Forum

Forum - Looking for PCW

Created 4th August 2009 @ 08:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

im just gonna buy klu a big strong ladder to shut him up ; ))

thanks honey

Meyer

IsF
G9

+1 those russian mixes..

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I don’t see why people are dead against it really. Make an extra forum for it, ignore it if you don’t want it.

This probably helps actually for teams trying to practise the maps upcoming in their league games as well, as it’s happened a few too many times where i’ve grabbed a game and the team is like “no, we don’t want to play freight, go badlands” ¬_¬

I used to try arrange PCWs days in advance, was able to look at opponents, pick ones I knew we’d have a good match against – as opposed to some overrating/underrating team from IRC.

I’d say most use will come of this when the league starts up again and people want to schedule warm-up matches.

Shyguy

+1 to this idea

It would save me a lot of time

eoN^

Why not just make a #etf2l.pcw or something? Make it only for teams that play in ETF2L, that way you could easily organise it by division maybe even implement a skill level system based on division but of course allow teams to say they are looking for a harder / easier game.

Could even break all divisions into 3 to close the skill gap… (I mean like div1+ div1 div- (for example, i know it wouldnt really work for div1)

But yeah make commands like
!pcw
!mix
Division being the average of all the players so if its got 3 div4s and 3 div2s its gonna be a div3 mix.

So you would say like
!pcw aG cp_badlands on +
if you wanted a challenge or – for skill if your having a bad day etc…

I think it could work :X but would take a bit of effort to code a bot etc but im willing to bet if the league admins worked together it wouldnt take long and it would remove the whole finding mixes idea. Also ive noticed alot of teams who play mixes etc and they have 1 or 2 div1/2s and they are a mid- team and they search mid-/low+ its rather depressing when your actually in a mid- mix or a low+ mix and you get rolled because some twats want an ego boost because they could just say +…

Jones

-1 to eon’s idea

eoN^

-1 to eon’s idea

Well explain why then :P useless to just go +1 / -1.

Well apart from posts +++

Norrland3000

I think it would be easier to contact TEAMS in your division for weekly practice matches?
Just check who is in the division you want to play against and speak to the teamleader.

Don´t think we need a forum for that, but sure could work also.

nubonamission

burn

LF 6v6 20 & 21:15 CET Wednesday Mid+/High

Jones

The reason being Eon:

There is something similar already around. It’s an IRC bot that messages different IRC channels with information regarding games.

Secondly, you would need to be present to book a game.

The reason I like the forum idea, is because I can do exactly what Nubonamission did above, leave a little more information like my server ip, maps we choose etc. Then I can go afk and I will have organised a game spending exactly 2 mins online. You can book games while afk. As opposed to idling on IRC waiting for someone to PM you.

Thanatos

I think it would be easier to contact TEAMS in your division for weekly practice matches?
Just check who is in the division you want to play against and speak to the teamleader.

Don´t think we need a forum for that, but sure could work also.

It’s summer and you are gonna spend the whole day idling in the other clan channel to arrange the game.

Isn’t easy to leave a msg in a forum and get a reply from who really wanna play against you without lossing any time?

+ 1 to Jones point of view :)

Awx

InsertCoin

Very good idea.

+1

Gaarulf

UP|

Good idea

Gaz

TPS

Great idea..

gniedler