Forum

ETF2L Highlander Season 8 Feedback Thread

Created 8th March 2015 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 15 Next »

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]
If we’re going to ban revolutionary unlocks then can we ban the wrangler due to how overused it is for defensive engineering??

Again, the reason I think it should be banned isn’t because its “revolutionary”, it isn’t. The way you play it is very simple and people were abusing it like this back in S9 UGC (Muuki had a bit of a reputation for doing the same thing back then). Where it excels it is nigh on uncounterable in the hands of a soldier who knows what he’s doing. Where it doesn’t excel, he simply won’t use it.

Shadowburn was by far the best player of the season and nobody is clamoring for a black box or conch ban even though he wrecked teams using those at times.

If you think all weapons should be unlocked then cool, obviously the admins don’t agree with that so I’m wondering what their reasons are for the decisions they did make?

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Spycy

TC.Express

do you mean mangler

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

If you think all weapons should be unlocked then cool, obviously the admins don’t agree with that so I’m wondering what their reasons are for the decisions they did make?

Honestly a lot of the decisions admins make are really confusing and counter-intuitive to me as well, which I can only blame at a lack of proper transparency.

Anyways, I scrimmed Fair-Enough a few times last season with my old team and the only map in which we were really demolished by Beggar Bazooka shenanigans was Lakeside, which was removed. In every other map it wasn’t really a big deal, I mean sure we weren’t used to it and it was very strange but it was still Highlander as we knew it and we just had to fix some things here and there.

That said we still did beat them once. Blooddrunk and overall team cohesion + finetuning is what made so strong. Hartz did a very good role, but so did everyone else and that’s what made us lose every other match. I don’t see why or how it is necessary to ban Beggars even after having played against its master.

Last edited by Fuxx,

uubers

gg
gandhi is

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]

Shadowburn was by far the best player of the season and nobody is clamoring for a black box or conch ban even though he wrecked teams using those at times.

imagine shadowburn with beggars bazooka 0.0

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

“WAAAAAAAHHH the weapon i don’t like isn’t banned i don’t like this one bit” emilio estevez 2015

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Swiss System doesn’t work with 8 teams (you’ll be playing all 7 teams still so how would it be different to round robin anyway?), and prem/high/mid/open tables can’t be on the same page because they are two different types – Swiss and Round Robin.

Goreston

Is the reasoning behind the weapon bans available anywhere? I know a couple of the banned weapons are bugged, and Pomson and Vitasaw are as obvious as ever, but in light of the Loch ‘n’ Load being allowed, it seems like a straight increase in damage for no real downside is no longer a reason to ban a weapon, which makes me wonder why the Reserve Shooter and the Enforcer are still banned.

Now if you’ll excuse me, having argued in favour of the Reserve Shooter and the Enforcer, I have to go and vomit profusely.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Maybe having less than 300ms to every EU server would help out 8)

RTC

Back when I used to play competitive Pokemon, there were threads set up by specific tier leaders known as “suspect discussions”, where users would debate amongst themselves whether a specific Pokemon was broken in its respective tier. After some discussion, the tier leaders would make a decision based on feedback, whether it be an instant ban, instant no ban or leaving it to a vote for the best players in the tier (the latter of which occurred most of the time).

The beauty of it is that it allows everyone to share their thoughts on the select weapon, whereas only players with a high amount of experience make the decision on whether the weapon should stay or go. Depending on the amount of solid reasoning in the thread for EITHER opinion, other users could qualify for a vote on the matter.

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from Goreston

Is the reasoning behind the weapon bans available anywhere? I know a couple of the banned weapons are bugged, and Pomson and Vitasaw are as obvious as ever, but in light of the Loch ‘n’ Load being allowed, it seems like a straight increase in damage for no real downside is no longer a reason to ban a weapon, which makes me wonder why the Reserve Shooter and the Enforcer are still banned.

Now if you’ll excuse me, having argued in favour of the Reserve Shooter and the Enforcer, I have to go and vomit profusely.

This post basically nails everything I felt wrong with the current bans. You are dictating the strengths of classes by which weapons you ban.

Loch-n-load is a direct upgrade and demomen who don’t use it will put their team at a disadvantage. You can call that hyperbole but I saw it happen in NA plat scrims preseason. If you think that is okay then fine but why are weapons like the enforcer, reserve shooter, pocket boys pocket pistol and crit-a-cola banned? These weapons aren’t banned because they are functionally broken but because they were an upgrade on stock or give spikes of damage that was thought to be broken. In exactly the same way people think that the Loch-n-load and Beggars are too strong and give spikes of damage that is broken.

There is just something kind of frustrating about it all. These bans actually change the way highlander is played. You only have to see the different way NA and EU HL teams treat their scouts (partly due to the PBPP) to see how that can happen.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

The Swiss System does work with 8 teams, some of the benefits of the system do not matter of course because you play everyone anyway, however, it works. As for what’s the difference, I gave an example of the difference.

Raelyn

:Blinky:

Unban everything and have great fun games of uber draining, one shotting, super speed scout shenanigans. Am sure we’ll have the best time.

Why stop there? Let’s put random crits back on for everything unlocked whitelists. Now the game itself decides which team will win, not the players. It’s fine, we’ll adjust B)

In lieu of more butthurt, I disagree with Beggars and Loch n Load unlocks for reasons stated above. Fine, you can argue for beggars (though imo it still should be gone because of the ridiculousness of insta-gibbing meds), but there is no reason that Loch n Load should be allowed. It’s a direct upgrade, and if that is apparently fine then please unban everything else that’s a direct upgrade.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from b33p

The Swiss System does work with 8 teams, some of the benefits of the system do not matter of course because you play everyone anyway, however, it works. As for what’s the difference, I gave an example of the difference.

Only difference is the in-form teams meet eachother after a couple of weeks.

Potentially a good thing, but in the long run it doesn’t matter too much. You’re only as good as you are on the day.

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Admins could unban Pomson if they wanted to, it’d fuck up the uber meta game but it’d mean we all learn a new meta game. That’s all. Then we’d be thniking about “oh shit how do we counter the Engi sucking our uber away?” and thus, new gameplay is born.

Good or bad? I don’t know, most will be against it but we’d either have to adjust or get left behind. You can change the meta very easily, only reason the admins keep these weapons banned is people don’t want to see it in their version of comp TF2. I can live without these weapons in the game, but I also see it is as a cop out by players.

Admit it, you’re copping out. Bring on the Beggars and Hartz jumping on my Medic, we ain’t scared.

Well, idk if i would call it copping out. The reason for banning unlocks can also be to preserve class balance, to create gameplay based more on mechanical skill, or to create a game thats fun to play as every class.

If i was in charge i would start banning unlocks rather then allowing more, but luckily that aint the case ;)

Last edited by Tom Spillfat,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

Well, idk if i would call it copping out. The reason for banning unlocks can also be to preserve class balance, to create gameplay based more on mechanical skill, or to create a game thats fun to play as every class.

If i was in charge i would start banning unlocks rather then allowing more, but luckily that aint the case ;)

Go to any games logs.
Order classes by damage.
Tell me this game is balanced for every class.

It isn’t…banning unlocks that makes them balanced… or unbanning them. Won’t change much, but it will change the meta and that is a new challenge. I’d Rather face up than come here and whine to an admin I hate unlock x.

…fuck it I say we unban pomson and short circuit, I want to see pocket engies running in combos, or defensive engies denying Beggars bazooka’s. Sounds shit to most but its different and we’d all get used to the unlocks after a while.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 15 Next »