Forum

Anti Cheat - What would you improve?

Created 8th March 2010 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 31 Next »

Quoted from Skyride

ESL Aequitas has contributed to literally like, a number of bans that I can count on a single hand in the entire history of TF2 in ESL.

Russians are considerably worse with Aequitas on.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Skyride

ESL Aequitas has contributed to literally like, a number of bans that I can count on a single hand in the entire history of TF2 in ESL.

Including the highest profile ban in the entire history of TF2.

Spicke

Quoted from Sturmis

[…]

Russians are considerably worse with Aequitas on.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/tf2/6on6/ems7_quali2/match/19566895/
http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season5/rankings/

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

We could just allow all aimbot/wallhack/triggerbot/etc in officials. Then it’s equal for everyone. And we don’t need an AC team anymore. And we can all move to div 1. Winn Winn.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from trams

Havent seen anyone complain about a serverside app, Dblocker doesnt do much but it prevents WH and speedhack at least http://dblocker.didrole.com/

If an organisation like ETF2L uses this, Im pretty sure that the maker of the program can be motivated/persuaded to develop it further.

Dblocker still takes information from your server without your knowledge and sends it to the guy that made it (Anakin’s French friend). Unsurprisingly, you’ll find nothing about that in the plugin instructions or on the website.

It’s impossible to trust a plugin that does something like that without your knowledge, since you’re giving it access to all sorts of data and you have no idea what it will be doing with it. Interestingly, there are even potential pitfalls with Data Protection, should you install this plugin on a community server. If it starts sending user/IP information to a 3rd party, you’re going to be in breach of a number of Data Protection laws (assuming you set yourselves up as an organisation of course.)

I would never install that plugin on any server that I run, nor would I ever trust anything that is created by Didrole.

Vad

Has anyone actually talked to Dblocker’s developer? Perhaps he can make an etf2l edition or something without sending any info to 3rd party.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

so the main reason why you dont like anticheat is your privacy????
what are you hidding?
your haxxx? then its a good point *lol*

every AC is an impact into privacy!!! ITS HOW IT WORKS OMG – it searches for your hidden haxxxx!!!

but happy hacking anyways.
maybe i should start hacking too cos noone cares bout it…

kuma

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

so the main reason why you dont like anticheat is your privacy????
what are you hidding?
your haxxx? then its a good point *lol*

every AC is an impact into privacy!!! ITS HOW IT WORKS OMG – it searches for your hidden haxxxx!!!

but happy hacking anyways.
maybe i should start hacking too cos noone cares bout it…

you must be a real easy target for identity theft seeing how you value your privacy. care to tell me your credit card number? thought not.

your hard drive can contain things like personal information, real name, address, credit card numbers, passwords etc. not to mention your browsing history, installed programs and preferences which is a mine of information for marketers.

so if catching hackers on a video game is more important to you than that sort of information, go ahead. but you’re probably alone here.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

If you type your credit card number into ETF2L, it automatically hides it see:

xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx/xx xxx

Give it a try Gimpfen ;)

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from d2m

If you type your credit card number into ETF2L, it automatically hides it see:

xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx/xx xxx

Give it a try Gimpfen ;)

*waits patiently with a pen and paper*

WildCard

Quoted from Skyride

ESL Aequitas has contributed to literally like, a number of bans that I can count on a single hand in the entire history of TF2 in ESL. On the other hand, there are div1 teams (and many others from all skill brackets) who have literally dropped out of ESL simply because of the problems it causes.

Quite frankly Jims, I’m sure you’re a perfectly nice but you (and Gimpfen) are posting absolute drivel about a subject that you have just absolutely no understanding of what-so-ever. Seriously, just leave it. You’re posting opinions, I’m posting facts that can be backed up by genuine objective proof if you really want to keep questioning what I’m saying.

You yoruself obviously have vey little understanding with regards to ESL/Aequitas and how many it has caught as unless your a rarther deformed individual you would not be able to count them all on one hand.

While it is true some people have experienced problems its also true that simply having it will deter x amout of cheats from even entering the leagues. And with a new and improved version on its way shortly many previous problems will not be an issue anymore. No it wont catch or deter all cheats but it is 1 more tool that can be used against them. Not to mention that fact that ESL does hold tournaments for hundred’s of other games not just tf2 so it isn’t simply designed to run alongside 1 game alone.

I have tried ESL wire recently on numerous occasions never once experienced fps drops or any other issue’s, and for those people who have why not make a support ticket and pass on that information to help solve the issue’s instead of simply moaning about something that will not be removed(not directed at anyone specifically)).

so :P +1 for anticheat imo ;)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Anti-cheat is fine as long as it doesn’t force me to dedicate one core to it.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from WildCard

[…]

You yoruself obviously have vey little understanding with regards to ESL/Aequitas and how many it has caught as unless your a rarther deformed individual you would not be able to count them all on one hand.

While it is true some people have experienced problems its also true that simply having it will deter x amout of cheats from even entering the leagues. And with a new and improved version on its way shortly many previous problems will not be an issue anymore. No it wont catch or deter all cheats but it is 1 more tool that can be used against them. Not to mention that fact that ESL does hold tournaments for hundred’s of other games not just tf2 so it isn’t simply designed to run alongside 1 game alone.

I have tried ESL wire recently on numerous occasions never once experienced fps drops or any other issue’s, and for those people who have why not make a support ticket and pass on that information to help solve the issue’s instead of simply moaning about something that will not be removed(not directed at anyone specifically)).

so :P +1 for anticheat imo ;)

Skyride only has Pointer and thumb pinkie.

WildCard

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Skyride only has Pointer and thumb pinkie.

That explains his dm ability then :D

AnAkkk

Quoted from Skyride

ESL Aequitas has contributed to literally like, a number of bans that I can count on a single hand in the entire history of TF2 in ESL. On the other hand, there are div1 teams (and many others from all skill brackets) who have literally dropped out of ESL simply because of the problems it causes.

What WildCard said + the ESL TF2 admin team on S1/2/3/4 of the League and EMS 2/3/4 has never enforced Aequitas on the players, so anyone could cheat and not use Aequitas and wouldn’t have to worry much. Can’t really catch them if they don’t use the Anticheat.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 31 Next »