Forum

skill level help

Created 31st July 2010 @ 15:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from kuma

…explain the situation to a higher team and ask them, rather than pretending you’re a skill you aren’t.

if you explain it to me like this, i’m personally happy to help anyone out.

Your problem is you’re too nice matey, there are a lot of teams out there that wouldn’t do anything like that. We find we’re winning most of our low+ pcw’s but we know that a decent div4 team would more than likely roll the shit out of us. What do we ask for? Div5/6 is what. When we’re winning all of our low+ pcw’s then we may start asking for mid-.

I really dont think it’s a massive problem though is it? if you roll/get rolled and it’s over in 15 mins or so just make your excuses and leave and get another…. no biggy surely.

Best excuse for not playing a second I’ve heard…..’sorry, no admin’….lol.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Spike Himself

So basically what you’re saying is “2 years ago I was mid- and that meant something, but because there are so many people now that are also mid- I’m not special anymore and that is wrong!”?

Surely there will be some people overrating and even underrating themselves, but in the grand scheme of things (and *because* the amount of people and teams is ever growing) everything will evolve just fine. And it is.

I don’t get what anything you said has to do with what you quoted from me, or really anything from my post at all. I’m also fairly sure that mid- wasn’t even in use 2 years ago (or something close to that), as later it came to refer to a few teams that progressed into the massive skill divide between div4 and div3 and so were above div4 level (low+) but still not good enough to be div3 (mid).

Besides, surely the existence of this thread and the ton of people complaining about skillfakers (especially for mid-) would suggest that everything isn’t ok?

rtan

-9w-

addict

kuma

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

I really dont think it’s a massive problem though is it? if you roll/get rolled and it’s over in 15 mins or so just make your excuses and leave and get another…. no biggy surely.

the thing is duke, i’d rather play a 30 minute 5-1 than a 10 minute 5-0. i don’t mind so much when there is some challenge involved. i don’t imagine it would be fun for the team getting rolled in 10 mins either.

like yesterday we played tc and it wasn’t that bad considering they are div 6 (despite the shit talking). they got a few rounds vs us and it was a decent game, i imagine it gave them a bit of confidence too. i’d just rather play a closer game with the little time i have for tf2 now. i hope that’s not asking too much.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I played a mix yesterday and the opponent did not even have microphones. They advertised mid-

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from kuma

like yesterday we played tc and it wasn’t that bad considering they are div 6 (despite the shit talking).

It was only afterwards I realised JvanW was looking for mid. I need to learn to read. My intention was to get a mid- game to see how we’d do. But even against you guys I don’t think we did all that badly. We even made some terrible errors that we normally don’t, so considering that it was a great match for us.
Apologies for the shittalking. Some of us still haven’t hit puberty it seems..

Last edited by Spike Himself,

hal

blah

Quoted from kuma

[…]

like yesterday we played tc and it wasn’t that bad considering they are div 6 (despite the shit talking). they got a few rounds vs us and it was a decent game

So you accepted a d6 team…and it even was a decent game. I don’t get what you are complaining about. If you accept d6 teams or teams without a history, you run the risk that they haven’t found their skill level yet.

If you want to make sure your opponent is d4/d3 or has players at that level…then put in the effort and check. If you don’t then it’s kinda your own fault tbh.

Besides, ppl need to stop acting as if skill levels could be an exact science. It’s just not possible to ensure that you get a really good match, you can only (maybe) increase the odds. It’s not like 5-0 is an uncommon result even if teams are technically on the same skill level (teams having a bad day and so on..).

What’s the proposed solution of all the “skillfake” complainers anyway? Do you want a skill-police that fines ppl for skillfaking? :D

Waebi

‹Con›

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Y7GMPJO64
time to get high.

Last edited by Waebi,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

You’ve been back 5 minutes and alreay you’ve raised hell, i swear if you wern’t so beautifull Jay….

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Ah you mean when you were looking for mid+ players kuma but were more like div4 standard?

edit: grammar nazi tiems

Last edited by Koeitje,

kuma

Quoted from hal

[…]

So you accepted a d6 team…and it even was a decent game. I don’t get what you are complaining about. If you accept d6 teams or teams without a history, you run the risk that they haven’t found their skill level yet.

If you want to make sure your opponent is d4/d3 or has players at that level…then put in the effort and check. If you don’t then it’s kinda your own fault tbh.

Besides, ppl need to stop acting as if skill levels could be an exact science. It’s just not possible to ensure that you get a really good match, you can only (maybe) increase the odds. It’s not like 5-0 is an uncommon result even if teams are technically on the same skill level (teams having a bad day and so on..).

What’s the proposed solution of all the “skillfake” complainers anyway? Do you want a skill-police that fines ppl for skillfaking? :D

i’m not complaining about anything. anyway that has nothing to do with the point as yesterday’s case is rare. you more often get complete rolls.

anyway, surely it’s just easier and would make more sense for teams to actually get games at their own level.

have an official guideline of what each skill means or only ask for divisions to make it clear. you don’t call barca high and tranmere rovers low+, their skill is evident from their records.

kuma

Quoted from Koeitje

Ah you mean when you were looking for mid+ players kuma but where more like div4 standard?

yeah div 4 standard after you joined :)

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from Koeitje

Ah you mean when you were looking for mid+ players kuma but where more like div4 standard?

You mean when you were a mid+ soldier and a mid+ demoman as well?

PS Stop being bad and start scheduling games against decent teams for your level. Although it’s a hassle to do, it’s worth it seeing as you know that you will be playing at that time against a decent team and you don’t have to search IRC for a game. Basically, don’t be lazy.

Last edited by Thalien,

Ripple

Let’s just take IRC:

Why not searching like this?

Upper div 4:

6on6 | now | div 4 (mid-/mid) | server on/off etc.

Lower div 4:

6on6 | now | div 4 (low+/mid-) | server on/off etc.

the bm man

k^m

Quoted from Thalien

PS Stop being bad .

I try thalien i try!! But im just not good@games like you!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »