Forum

[HL S2] Unlock Feedback

Created 29th January 2012 @ 23:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

ashkan

Quoted from JDx

[…]

its wierd you say you have no interest in making money as just in the right side of this page there are steelseries , valve,multiplay advertisment as sponsers.

I guess you would argue its just to cover over the expenses, and then we will have to trust your word for it.

Personal profit, no. Prize money, yes. I think Beef was referring to the former.

Anyway, try not to sway too much off-topic. This thread is meant for feedback on individual unlocks, rather than a general discussion on restrictiveness and various league concepts. We already have a good idea of how we wish to shape the league, and this thread is a result of that ideology. If you wish to discuss the ideology itself, and whatever improvements you think can be made, feel free to create a thread here: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Vasa_kot

[…]
But it is mentioned in the original post for some reason.

Ahh yes I was meant to put ‘Spycicle’ but lost my trail of thought and put the wrong weapon. Thanks for being that to our attention.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

UGC banned these weapons only after direct team feedback and playtesting, for good reason. The unlock rules provide a more fun highlander experience and are universally supported by nearly all UGC veteran teams, mine included.

ashkan

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Ahh yes I was meant to put ‘Spycicle’ but lost my trail of thought and put the wrong weapon. Thanks for being that to our attention.

Nah, you didn’t put anything, you noob. You forgot the spy-cicle so I added it. And then the detonator and reserve shooter. And I split the threads. I basically did all of your work for you. So…… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SoWNMNKNeM

JDx

nn

you havnt wrote this on the first post in this thread, but do you intend to ban hat sets ? is it even negoiable ?
I mean, as a spy , the saharan spy is very intersting build and vastly played , probably the most popular out there on public servers. and you are banning it.

Whats your rationalization for that ?

ashkan

Quoted from JDx

you havnt wrote this on the first post in this thread, but do you intend to ban hat sets ? is it even negoiable ?
I mean, as a spy , the saharan spy is very intersting build and vastly played , probably the most popular out there on public servers. and you are banning it.

Whats your rationalization for that ?

Yes, full sets including hats will be banned. Practically not negotiable.

The reason for banning it is:
Full set -> significant bonus
Remove the hat -> no bonus

This means that the addition of a hat gives you a significant perk without any downsides.

For the sets without hats, one could argue that “sure, you get a set bonus, but it forces you to use a certain set of unlocks”. Whilst for the sets with hats, the difference between ‘bonus’ and ‘no bonus’ can be a hat (which has no attributes in itself, i.e. there are no downsides to being forced to use the hat to gain the bonus).

The public community was strongly opposed to it. The competitive community as well. Even Valve regret it and changed their set bonus model to exclude hats.

JDx

nn

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Yes, full sets including hats will be banned. Practically not negotiable.

The reason for banning it is:
Full set -> significant bonus
Remove the hat -> no bonus

This means that the addition of a hat gives you a significant perk without any downsides.

For the sets without hats, one could argue that “sure, you get a set bonus, but it forces you to use a certain set of unlocks”. Whilst for the sets with hats, the difference between ‘bonus’ and ‘no bonus’ can be a hat (which has no attributes in itself, i.e. there are no downsides to being forced to use the hat to gain the bonus).

The public community was strongly opposed to it. The competitive community as well. Even Valve regret it and changed their set bonus model to exclude hats.

I didnt understand from your first argument why do you think that set hats should be banned. I mean , from your argument you cant deduce that the set items are imbalanced.
In example , take the saharan spy set. the person who decided to create this set , thought it threw , and came to the conclusion that in order to utilize the knife – “your eternal reward” , you will need to lower decloack sound. So in order to earn some money from selling the set hat, they designed that the reduced decloak sound will be when you get full set with the hat and not just full set without a hat. So instead of defining the full set as letranger and your eternal reward, they defined it as letranger and your eternal reward and familier fez. big deal.

about your second argument that public community was strongly against it. thats better argument then your first one. I dont know why and when people where against full sets in the past, but as of today, most people uses set items and hats in public , and if we take in example the saharan spy set, it is probably more popular then normal knife in some places , if not most servers I were in. In fact , this set is probably most used and played set among public servers i have been in , so I just dont see how your argument that everyone in public dont like this set can be supported with facts.

about whats competative community thinks: well – as you can see here , most players here want to ban the spy cicle, the enforcer and basicly every new item that came out this late monthes.
this , and only this already makes me not take seriously the competetive scene in tf2..
its just a joke that people here think that enforcer and spy cicle are overpowered. just a bunch of whiners noobs. thats what happend when so many kids can be define as “Pro gamers” in one community.

Last edited by JDx,

Beef

Dawson

Well JDx you managed to stay civil up untill this point, but alas, you failed to keep it up. You don’t have to agree with us, and you might think you know better. But this community has been built by people that have played this game for years, and most decisions have been for the better.

I wish you good luck with your 12v12 everything allowed league. Untill someone figures out the best way to win that is 6 demos combined with 6 medics, or perhaps a defence with 10 wrangled sentries? Maybe than you’ll learn, the hard way, what restrictions are good for.

And now: We’re going back on topic. The unlocks for the coming highlander cup and season 2.

Last edited by Beef,

JDx

nn

Quoted from Beef

Well JDx you managed to stay civil up untill this point, but alas, you failed to keep it up. You don’t have to agree with us, and you might think you know better. But this community has been built by people that have played this game for years, and most decisions have been for the better.

