Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
Let’s play dustbowl and goldrush then.

You realise that the main reason those two maps are avoided is not because one team is in a significant advantage but because they are multi-stage maps and can take very, very long?

unu

It was played in this ugc season, it received little negative responses compared to other custom maps which were mostly terrible.

Arctic is poorly optimized, until they make Warmtic I don’t want this. Snow on ground > 9fps.

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

what is the point about pro maps?
viaduct is a lot better than viaduct pro, noone needs barnblitz_pro, swiftwater_ugc is just normal swiftwater with UGC banner….

i would replace steel with barnblitz and gullywash with gravelpit

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

noone needs barnblitz_pro

o.O
have you ever played it? or barnblitz?

Kaneco

Would prefer viaduct_pro instead of swiftwater, other than that looks good!

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

[…]
Let’s play dustbowl and goldrush then.

[…]
Every symmetric map has some asymmetry, on viaduct you can jump on the bridge where teles usually are and on the cliff easier from one of the sides, on granary jumping on the second forward spawn is easier for one of the teams, and one of the teams has a better initial spawn, we can simply ban climbing by the cliff (lol) or do what ugc did, switch team colors on symmetric maps, but cmon, that isn’t a serious balancing issue, it’s like removing badwater because you can put buildings in the spawn.

[…]
It was played in this ugc season, it received little negative responses compared to other custom maps which were mostly terrible.

As CanFo said, Dustbowl/Goldrush are not discarded due to being easy to defend. They’re ignored due to the time taken to play.

Are you seriously comparing jumping back up to 2nd spawn in Granary with jumping on the cliff on Viaduct? First, jumping back up to the 2nd spawn in granary has NO uses, there is no resupply cabinet in there and you cant change class. Secondly, control of the cliff has a big impact on Viaduct, jumping onto the 2nd spawn in Granary has no impact whatsoever. Again, spawns hardly make much of a difference.

Maybe that’s true, but do you see many of those custom maps in the Map Pool? I only see Swiftwater which is now a standard in the UGC seasons and generally liked.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

what is the point about pro maps?
viaduct is a lot better than viaduct pro, noone needs barnblitz_pro, swiftwater_ugc is just normal swiftwater with UGC banner….

i would replace steel with barnblitz and gullywash with gravelpit

Viaduct pro is better because the sniper lines have been nerfed considerably, which was one of the major complaints about koth_viaduct.

Barnblitz_pro is better because the last point is less chokey, and the doesn’t take forever at the turntable anymore.

Thats the point of pro maps, to fix issues.

As for Gravelpit, the main reason we didn’t include it is because it hinges on only 2 pushes. Two small mistakes can cost your whole team the round.

Linus

[d¿s]

swiftwater is long and tedious. I’d like to see barnblitz pro being tried, the regular version was already featured before, and apart from the last point it was rather decent.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
You realise that the main reason those two maps are avoided is not because one team is in a significant advantage but because they are multi-stage maps and can take very, very long?

There was a pro_dustbowl with stage 3 removed completely, you can easily make a separate map for every single stage, but i don’t think someone would ever put or vote for a dustbowl stage “X” or goldrush stage “X” in the map pool.

taro

To me the problem with barnblitz pro is that the only change to the map layout is the last point… and yet that is what everyone seems to complain about, so why would ETF2L choose that over barnblitz? Or any one of the other options?

I think the current map pool is really strong apart from week 2. I’d like to see some newer maps thrown in here.

My personal preference would be to change gullywash with process and lakeside with arctic.

Although you cant really fault gullywash and lakeside, I find them pretty boring to play on.

Process and arctic are new kids on the block that have something more to offer – interesting flanking routes, DM focused layouts and most importantly, they are fresh.

Well there you go, that’s my feedback, I hope you guys consider it.

Last edited by taro,

Munky

AEUGH

Lakeside is the only map that jumps out as being a poor choice. Probably the weakest (in my opinion) of the regularly played koth maps but it isn’t custom so I suppose that helped it out.

60% Payload, 20% cp, 10% 5cp, 10% koth. The percentages seem off to me. Overall though no major issues just a very conservative map selection.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Munky

Lakeside is the only map that jumps out as being a poor choice. Probably the weakest (in my opinion) of the regularly played koth maps but it isn’t custom so I suppose that helped it out.

60% Payload, 20% cp, 10% 5cp, 10% koth. The percentages seem off to me. Overall though no major issues just a very conservative map selection.

Not sure where that maths has come from. 50% Payload, 17% cp, 17% 5cp, 17% koth

unu

Quoted from taro

To me the problem with barnblitz pro is that the only change to the map layout is the last point… and yet that is what everyone seems to complain about, so why would ETF2L choose that over barnblitz? Or any one of the other options?

Barnblitz_pro is better than the original barnblitz for a few reason.

*Turntable is faster
*RED team’s respawn timer don’t reset when a control point is captured
*The grassy ground is much better for people’s fps than the snowy ground.

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Not sure where that maths has come from. 50% Payload, 17% cp, 17% 5cp, 17% koth

Well aren’t we playing the payload and steel maps twice compared to once for lakeside and gullywash? I just meant in the amount of time (and points?) each mode has.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Munky

[…]

Well aren’t we playing the payload and steel maps twice compared to once for lakeside and gullywash? I just meant in the amount of time (and points?) each mode has.

Hmm, fair point I guess. Didn’t think of it like that.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »