ur shit

did you forget about airheals

he can do them you know !!

atrox_

WaAS?

so many trolls…

Quoted from flushy

real men use mac mice and c as crouch

real men use wehrmacht and mouse1 for +forward.

minimoose

Quoted from dft

rip all theese guys who are using manual rj
script>all better and faster jumps+take like 35hp when u know do it

35hp is high damage

Last edited by minimoose,

ups

Quoted from flushy

real men use mac mice and c as crouch

define “real men”

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I use no script. Kinda shows, cause I’m pretty bad. :D

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from dft

rip all theese guys who are using manual rj
script>all better and faster jumps+take like 35hp when u know do it

So you can’t actually do 27 dmg jumps?

Quoted from compton

[…]
What do you mean? I use a script and can vary my jumps just like anyone who does it manually.

What does your jump script do? Jump+Shoot (so you can add in crouch whenever you feel you need it) or Jump+Crouch+Shoot (which would mean that you do all jumps where you don’t crouch manually).

As far as the whole rocket jumping scripts in general goes.
I think that even if you use a script you’re not instantly better or more consistant at your jumps than someone who doesn’t. Even when you use a script you still need to understand the basics behind good rocket jumping. I would also argue that someone who does the jumps themselves can be more creative with his jumps to give him an advantage.

Boil it down to a script and you essentially dumb it down, which isn’t entirely negative. Afterall you can argue that for 70% of the jumps the script is perfect and gains you some efficiency.

Last edited by herpderp,

compton

cvx|

Quoted from herpderp

What does your jump script do? Jump+Shoot (so you can add in crouch whenever you feel you need it) or Jump+Crouch+Shoot (which would mean that you do all jumps where you don’t crouch manually).

As far as the whole rocket jumping scripts in general goes.
I think that even if you use a script you’re not instantly better or more consistant at your jumps than someone who doesn’t. Even when you use a script you still need to understand the basics behind good rocket jumping. I would also argue that someone who does the jumps themselves can be more creative with his jumps to give him an advantage.

Boil it down to a script and you essentially dumb it down, which isn’t entirely negative. Afterall you can argue that for 70% of the jumps the script is perfect and gains you some efficiency.

My RJ script (again):

alias +rj "+attack;+jump;+duck"
alias -rj "-jump;-duck;-attack"
bind mouse2 +rj

If I need to get on a ledge or airstrafe, I’ll crouch manually after clicking mouse2, works perfectly. Of course I could do my jumps manually, but I just use the script to save myself from redundant keystrokes.

Just because I use a script doesn’t mean I can’t rocket jump manually. It’s like saying you don’t have skills to reload manually just because you use auto-reload. In fact, it’s the people who don’t use any scripts who are making the game more complex for themselves while gaining nothing out of it.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from compton

[…]

My RJ script (again):

alias +rj "+attack;+jump;+duck"
alias -rj "-jump;-duck;-attack"
bind mouse2 +rj

If I need to get on a ledge or airstrafe, I’ll crouch manually after clicking mouse2, works perfectly. Of course I could do my jumps manually, but I just use the script to save myself from redundant keystrokes.

But if you don’t want to do a crouch jump you still have to do it manually.

Quoted from compton

Just because I use a script doesn’t mean I can’t rocket jump manually. It’s like saying you don’t have skills to reload manually just because you use auto-reload. In fact, it’s the people who don’t use any scripts who are making the game more complex for themselves while gaining nothing out of it.

I never said that people who used scripts couldn’t jump manually. All I’m saying is that someone who does all their jumps by hand will probably be able to be more creative than someone who doesn’t.

I don’t see the game as becoming less complex when you use a script to rocket jump (you still have to do the same mouse motions as someone who does it by hand), I can agree on the keystrokes but that depends on how you’ve mapped your keys aswell.

Priem

if you really don’t know how rocketjumping works, go for the scripts for a while to see how rocketjumping works, then later remove if you want. not the same feeling with scripts imo.

Last edited by Priem,

compton

cvx|

Quoted from herpderp

But if you don’t want to do a crouch jump you still have to do it manually.

Obviously. If I need to do that (rarely), I’ll do a manual jump.

I never said that people who used scripts couldn’t jump manually. All I’m saying is that someone who does all their jumps by hand will probably be able to be more creative than someone who doesn’t.

Yeah I understand what you mean. I wasn’t talking directly at you on that point. Though, the arguments are quite similar, I don’t see how my script affects my RJ creativity ;p

I don’t see the game as becoming less complex when you use a script to rocket jump (you still have to do the same mouse motions as someone who does it by hand), I can agree on the keystrokes but that depends on how you’ve mapped your keys aswell.

Yeah of course most of the work is in the air control, but making that .5% chance of failing your jump in a tight situation just because you don’t use a script is still counter-productive.

Last edited by compton,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from compton

[…]

Yeah I understand what you mean. I wasn’t talking directly at you on that point. Though, the arguments are quite similar, I don’t see how my script affects my RJ creativity ;p

I think you could throw in valid points for both sides of that arguement :P Depends entirely on how long you want to discuss that.

Quoted from compton

[…]
Yeah of course most of the work is in the air control, but making that .5% chance of failing your jump in a tight situation just because you don’t use a script is still counter-productive.

The thing is you don’t remove that .5% ever. The script covers the timing perfectly, but you still need to aim at your feet. Even outside that there are tons of factors that can fuck over your jump outside of stuff you control. I mean, it sure is fun getting slightly pushed to the side by a friendly player model when you do the badlands rollout and you completely fuck over your jump D: Just as it’s fucking annoying to have your rockets explode on the back of a friendly scout while you’re trying to kill an enemy medic (even though thats not related to this at all in any way whatsoever).

Last edited by herpderp,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »