Forum

Questions abour rocketjumping to all PROs

Created 5th June 2010 @ 09:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Rupheñ

hi , im playing the game for 2 years and during this time period i’ve always used rj script.now , some ppl told me that it’s a bad idea.now here is my questions.

1)should i use rj script?

2)how about crouchjump script ?

3)should i crouch in the air during rj?

4)how can i train myself?

thanks..

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Rupheñ

hi , im playing the game for 2 years and during this time period i’ve always used rj script.now , some ppl told me that it’s a bad idea.now here is my questions.

1)should i use rj script?

2)how about crouchjump script ?

3)should i crouch in the air during rj?

thanks..

1) no
2) no
3) no
4) practice

Rupheñ

i said PROs can answer me nigh , not retard trolls

Black_Bob

[DA]

Ive played soldier for a fair while but im definatly no pro

1 and 2 I couldnt say since ive never used scrypts

3, Yes hold down the crouch key whist in the air it gives you much more control of your air strafing.

4, Best way to practice is on a match server with sv_cheats on and invunrabilty or a map like jump_adventure is where you can learn most basic jumps well on the first 3 levels.

Better still actual vid made by a pro :)
http://vanillatf2.org/2010/05/col-jaeger-shows-you-how-it-is-done/

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Nigh

3) no

l2p

yin

u can use scripts if you want to but its much cooler if you dont need them…

if you want to train rj’s you shoudl defiantly check out this server: 85.131.176.145:29000

its the pro rj server from a m8 hf on it :>

reCon

I´m using a rj script but i can also do all rocketjump for my own… I just use it to be 100% sure that i do a perfect jump to do no wrong, but if i have to jump a bit lower or not sooo high i can also do them perfectly but then not 100%… maybe only 90%…

1)should i use rj script? your choice

2)how about crouchjump script ? NO

3)should i crouch in the air during rj? if u want strafe.. u should :D

4)how can i train myself? Just play on some jump maps.. there are much server around!

Last edited by reCon,

GeaR

Epsilon

3) Yes, because you’re a smaller target to hit. Btw, you don’t need to duck for air-strafing and it doesn’t give you better control of it.

Last edited by GeaR,

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Rupheñ

go on your server put badlands or something write this in your console sv_cheats 1 then hurtme -9999999
and hf

Last edited by evokje,

Tobyy

TEZC
Pixie <3

Quoted from Rupheñ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6LdSqWrAJs

Iller

tGa

I’m no pro either, but this is my opinion :

The answer of all questions is of course that in the end it’s up to you.

1. Generally no. I think most better player’s don’t use any such scripts.
If you really know how to rocket jump well you might try to bind a rj script to some key (as ReCon do), but if you are not that good I would recommend that you practice to get “sufficently good” instead of using scripts.
After that you can decide for yourself if you think a script still will help you or not.

2. Generally no on this one as well.
If you have a free key to bind to crouchjump, then go ahead, but I don’t think it is a good idea to use your ordinary jump key for this. This makes it harder to control the length and height of your rocket jumps since you always have to use the “duck jump shoot” rocket jump and never the “jump shoot”.
Also I guess this messes up the “duck tap” jump even more.

3. Depends. As Gear says you can airstrafe without it, but since you will be harder to hit it might be a good idea.
One drawback is of course that you have to hold down one more key during flight, which is taking aways some attention and control from the rest of the keys (unless you are used to it).

4. Well, just start an empty map, write “sv_cheats 1” in console.
Then write “hurtme -500000” to get 500000 health. (edit : Seems evökje was too quick for me here.. :- ))
You can also write “givecurrentammo” to get full ammo.
Then you can jump around as much as you want.

Then you can read and watch tutorials on rocket jumping techniques. There are quite a lot of them.
After that you can start downloading some of the easier rocket jump maps (like rj_rocketeer) and start practice.

Last edited by Iller,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Rupheñ

i said PROs can answer me nigh , not retard trolls

for you, I’m PRO

RareSpycrab

Well imo your better off with hurtme -150 bound to a key. This way you’ll learn about conserving your health and wont just jump everywhere and waste health. And another tip if you jump alot is keep an eye on your ammo.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Nigh

[…]

for you, I’m PRO

pro airheals maybe?

and $3000?

and a community weapon?

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from Tobyy

[…]