I wish you good luck with your 12v12 everything allowed league. Untill someone figures out the best way to win that is 6 demos combined with 6 medics, or perhaps a defence with 10 wrangled sentries? Maybe than you’ll learn, the hard way, what restrictions are good for.

And now: We’re going back on topic. The unlocks for the coming highlander cup and season 2.

well , I might and probably dont know better then you guys how to make the game more “balanced”, or intersting or fun- heck! I only played first person shooters in like what? 15 years ?

I didnt expected anyone here to really listen.

yeah , sure, your logic is great- a spy , which weak class overall , need more nerfs – you can’t use saharan set for some reason , even though it the most popular set out there.
you can’t use spycicle because noobs here thinks its overpowered. lol. spy cicle is more or less equal to the normal knife.
and you can’t use enforcer because its overpowered as well
so whats left to play with ? defualt weapons ?
you completly castrated the spy gameplay and made spy pro gaming unapealing to watch for every spy out there which do play with saharan set or with the spy-cicle or with the enforcer.
for every weapon you delete, you make the pro community less apealing for the X% of the tf2 players who actually uses this weapon as there main. sometimes the X% is only couple of thusands gamers, and sometimes, like in the case of saharan spy its for 50 precent of spy players out there, which probably makes it tens of thousands

almightybob

.ps

JDx, it’s obvious from what you’ve written that you just want to play pub spy. I suggest you do that, rather than try to turn competitive TF2 into pub TF2. They are different for a reason. If you don’t like the differences, just stick to the version you enjoy.

JDx

nn

Quoted from almightybob

JDx, it’s obvious from what you’ve written that you just want to play pub spy. I suggest you do that, rather than try to turn competitive TF2 into pub TF2. They are different for a reason. If you don’t like the differences, just stick to the version you enjoy.

the thing is I like competitive gaming, and by removing the items I like from the pro leagues, just ruin the experience for me.
I like to play spy, and I like playing with saharan set in particular , but watching pro leagues without this set just ruin the whole TF2 experience for me.
I think that every sport, as well as e-sport need to have a pro-league that amatuers comes and watch in order to learn and improve themselves. When pro-leagues sucks, then anateurs gamers can’t do that.

shuibei

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Why ban the Bombinomicon ?

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Why ban the Bombinomicon ?

Screws up spies. When you get stab instantly you know where the spy is. Bit of a disadvantage to the spy. Also FPS lags i think?

Quoted from JDx

[…]
well , I might and probably dont know better then you guys how to make the game more “balanced”, or intersting or fun- heck! I only played first person shooters in like what? 15 years ?

I didnt expected anyone here to really listen.

yeah , sure, your logic is great- a spy , which weak class overall , need more nerfs – you can’t use saharan set for some reason , even though it the most popular set out there.
you can’t use spycicle because noobs here thinks its overpowered. lol. spy cicle is more or less equal to the normal knife.
and you can’t use enforcer because its overpowered as well
so whats left to play with ? defualt weapons ?
you completly castrated the spy gameplay and made spy pro gaming unapealing to watch for every spy out there which do play with saharan set or with the spy-cicle or with the enforcer.
for every weapon you delete, you make the pro community less apealing for the X% of the tf2 players who actually uses this weapon as there main. sometimes the X% is only couple of thusands gamers, and sometimes, like in the case of saharan spy its for 50 precent of spy players out there, which probably makes it tens of thousands

First off, people on this forum will listen you just have to be responsible and listen back. Admins listen to people and are responding to what the etf2l community wants. After all its in their best interest to keep as many of us as they can. Without us a league wont exist.

You say the spy is a weak class overall, is it weaker than a scout? Or weaker than a medic? How is it weak?

Second, yes for every weapon they ban they might lose a person from the community to come play competitively but equally they may gain X amount because people dislike this weapon and want to play game where people aren’t playing with it. Also when tf2 went F2P there was like a 50k increase in players in tf2 but i really don’t think the competitive seen has seen even a 10% of those players in their communities. So the impact of banning 1 weapon on the community isnt that huge as you think.

Thirdly, They haven’t castrated the spy game play. If you were gonna do that you would ban DR. Spy is more than viable and if you look in Vanilla Tf2 then you’ll see that spy is viable with only vanilla weapons.

Now back on to the topic.

The spycicle is NOWHERE NEAR the same as the normal knife. take a look at the stats from below taken from the tf2wiki.

Spy cicle special abilities

Silent Killer: No attack noise from backstabs.
On Hit by Fire: Become fireproof for 2 seconds.
Backstab turns victim to ice.
Melts in fire, regenerates after 15 seconds.

Knife
None

Not gonna lie but how are they the same? Or am i missing something?

Last edited by Jazz,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from JDx

[…]
the thing is I like competitive gaming, and by removing the items I like from the pro leagues, just ruin the experience for me.
I like to play spy, and I like playing with saharan set in particular , but watching pro leagues without this set just ruin the whole TF2 experience for me.
I think that every sport, as well as e-sport need to have a pro-league that amatuers comes and watch in order to learn and improve themselves. When pro-leagues sucks, then anateurs gamers can’t do that.

I’m pretty sure the saharan spy set would suck hard in a organised highlander game. You’re crippeling yourself with such a bad gun and no disguises.

Last edited by slate,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »