then it might be fun to play for a laugh, just to see what it’s like. Like say everyone had 10HP, or every shot was a crit, or the knockback from rockets/fan/etc was 100 times more powerful, or you could use the pyro’s blowback like you would a rocket jump :D.

When they first did the blowback they said it was crap for gameplay, but they only internally tested it afaik, so would be good for the community to test it. If it was a skillful addition and it made it so u could get to mid faster, it might make more of a clan play type class, which i think valve wanna do for more of the classes.

then again, it’ll probably just be lame, but i wouldn’t mind deciding that for myself :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Next »