[ETF2L] Experimental HL Cup #6 Questions & Feedback

Created 22nd February 2015 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Hello gamers,

this topic is supposed to be the platform for all your questions and your feedback regarding the upcoming cup announced today (check http://etf2l.org/2015/02/22/announcing-experimental-highlander-one-night-cup-6/ ).

We would love if you would give us serious and helpful information on how you felt these maps played out after the Cupnight. To keep the comment section of the announcement post clean, please go ahead and ask your questions in here.

(:

.zero

-chess-

Why Saturday?

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Why is the Guillotine for Scout banned?
Why is Loch’n Load still unbanned?
Already talked with you about the choice of putting cp_keikoku_rc2 into the pool.
Final statement about beggars being banned? Also #RIPHartz and #fuckHartz

Popcorp

#RIPHartz and #fuckHartz

Larath

/gE/
GoodE

Quoted from Raptor

Already talked with you about the choice of putting cp_keikoku_rc2 into the pool.
Final statement about beggars being banned? Also #RIPHartz and #fuckHartz

all of this, its cause of hyz frag movie isn’t it?!

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from .zero

Why Saturday?

Because Sunday-Thursday are 6v6 s20 matchdays and some staffmembers cannot make friday. That leaves saturday.

Quoted from Raptor

The whitelist was made by admins together with prem teamleaders. It is merely a draft of what we may use for season 8. Most of the players involved in the discussion seemed to think that the cleaver itself is not a problem, but the combo with the sandman is very annoying to play against. It was pretty much either ban cleaver or sandman, and we decided not to take the stun, but the 1-shot of lighter classes out of the game for now.

The Loch-and-Load didn´t get a lot of playtime yet in Highlander after its buff. We are specifically looking forward to feedback for that weapon, it is definetly on out radar!

This is an experimental cup afterall, so why not experiment a little? (:

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from DCS

The whitelist was made by admins together with prem teamleaders. It is merely a draft of what we may use for season 8. Most of the players involved in the discussion seemed to think that the cleaver itself is not a problem, but the combo with the sandman is very annoying to play against. It was pretty much either ban cleaver or sandman, and we decided not to take the stun, but the 1-shot of lighter classes out of the game for now.

Guillotine was something that wasn’t a regular HL scout meta thing and actually provided something different and good which never is a bad thing when there are more unlocks being added to the 6v6 whitelist as well.
Direct Hit was still allowed in 6v6 whitelist too even if many complained it to be annoying while it requires some amount of skill to hit with it, but Guillotine is annoying too in the same way and still requires even some skill to hit with it when you’re on the run. Why is Direct Hit not banned from 6v6 then if Guillotine is banned from HL?

I know that comparing 2 different gamemodes together isn’t a good example of how to say why should some weapon still be allowed to be used, but weapons shouldn’t be banned because they are annoying, and Guillotine isn’t even far too overpowered to need a ban.

There are many weapons that are still allowed and they are annoying too, why not ban them as well?

Popcorp

The only Scout in Prem that used Sandman + Cleaver combo full-time was Jwso afaik, just because 1 Scout knows how to use it, doesn’t give you a right to ban it, same for Beggars, only Hartz knew how to use it in Prem.

Cleaver/Sandman and Beggars would be annoying if everyone would’ve used it, but the decision to ban Cleaver after many many seasons is quite biased, no one complained about that weapon until Jwso came into Prem :^)

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

Why is Direct Hit not banned from 6v6 then if Guillotine is banned from HL?

Not only are these different gamemodes, but different people decided what to unlock for the current 6v6 season. I suggest you talk to a 6v6 admin why DH got unlocked.

Fuxx

REMOVE

“we want valve to take competitive more seriously”
“the only way to do it is if we incorporate the elements of the actual game they made”

**bans non-broken unlocks only 1 or 2 people mained from HL

…?

Quoted from Fuxx

“we want valve to take competitive more seriously”
“the only way to do it is if we incorporate the elements of the actual game they made”

**bans non-broken unlocks only 1 or 2 people mained from HL

…?

Like allowing retarded dumb trader guns would make valve take competitive more seriously.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from yak

[…]

Like allowing retarded dumb trader guns would make valve take competitive more seriously.

cleaver banned
beggars bazooka banned

In a gamemode that is already supposed to allow pretty much everything

…?

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from DCS

[…]

Not only are these different gamemodes, but different people decided what to unlock for the current 6v6 season. I suggest you talk to a 6v6 admin why DH got unlocked.

More likely I meant that it’s not a good reason to ban weapons based on how annoying they are, DH wasn’t banned in 6v6 even if it was annoying to many people, Cleaver is banned now assuming only some people in prem found out that Cleaver is annoying to play against just because someone uses it and differs from the meta that all the others scouts did.

I don’t care about DH being banned or not, but I’d want to hear more input about why is Cleaver banned then other than “it was annoying lol”, or that it oneshot a Medic when he was stunned and made him drop.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Sniper is light class and most rifles can do 1shot kills,besides being really annoying to play against if used well. I would suggest to allow only huntsman and sydneysleeper thus taking away the quick 1shot ability.
Not to mention with sandman+quillotine you have to hit 2 projectiles skilfully while as sniper you need to hit 1 and the cooldown in it is shorter.

Rip jwso though

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I don’t think the guillotine ban is solely based on the fact that it can one shot in combination with the sandman.
I personally always thought that sandman and cleaver are kind of stupid because of the long range ability which the scout isn’t supposed to have.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »