Forum

ETF2L Highlander Season 8 Feedback Thread

Created 8th March 2015 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 Next »

.zero

-chess-

On what base are the maps in the current pool chosen over others?

Suggestions flowing out of feedback threads, feedback group, playtesting. The final decision is drawn after the last meeting with the final feedback group.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from skyro

[…]

He’s talking about premier teams possibly garnering an advantage over other premiership teams due to the order of which a fixture is generated. If the 2 best teams in premier face off, but only 1 team has to worry about strategizing for 2 weeks in a row, and the other team has 2 weeks to strategize for only 1 team, the advantage is obvious.

Pretty much. We may as well all be subjected to swiss.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Only one person out of the prem feedback group didn’t want beggars banned (fucking Hartz), UGCs already banned it and the the feedback threads seemed to favour a ban too. What’s the reason it didn’t get banned?

quintosh

wL.

ask for feedback and then not read anything about it – sounds like a classic to me

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

Only one person out of the prem feedback group didn’t want beggars banned (fucking Hartz), UGCs already banned it and the the feedback threads seemed to favour a ban too. What’s the reason it didn’t get banned?

that’s not true??

Fuxx

REMOVE

“let’s not complain about an unlock for many seasons up until the point in which a single person masters it and finds new ways to wreck people”

do we really need to go through this again

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

that’s not true??

Nobody else spoke up in defense of it except for Hartz. It’s why it got banned for the cup.

Quoted from Fuxx

“let’s not complain about an unlock for many seasons up until the point in which a single person masters it and finds new ways to wreck people”

do we really need to go through this again

Beggars has been banned before and people have wanted it kept that way for a long time. It’s not like Hartz was the first person to abuse it he’s just the guy currently known for doing it.

You can jump from outside the enemies sight-lines and land on people with multiple rockets, Hartz didn’t invent suicide plays.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Nobody else spoke up in defense of it except for Hartz. It’s why it got banned for the cup.

I brought up it’s weaknesses on the flank for example

it was just because the ones who were crying about the weapon were the loudest ones

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

I brought up it’s weaknesses on the flank for example

it was just because the ones who were crying about the weapon were the loudest ones

Whats with the “crying”, I seem to remember you being pretty flustered that you were the only person asking for the spycicle to be banned.

Also the reason I thought it should be banned wasn’t because it was a weapon you should run 24/7. Whenever you need to make a suicide play its a straight upgrade and allows somebody with a little bit of practice to be able to fly through the air at high speed from an unseen position and do 150+ damage before you can react.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Whats with the “crying”, I seem to remember you being pretty flustered that you were the only person asking for the spycicle to be banned.

Yeah I know lol, but don’t say that nobody other than hartz didn’t want it banned, because that’s not true.

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Love how you always just talk about hartz, completely not giving a shit about any other div than prem.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Beggars has been banned before and people have wanted it kept that way for a long time. It’s not like Hartz was the first person to abuse it he’s just the guy currently known for doing it.

You can jump from outside the enemies sight-lines and land on people with multiple rockets, Hartz didn’t invent suicide plays.

Beggars was banned because it was broken iirc and it was later fixed

If we’re going to ban revolutionary unlocks then can we ban the wrangler due to how overused it is for defensive engineering?? No, of course not because it is an integral part of highlander payload meta, even though it is blatantly overpowered when compared to the pistol. Beggars does change the meta, that’s true, but it is a type of change we should welcome, as the overall HL meta is still not quite there yet.

I’m more and more starting to lean towards enabling all unlocks (including the horribly broken short-circuit) for the sake of finally achieving a proper HL meta equilibrium and also becoming more true to Valve’s game, shitty and retarded as it may be when unconstrained. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from S@GA

Love how you always just talk about hartz, completely not giving a shit about any other div than prem.

thats because other divisions dont understand the game mechanics and strategies as mch

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from S@GA

Balancing is top down. If balancing decisions were taken based on open complaints it increases chances that, that decision was made without the fullest of knowledge and competence currently on offer.

Not that anything other than prem is irrelevant for discussion but they carry significantly more weight due to the implicit understanding that they are more capable and thus better positioned to make an informed contribution.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 Next »