Forum

[ETF2L] Experimental HL Cup #6 Questions & Feedback

Created 22nd February 2015 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8

Falcon0408

Quoted from S@GA

Ban

100%
literally got sniped as scout with like 110hp from across sunshine mid, disgusting weapon

Last edited by Falcon0408,

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

On the other hand, with a normal pipe you would have been 10hp and thus pretty useless a well.

Not defending LnL, just trying to consider different angles

ElazulTF2

It was nice, should be way more often and more casted in lower tiers as well.

Sunshine is definately starting to become a solid choice for competitive plays, it’s very fast paced and looks a lot like Process. Could be a standard map after few updates.

Warmtic is meeeh. Actually no, it’s bad. Just like Arctic it lacks props, there is litterally no hidding spots, it’s great for 6v6 maybe but for spies it’s litterally cancer, you just cannot be original on this map. Needs a serious rework on the props side at least.

Keikoku is very special to me now. Let me explain why.
It brings finally something new and fresh to highlander. It’s a very wide open map like Upward, with a lot of different options and bridges and different high and low spots. It takes a while to cap just like Steel, making it kind of hard for teams that just want to go in with pure DM. So many props and different spots for every class to go/hide/jump on.
It’s just a fresh new look at competitive maps in Highlander without having the same crap over and over. This map might need a couple more reworks but we need to see it again in following seasons.

Tuffy

pd!

Don’t ban loch-n-load. Loch n load is powerful but bring many cons to the demo:
-No rolling pipes, so that means that if you miss the direct, you miss. No more little -30 to finish someone with a roller.
-Needs skill: Yeah, it’s op, but put it on the hand of a noob and he will sometimes hit, and miss all the rest of the time. Every weapon in the hand of a good player is powerful. The opposite can be the flamethrower. You put it in the hand of a new player and he will rush in with it, and will do at least one frag every time, because the weapon is powerful without skill needed. The loch n load needs practice.
-Only 3 pipes. People can say “yeah, 3 pipes, but it’s 360 dmg per clip, it’s op…”. Even in prem you won’t find someone who can hit all the 3 pipes every times he fires. The stock pipe launcher got that advantage that if you miss one you have more pipes to fire without reloading.

I think that is enough to say that the LnL isn’t op. Of course he got a bonus of fire rate/speed projectile and dmg, but otherwise this weapon would be totally useless. Add the fact that you need wayy more aim than the stock pipe launcher and you got a balanced weapon.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Xigma

Warmtic is probably the best out of 3, but it’s sniper-friendly. But still it was pretty good.

Every Koth map is sniper friendly because they usually don’t really have flanks and just 1 point to focus on.

Quoted from Tuffy

-Needs skill: Yeah, it’s op, but put it on the hand of a noob and he will sometimes hit, and miss all the rest of the time.

The thing is,in higher divisions people aren’t noobs sometimes hitting and missing thus making it op. IMO LnL would be viable if the projectile speed wouldn’t be so fast, but now you can just snipe people to pretty long distance

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Stop banning unlocks.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

free the shortcurcuit.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

What about unbanning the Cleaver?

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from Hildreth

Stop banning unlocks.

Popcorp

Hanz (the creator of Arctic) is friends with Kkaltuu, Warmtic confirmed guys :^)

aura

what people need to understand is that sunshine is not likely to be remade because it’s created for comp 6v6 and not for pubs

cheers

Last edited by aura,

sad-panda

Thanks to the admins for setting it up. Was a fun cup and went very smooth :) I know there was a few teams that got put in brackets they didn’t want to be in but i guess its hard to please everyone.

Maybe if the future if there are teams in a higher bracket then they want to be in they could be drawn together to make it a bit more fair ?

Lock n load. As a heavy i don’t really spend to much time worrying about what load outs and stuff people are using. I can see why some people want it banned as one decent hit with it can pretty much destroy a lot of classes. My main issue with it i seen a lot of demos just spamming it randomly hoping to get a lucky hit on the medic.

So if its is allowed i will feel sorry for the medics. A skilled solly bombing a medic followed up with a demo using lock n load would be pretty damn hard to counter.

Map wise they was all fun to play on in a one off cup.

I don’t mind sunshine its a solid enough map but it seems too much like process so having them both in one season would be a bit meh. The one issue i have with the map i think the wall behind the last point makes defending last far too easy.

keikoku was fun for a 1 off game and was fun having a map that is a bit different from the normal maps we play but i can’t see many other teams or players liking it that much or wanting to practice it. With a few tweaks and stuff could be a good map to have in a ugc season but not really a etf2l map.

Warmtic was a okay map but nothing special and i much prefer ashville as a koth map but warmtic would be the one i choose out the 3

Bob Bami

no ban. I really enjoyed playing demo with the loch n load. comparing to the normal GL it’s a little better IMO. It made me enjoy demo a lot more since the horrible nerf of the demo.
And it’s really satisfying hearing those low pitch hitsound again :)
And yes if the weapon is in the hands of a good player it will be powerfull. but i still see most demo’s using normal grenades cuz of the rollers. rollers aren’t only used for outputting damage. it’s also used for just checking if there’s and enemy or no

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8