Forum

Questions abour rocketjumping to all PROs

Created 5th June 2010 @ 09:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

ups

Quoted from RareSpycrab

Well imo your better off with hurtme -150 bound to a key. This way you’ll learn about conserving your health and wont just jump everywhere and waste health. And another tip if you jump alot is keep an eye on your ammo.

pff, just write a ‘script’ which updates your health && ammo once an awhile.

sv_cheats 1
alias regen “impulse 101; wait 700; regen”
regen

You can increase/decrease the wait time ofc, so you’ll still be able to see the amount of damage you did to yourself, and there will be no need to press any additional keys during the rj.

Last edited by ups,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Dont use any scripts, its better to learn how it all works and why first to give you a better understanding of rocket jumping. I learnt to rj and airshot by playing alot of BBall and asking people what i was doing wrong or how do i do this?
Just practice and get someone who knows how to rj properly to watch you and you’ll do fine.

toasty.

PHX

If you haven’t already, craft the gun boats. Learning to rj with them will be much quicker.

poxie

Quoted from Tobyy

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6LdSqWrAJs

‘tutiriol’

Oh dear god it just gets worse!

Last edited by poxie,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Assuming you have the basics down I recommend you check out HonorableJay’s tutorials:

Part 2 (1/2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm-BGnaBCgE
Part 2 (2/2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxAXe6jQyvk

franco

Quoted from Rupheñ

1)should i use rj script?

2)how about crouchjump script ?

3)should i crouch in the air during rj?

4)how can i train myself?

1) no.
2) if you need to (i do for some jumps cus my keyboard sucks).
3) yes, all the time.
4) bball and jump maps.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

1. Imo yes, fail jumps are less likely then. And I want to be sure I jump ok on critical moments
2. Your choise, I’m using a normal jump script
3. Doenst matter, only helps a bit on flick jumps, but you generally dont use them on comp play, except with jumpboots. Makes you a smaller target though.
4. Just play in normal maps. You can jump everywhere, so why not get the feel on a normal map where you can use it later on :)

Good luck jumping :-)

compton

cvx|

Quoted from reCon

I´m using a rj script but i can also do all rocketjump for my own… I just use it to be 100% sure that i do a perfect jump to do no wrong, but if i have to jump a bit lower or not sooo high i can also do them perfectly but then not 100%… maybe only 90%…

This.

Using a simple RJ script gives you no disadvantage and since it’s allowed pretty much everywhere I see no reason not to use it if you’re used to it.

alias +rj "+attack;+jump;+duck"
alias -rj "-jump;-duck;-attack"

iQue

keso

Quoted from Andee

3. Doenst matter, only helps a bit on flick jumps, but you generally dont use them on comp play, except with jumpboots. Makes you a smaller target though.

You should always crouch when rocket jumping, makes you a smaller target and improves air control. If you need to get up somewhere that doesn’t require holding crouch, do it anyway and adjust the angle of your jump, less damage taken.

Skyride

DUCS

Don’t use any scripts at all. :)

It just requires practice, +1 to what Tapley said.

the bm man

k^m

get an angry scotsman to shout at you

Fodi

Quoted from Tobyy

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6LdSqWrAJs

“Jump and fire a rocket on your feet. Can you do that?”
Positive answer means your def pro. Close this thread, bye!

Last edited by Fodi,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Quoted from Rupheñ

hi , im playing the game for 2 years and during this time period i’ve always used rj script.now , some ppl told me that it’s a bad idea.now here is my questions.

thanks..

1. Yes, got mine bound to mouse2, which works for when a scout surprises me a close combat I hit mouse2 instead of mouse1 to avoid the ridicious self-damage. Mouse2 is by far the best button to assign the rj script to.

2. Yes, makes you a smaller, harder to hit target. Makes it easier to move around the map especially on like badlands middle when you wanna get on those trains quickly. Only downside is that you can be blasted away if you’re hit with a good amount of damage, but that also can work in your favor sometimes.

3. I think I only crouch when I’m about to skip-rj (powerslide), I try and focus instead on airstrafing. Most soldiers here don’t actually move much at all – I always try and move first in one direction then strafe in the other direction when I see the enemy is about to fire – using the mouse to make the movements more unpredictable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03W7w3J363w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYXqkKkIK-Y

I use all of these rjs even without gunboats – some are hard, but for example the canyon to window jump on badlands is hilarious and worth practising. In any FPS game getting behind the enemy is win, finding RJs to help you do this and then have the balls to actually attempt them in games is probably the only fun thing left about soldier.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from iQue

[…]

You should always crouch when rocket jumping, makes you a smaller target and improves air control.

As far as I know, it doenst give better air control?

eoN^

Quoted from Rupheñ

hi , im playing the game for 2 years and during this time period i’ve always used rj script.now , some ppl told me that it’s a bad idea.now here is my questions.

thanks..

1. No, definitely not. Not one that makes you turn or any crap like that because it messes with trajectory etc so its pointless.

2. I personally do and find it very very useful but ive used it for like a year so im really used to it, alot of rocket jumps (mainly on bball etc) dont need you to crouch so it can sometimes be a problem having a crouch script but its possible to compensate with trajectory.

3. Really upto you, it doesnt make that big a difference to me personally but i think i do it anyway, feel a lil epic’er when flying through the air :D

4. Jump maps (jump_pagoda ftw), bball (beast for practising low rjs and fast jumps), matches (youll notice 90% of jumps from jump maps / bball are useless because you dont wanna take fall damage in a match but in a jump map it doesnt make a difference, jump maps are mostly just for getting used to where to aim etc), rollout practise on a local host (great for getting you lines right etc when waiting for a mix or what not)

Mainly just enjoy rocket jumping, if you find you enjoy doing it do jump maps and try and find new interesting ways and places to jump on the maps you like the most. If you enjoy it it wont feel like practise at all.

Just my 2p

EDIT: Im not exactly a “pro” but no one is in TF2 :P.

Last edited by eoN^,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »