Forum

Anti Cheat - What would you improve?

Created 8th March 2010 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 31 Next »

Pyle

When you find a cheater, propose him to following:

If you find 5 in cheaters in return ( who all participate @ etf2l ), and deliver the evidence to the AC team… when confirmed, we will dissolve your punnishment.

Or am I going nuts again ?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Pyle

When you find a cheater, propose him to following:

If you find 5 in cheaters in return ( who all participate @ etf2l ), and deliver the evidence to the AC team… when confirmed, we will dissolve your punnishment.

Or am I going nuts again ?

I’m not sure how well that would work. On one hand a cheater could easily have inside information on who is using what cheats and be able to identify them.

But then, do you trust a cheater?

I think the current way is sufficient enough(reducing your ban length by aiding the AC team with knowledge seems like a fair trade off for me). And I think completely dissolving punishment would go a bit too far seeing as cheating is pretty much all the way at the top for offenses.

kuma

http://www.esl.eu/eu/faq/cheater_essay/

Pyle

mwah,

he should give the evidence to the AC team, who in their turn make sure the evidence is proper. Releasing 1 cheater for 5 cheaters caught is a win, especially because the AC team knows they need to keep an eye on him.
And inside information and the knowledge of cheating would be an asset to the AC team.

It might not be a perfect solution… but it might be proper due the AC team having work enough nowdays.

Didrole

Quoted from d2m

So that’s why when I first posted similar to the above, Anakin raged at me?

AnAkIn is always raging and doesn’t represent me in any way.
Quoted from d2m

Telling me that I was interfering with the collection of data.

The logs can be easily faked, they have never intended to be secured in any way.
So people can register fakes detections / kicks in my logs.
Quoted from d2m

You know very well it saves IP addresses and similar from players and you have a record of them.

And I never said it didn’t.
It collects all the data that I consider necessary to investigate if it’s a bug or not :
– The type of detection cvar, NaN exploit , …
– The cvar that have triggered the detection + its value (only if it’s a cvar infraction obviously).
– The player name / steamid / ip that have triggered the detection so I can see quickly if the eventual bug is widespreaded or very specific
– The servername to find the server and see if any installed plugin can have interfered

Data that you should not be collecting.

That’s your point of view.
I need to debug my plugin and this is the best way to do it.

If you think that I use these data for others purpose like I don’t know make a giant ban list, it’s not my intension and that’s not even possible because these data are unreliable.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

The fact that you’re storing personally identifiable information for each user without informing them is bad enough. What you choose to tell people you’re doing with it, is up to you, and then it’s up to the individual to believe you or not.

Assuming your dedicated servers are in France, then they’re going to be covered under the French Data Protection Act 1978.

Legally, if you want to keep information about a user, their ip address etc, you will need to register with: Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (French Data Protection Authority). I imagine you haven’t done so, might be worth thinking about :)

In essence, the whole point of my continued hatred of your plugin is because of all the mistruths and sneaky shit you’re doing behind people’s back. You have no right to collect people’s IP addresses, Steam IDs etc without the EXPLICIT permission of the user involved. Obviously this cannot be obtained individually, so it would be done on a per server basis where the user agrees that by joining the server dblocker will keep personally identifiable information on file.

Until you implement this and make it clear on your website, I will continue to speak out about it. I find you a deceitful little man.

Chaos

argh, d2m is too good at this

/pwnd

BaNaNa

“Anti Cheat – What would you improve?” : topic’s name.

Collecting IPs is now allowed in France. =)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from d2m

wall of text

A law against owning a list of addresses? lolwut? Ban DNS servers now!

ETF2L needs a PM system so these kind of personal vendettas can be kept out of the forums :<

Dummy

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

sure all they want is to know everything bout you and the main thing AC-Tools doing is to steal your creditcard data and nudepix of you and/or your girlfriend!
take off your aluminium hat paranoid guy!

so why is everyone @ TF2 complaining about Aequitas?!
if it is real that bad and so much bugged why is ESL using it for there mainleague (CS and CS:S) with OVER9000 Players they are not complaining that much like the TF2 community (full of hackers maybe?!)

aeq was made for cs/css primarily
it has never been modified in anyway to help stability in tf2

Dummy

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

A law against owning a list of addresses? lolwut? Ban DNS servers now!

ETF2L needs a PM system so these kind of personal vendettas can be kept out of the forums :<

DNS servers are probably registered, i suppose

AnAkkk

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
aeq was made for cs/css primarily
it has never been modified in anyway to help stability in tf2

Aeq just work in CSS as it works in TF2.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from d2m

The fact that you’re storing personally identifiable information for each user without informing them is bad enough. What you choose to tell people you’re doing with it, is up to you, and then it’s up to the individual to believe you or not.

Assuming your dedicated servers are in France, then they’re going to be covered under the French Data Protection Act 1978.

Legally, if you want to keep information about a user, their ip address etc, you will need to register with: Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (French Data Protection Authority). I imagine you haven’t done so, might be worth thinking about :)

In essence, the whole point of my continued hatred of your plugin is because of all the mistruths and sneaky shit you’re doing behind people’s back. You have no right to collect people’s IP addresses, Steam IDs etc without the EXPLICIT permission of the user involved. Obviously this cannot be obtained individually, so it would be done on a per server basis where the user agrees that by joining the server dblocker will keep personally identifiable information on file.

Until you implement this and make it clear on your website, I will continue to speak out about it. I find you a deceitful little man.

i bet while posting on this forum your IP Adress is stored in the database.
i also bet by visiting the page your IP Adress is stored somewhere for collecting statistics of how many visitors this site has.
btw: when you connect on a TF2 server your SteamID, IP Adress, Nickname,…. are stored in the server logs!!!!!
OMFG WTF BBQ

did you agree this?!
dont be dumb and think you are totaly anonymous in the internet.
every site you visit stores information bout you….
WELCOME TO THE INTERNETZ !!!

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from WildCard

You yoruself obviously have vey little understanding with regards to ESL/Aequitas

I do know that it’s written in a programming language that doesn’t even have raw memory access. Its like trying to do paper craft with safety scissors.

I have tried ESL wire recently on numerous occasions never once experienced fps drops or any other issue’s

Lucky you. That’s pretty anecdotal.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

i bet while posting on this forum your IP Adress is stored in the database.
i also bet by visiting the page your IP Adress is stored somewhere for collecting statistics of how many visitors this site has.
btw: when you connect on a TF2 server your SteamID, IP Adress, Nickname,…. are stored in the server logs!!!!!
OMFG WTF BBQ

did you agree this?!
dont be dumb and think you are totaly anonymous in the internet.
every site you visit stores information bout you….
WELCOME TO THE INTERNETZ !!!

The very fact that you have shown you have zero idea of what I was talking about doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.

I was talking about the situation from a Data Controller side and the implications storing that data had on him.

Congrats on completely missing the point and being even more of a retard than you normally are though pal :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 31 Next »