Created 8th March 2010 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 31 Next »

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from rtan

*waits patiently with a pen and paper*

3242-12987-1233-58734 transpiration date 23/09/2019

wth! It doenst work D2M, I will post this as an ETF2L forum bug!

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from kuma

[…]

you must be a real easy target for identity theft seeing how you value your privacy. care to tell me your credit card number? thought not.

your hard drive can contain things like personal information, real name, address, credit card numbers, passwords etc. not to mention your browsing history, installed programs and preferences which is a mine of information for marketers.

so if catching hackers on a video game is more important to you than that sort of information, go ahead. but you’re probably alone here.

sure all they want is to know everything bout you and the main thing AC-Tools doing is to steal your creditcard data and nudepix of you and/or your girlfriend!
take off your aluminium hat paranoid guy!

so why is everyone @ TF2 complaining about Aequitas?!
if it is real that bad and so much bugged why is ESL using it for there mainleague (CS and CS:S) with OVER9000 Players they are not complaining that much like the TF2 community (full of hackers maybe?!)

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from d2m

If you type your credit card number into ETF2L, it automatically hides it see:

xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx/xx xxx

Give it a try Gimpfen ;)

So glad you’re not an admin anymore!

Admin note, don’t flame.

BaNaNa

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

But why waste vast amounts of money on that? A speedhack or a super-obvious aimbot will take about 30 seconds of an admins time to confirm is a cheater. Heck, I’m sure 90% of the people in ETF2L could tell that.

Same amount of time to make a mistake. As Typhon said, ask Valve to not bring us some new shitty hats or new weapons that will be banned from competitions, ask for an Anti cheat who will catch obvisous cheaters and to not ban innocents…

Aequitas > ETF2L AC, as boomeh was caught by it and not by AC.

No cheaters in COD4 competition ? Punkbuster won…

kuma

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

sure all they want is to know everything bout you and the main thing AC-Tools doing is to steal your creditcard data and nudepix of you and/or your girlfriend!
take off your aluminium hat paranoid guy!

so why is everyone @ TF2 complaining about Aequitas?!
if it is real that bad and so much bugged why is ESL using it for there mainleague (CS and CS:S) with OVER9000 Players they are not complaining that much like the TF2 community (full of hackers maybe?!)

i like my tinfoil hat it provides insulation since i’m balding

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from BaNaNa

[…]

Same amount of time to make a mistake. As Typhon said, ask Valve to not bring us some new shitty hats or new weapons that will be banned from competitions, ask for an Anti cheat who will catch obvisous cheaters and to not ban innocents…

Aequitas > ETF2L AC, as boomeh was caught by it and not by AC.

No cheaters in COD4 competition ? Punkbuster won…

but but with an working AC noone can cheat anymore in TF2….
and also all our private data will be stolen from ETF2L if they develop a AC-Tool :(

Didrole

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Dblocker still takes information from your server without your knowledge and sends it to the guy that made it (Anakin’s French friend). Unsurprisingly, you’ll find nothing about that in the plugin instructions or on the website.

It’s impossible to trust a plugin that does something like that without your knowledge, since you’re giving it access to all sorts of data and you have no idea what it will be doing with it. Interestingly, there are even potential pitfalls with Data Protection, should you install this plugin on a community server. If it starts sending user/IP information to a 3rd party, you’re going to be in breach of a number of Data Protection laws (assuming you set yourselves up as an organisation of course.)

I would never install that plugin on any server that I run, nor would I ever trust anything that is created by Didrole.

I’m a bit tired of all your disinformation about DBlocker.
Yes DBlocker sends data to my server, I never tried to hide that.
It’s not in the instructions because it’s not a relevant information.
It sends to me some debugging informations that have been used several times to fix some incorrect kicks/detections.
If you are not ok with that, it’s fine, block dblocker.didrole.com with your firewall.

On a side note : did you know that steam / source engine sends crash dumps automatically to valve ? And it’s not in their instructions. You should not trust them.

kuma

Quoted from Didrole

[…]
It sends to me some debugging informations that have been used several times to fix some incorrect kicks/detections.
If you are not ok with that, it’s fine, block dblocker.didrole.com with your firewall.

On a side note : did you know that steam / source engine sends crash dumps automatically to valve ? And it’s not in their instructions. You should not trust them.

valve is valve. who the fuck are you?

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from kuma

[…]

valve is valve. who the fuck are you?

http://rob.nu/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/facepalm2.jpg

herpderp

DAKKA

One point I haven’t seen mentioned at all in this thread is how you will deal with people running TF2 on OSX if you’re planning on enforcing an anti cheat client?

X-Ray per example only offers support for the following operating systems :
* Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 3
* Windows Vista (32-bit) Service Pack 2
* Windows Vista (64-bit) Service Pack 2
* Windows 7 (32-bit)
* Windows 7 (64-bit)

Off the top of my head I can’t recall any anti-cheat client that has an OSX client (I could be wrong please correct me if I am).

Do you plan on allowing only people running Windows XP/Vista/7 to participate in the league? What happens to OSX players? Or people running TF2 in Wine on a Linux OS?

AnAkkk

Quoted from herpderp

One point I haven’t seen mentioned at all in this thread is how you will deal with people running TF2 on OSX if you’re planning on enforcing an anti cheat client?

X-Ray per example only offers support for the following operating systems :
* Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 3
* Windows Vista (32-bit) Service Pack 2
* Windows Vista (64-bit) Service Pack 2
* Windows 7 (32-bit)
* Windows 7 (64-bit)

Off the top of my head I can’t recall any anti-cheat client that has an OSX client (I could be wrong please correct me if I am).

Do you plan on allowing only people running Windows XP/Vista/7 to participate in the league? What happens to OSX players? Or people running TF2 in Wine on a Linux OS?

People running TF2 in Wine can use the Anticheat in Wine as well.
People playing on OSX can’t play.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]
People playing on OSX can’t play.

I’m personally not that fond of OSX or any apple related products, but I think it’s a bit of a stretch to tell people they can’t participate based on the OS some one is running.

I will give you the Wine thing, seeing as barely anything supports Wine fully. But I think it’s wrong to discriminate users based on the operating system they run.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

I’m personally not that fond of OSX or any apple related products, but I think it’s a bit of a stretch to tell people they can’t participate based on the OS some one is running.

I will give you the Wine thing, seeing as barely anything supports Wine fully. But I think it’s wrong to discriminate users based on the operating system they run.

I disagree! I think its perfectly fine to discriminate again pretencious mac faggots :D

Cek

7lives

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

I disagree! I think its perfectly fine to discriminate again pretencious mac faggots :D

/_\?

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Didrole

[…]

So that’s why when I first posted similar to the above, Anakin raged at me? Telling me that I was interfering with the collection of data. You know very well it saves IP addresses and similar from players and you have a record of them. Data that you should not be collecting.

He told me it does a lot more than even now you’re not admitting to. Why?

-16:54:21- ¹¹ºº Query with (AnAkIn`)/([email protected]) opened on (Friday, March 12th 2010, 16:54:21).
-16:54:21- º¹º¹ Total queries: (62)/(~15.9 per day)
-16:54:21- ¹ººº Queries today: (4)
-16:54:21- ¹¹¹¹ Common channels: (@#tf2.europe +#etf2l)
-16:54:21- ×——————————————- —– — — — — – –
-16:54:21-
-16:54:21- (AnAkIn`) hey
-16:54:29- (AnAkIn`) thanks for telling everybody about the dblocker logs
-16:54:41- (AnAkIn`) now people can try to find out how the logs are sent and fake them
-16:55:54- (D2M) no worries

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 31 Next »