Forum

Questions abour rocketjumping to all PROs

Created 5th June 2010 @ 09:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Just remember not to strafe and look in that direction in the air. Technically us euros are banned from it… or something like that?

Memento Mori

Quoted from Rupheñ

hi , im playing the game for 2 years and during this time period i’ve always used rj script.now , some ppl told me that it’s a bad idea.now here is my questions.

1)should i use rj script?

2)how about crouchjump script ?

3)should i crouch in the air during rj?

4)how can i train myself?

thanks..

1) No it’s shit.
2) No it’s 2 buttons learn to coordinate your fingers.
3) Yes, I think it increases airspeed but not sure. Doesn’t do anything bad I guess.
4) Play the game numpty

kuma

if you are airstrafing to dodge, you generally crouch as you go further/faster with it.

that’s about the only reason

Last edited by kuma,

Dummy

what the fuck jumping
real men stick with the medic and if they go below 300 hp for more than 5 seconds they go berserk in mumb-oh wait, this ain’t americuntland
EU version: real men use the equaliser, we all know only demos get heals

Kingcrispy

swimp

3. You can crouch in mid air but you are not a smaller target. At least not anymore Valve fixed or messed this up. But it still has effect when you land or walljump = you get up on higher places and get a speedboost when you shoot a wall. Also when you crouch in mid air your hitboxes are like normal since one of the latest updates, but when you get airshot you get a massive speed boost when he hits your feet/legs. When you don’t hold crouch you will only get knocked up a little.

Did really nobody notice that you can’t crouch anymore in midair? The effect is still there but the model looks the same

Last edited by Kingcrispy,

dft

script>all

GeaR

Epsilon

Quoted from Kingcrispy

Did really nobody notice that you can’t crouch anymore in midair? The effect is still there but the model looks the same

I just checked it by watching my own demo in third person. There is a little difference in the model between crouching and not crouching in midair, but as I remember the difference was more noticeable. They must have changed it lately.

Kingcrispy

swimp

They did quite a while ago.
But I am not sure if it’s a bug or not.
Because sometimes it still works when you fall down or stand still and jump

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Dummy

what the fuck jumping
real men stick with the medic and if they go below 300 hp for more than 5 seconds they go berserk in mumb-oh wait, this ain’t americuntland
EU version: real men use the equaliser, we all know only demos get heals

lol

1. Never tried
2. I’ve more or less always used one. Johnny told me to so he must be right 0.o. I just have it bound to space bar. You can use trajectory and change the time between jumping and shooting to control distance etc. Only problem is now some random yank said I can go higher and farther by tapping crouch or something… I can’t do that now.
3. I do don’t know if I should or not. You definitely need to for wall jumps and skip jumps.
4. Just normal maps are good. I bind impulse 101 to mouse2 when I’m practising. Good jump maps for beginners are jump_rush, jump_adventure and jump_beef. Jump rush is mostly about air control so is a bit more applicable than the others.

Last edited by daithi1,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from dft

script>all

Enjoy being unable to vary your jumps on the fly.

compton

cvx|

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Enjoy being unable to vary your jumps on the fly.

What do you mean? I use a script and can vary my jumps just like anyone who does it manually.

I don’t see much of difference if someone is using a script or not. I know couple div 3 and higher soldiers that use rj-scripts…
I had to start using a script resently because my left hand is quite weak and using ctrl is rather painful to me and I really don’t feel like binding it to somewhere else :)
If you are able do a perfect rj most of the time without any script, good for you.
If you use a script, then use it if you are not confident about your rj-skills.
So it’s only matter of personal opinions what you do.

busta_rhymes

if you use a script you really can’t vary your jumps that well

for your own sake just dont use a script and learn how to do it

you’re only cheating yourself

dft

rip all theese guys who are using manual rj
script>all better and faster jumps+take like 35hp when u know do it

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »