Forum

[ETF2L] Experimental HL Cup #6 Questions & Feedback

Created 22nd February 2015 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

Tuffy

pd!

keikoku is ebolaids
last too long to cap, first very hard to defend, too many snipelines…

Last edited by Tuffy,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Keikoku was a really bad experience though, so many sniper sightlines and hard to defend with all the flank routes all around the map.

Not that there’s any problem with having flank routes in general, but they’re all around the map and it’s a really confusing map too, not a good choice for the season unlike Sunshine and Warmtic which were great.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

I didnt really like sunshine because its so stalematey, also we dont need another 5cp map
Keikoku was interesting, dont know what to think about it, but im more at the negative end
i liked warmtic, also it could replace reservoir for a good koth map :)

keikoku ís shit
warmtic and sunshine are both decent

Jaakarhu

sunshine and warmtic were ok, would like to see them again

keikoku was aids because too many sniperlines

Useless

TC.Noobas

Cup was overall fun, only keikouokou (w/e it’s name is) was a bit weird. Way too sniper friendly for my liking.

Toast

WEED
S-O

keikoku is just a broken map.

Sunshine and warmtic are pretty decent. But please dont add more CP maps

RTC

I think Sunshine is probably a better alternative to Gullywash, but is most probably inferior to Process.

Keikoku is hilariously bad.

Warmtic is pretty solid, and I’d really enjoy to see it as a viable replacement of Reservoir for next season.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

We could also look at the finals map choices as only in one bracket a team wanted to play Keikoku over Sunshine, while in all 9 other brackets Sunshine was the first choice.

Clearly it’s easy to see that Keikoku was not favored to be played anymore by most for a second time and most likely will stay like that until it will get major changes.

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

Might it be an idea for next cup to have the losers play against eachother on the next maps? It’s kinda lame to prepare for 3 maps and keep your time free for an evening of gaming, but because you lost the first map you don’t get to play anything else. Sure, you can’t win anymore, but at least you get to play some more games then.

Last edited by Forty-Two,

Quoted from Forty-Two

Might it be an idea for next cup to have the losers play against eachother on the next maps? It’s kinda lame to prepare for 3 maps and keep your time free for an evening of gaming, but because you lost the first map you don’t get to play anything else. Sure, you can’t win anymore, but at least you get to play some more games then.

We wanted to have a One Night Cup with grand finals. Hence the decision not to make group stages.

Max

Fusion

The maps had 1 thing in common: They all were a sniper heaven.

As a combo class, sunshine is a bit enjoyable when you know what you are doing. But there are sooo many obnoxious sniper sightlines on mid it makes me puke. The fact that a demo can be sniped when he is on choke just doesn’t cut it. It makes holding 2nd even harder.

No offence to the map maker but there are lots of stuff you need to change on keikoku. Our fun team found a really broken sentry spot that is near impossible to destroy when you are trying to do a forward hold on first. Scratch that, there is actually a possibility to reach on top of 2nd as an engineer which just makes cheeky plays like building an tele exit behind enemy combo much more possible.

warmtic was probably the best and sadly the least played in the map pool. It still doesn’t mean it should be a strong contender in etf2l next season though. Soldiers and snipers will be incredibly annoying, plus it encourages the team that holds the point to hold really passive instead of holding forward which just makes the game boring.

Also one minor complaint about the cup itself. I wonder what were the admins thinking when they decided to put a team with 5 d3 players in the lowest bracket.

Last edited by Max,

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Random question:

I assume most demos ran loch-n-load in the cup.

Ban or no ban? Curious to see what you guys think.

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Ban

Xigma

So, the cup was very fun to play. When it ended, we’re all were so exhausted. I couldn’t even think and speak properly :D
As for maps, imho, they all were pretty decent.
Keikoku is REALLY large. Like, huge. Takes lots of time to cap points, rooms are wide. Only one root to push to last. If you cut out like 1/2 or 3/4 of map, it will be playable.
Sunshine was pretty good, but this exit on the bottom of 2nd point pisses me off. And last point is large too.
Warmtic is probably the best out of 3, but it’s sniper-friendly. But still it was pretty good.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »