Forum

Legitimate question

Created 6th October 2011 @ 16:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Kortz

Read the rules, obey or get punished

thing is, a lot of people can’t be bothered posting on here anymore simply because the rules aren’t enforced consistently enough, and half of the time 1 person will get banned/warned for something, and someone else won’t.

Shouldn’t have sweared etc

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

[…]
thing is, a lot of people can’t be bothered posting on here anymore simply because the rules aren’t enforced consistently enough, and half of the time 1 person will get banned/warned for something, and someone else won’t.

Shouldn’t have sweared etc

If you feel, someone crossed a line and has not been punished you can report him to the admins so what is the matter? We surely do not do this on purpose!

Dummy

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
If you feel, someone crossed a line and has not been punished you can report him to the admins so what is the matter? We surely do not do this on purpose!

I have read every ETF2L thread since I came on here besides the ones created (and not active) when I was not on the interwebs. I doubt it would be too hard to split this ‘task’, since I am guessing the admins have lives, between a couple of individuals in the admin team, so no post would go unpunished if it crosses the line, no?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
I have read every ETF2L thread since I came on here besides the ones created (and not active) when I was not on the interwebs. I doubt it would be too hard to split this ‘task’, since I am guessing the admins have lives, between a couple of individuals in the admin team, so no post would go unpunished if it crosses the line, no?

It would be wrong to assume that moderating the forums is the only task of the admins (besides their lives outside the interwebs, of ourse) and we are only human, after all. If something slips our banhammer, let us know. It is that easy!

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

tried that with one of konr’s recruitment thread. Didn’t get anywhere and cba doing it again.

Dummy

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
It would be wrong to assume that moderating the forums is the only task of the admins (besides their lives outside the interwebs, of ourse) and we are only human, after all. If something slips our banhammer, let us know. It is that easy!

point is the inconsistency
you spot some bannable offense but not others which makes it look unfair even if you just miss some

ashkan

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

I should also point out that you don’t want to have too many admins being able to hand out punishment. That’s when things get really inconsistent. As long as the current admins are aware of a rule-break, they will deal with it pretty much instantly (as long as they don’t have to discuss it internally and await more opinions). Therefore, the only thing that is needed is actual reports about rule-breaks. Those typically come from all admins and various community members. I think it would be great if we had a report button like the Steam forums, and I think I’ve suggested it to the site admins, but that’s up to them and the head admins now I guess :)

ashkan

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
point is the inconsistency
you spot some bannable offense but not others which makes it look unfair even if you just miss some

What suggestions do you have that would make sure all rule-breaks are spotted?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Add specific forum moderators whose only job is to look after the forum. Then you’ll have a team of people who cant use the excuse of having other admin things to do.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Enef

Add specific forum moderators whose only job is to look after the forum. Then you’ll have a team of people who cant use the excuse of having other admin things to do.

this and also report button on posts

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

[…]report button on posts

Get banned, create a fake account, spam report button.
Saying just in case, there would need to be some restrictions or requirements for the request to be forwarded to admins.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Any suggestions how to improve the current forum moderation that do not need any extra coding work and can be implemented right away?
The other suggestions might be implemented in the future but that is up to our coders / Spike (when he gets code access)

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from CanFo

Any suggestions how to improve the current forum moderation that do not need any extra coding work and can be implemented right away?
The other suggestions might be implemented in the future but that is up to our coders / Spike (when he gets code access)

Quoted from Enef

I fail to see how this would require coding work and couldn’t be implemented right away? :)

ashkan

Quoted from Enef

This has been suggested and discussed a bit. The thing is, no current admins ignore rule-breaks (to my knowledge). It’s so easy for them to just drop a link in the IRC channel, that there’s virtually no work involved in reporting it. And once it has been reported, dealing with the case has not been a problem with the current admins. What we DO need, is people who read everything. That’s what the admins don’t have time to do (sweep the whole forums on a regular basis, making sure nothing is missed). And who would be better to report all of that, than the users themselves? What we have to assure is that the users can easily do so, so they actually do it! :p
In my opinion, a report button would be oh so sweet.

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
Get banned, create a fake account, spam report button.
Saying just in case, there would need to be some restrictions or requirements for the request to be forwarded to admins.

True dat, we need to keep stuff like that in mind and figure out a solution.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Enef

[…]

[…]

I fail to see how this would require coding work and couldn’t be implemented right away? :)

My notation was obviously not aimed at you ;-)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »