Forum

[S10] Provisional Divisions Feedback Thread!

Created 14th September 2011 @ 12:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Not if you want to be playing playoffs after christmas there isn’t time.

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Personally as a spectator a playoff would be awesome, so I’d love to see one!

Still, I can see why you wouldn’t have a playoff/tournament; eq was promoted so the spot could be considered theirs. Or perhaps you could say that CKRAS deserves their prem spot more than CC/YYT. That would also be a valid argument in my book – if it is “true” (not that I would know, who deserves it more, just trying to illustrate a point).

But I have a hard time seeing how a playoff would be impossible due to time constraints; make it a one day, or two day event; ask the teams can you play this date? If the teams cant play, well then that is one thing I guess. But “there is no time” seems like a fast one, even if I don’t know how much the idea has been floated behind the scenes (have interest among teams and possible dates been floated for example?). I mean, there are a number of people in this community with the skills of quickly putting together and running a tournament/playoff in whatever format that is quick enough and suitable enough for the task.

So, all in all, while there are arguments against a tournament, it might set some kind of precedent for the future, that if you complain about your spot you have to play a playoff (is that even bad?), there are other arguments too for that matter. But I just don’t see how lack of time is one of them, especially not if it was suggested two (now three) days ago.

While I don’t see a tournament happen now (seems to be the attitude). I would love for etf2l to be a bit more prepared for this very situation next go around, even if it’s just by having an argument that says: due to x y and z, having a tournament is not a feasible way to decide whom gets a prem spot.

Ghostface

spire

The teams could be good sports and do the tournament themselves, but who’d wanna lose his spot?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

This time next Sunday/Monday week 1 should be starting, now we will need time to announce the fixtures so people can begin scheduling for week 1. That is too small a time period to ask 4 teams to play in a play off, prem teams are already unreliable enough at scheduling and fitting in 3 more games in a short space of time (remember Yoyotech, CKRAS, cc// have the Excello cup). If this was suggested last week we could have had time but I am afriad it is too late.

I do like the suggestion to have play-offs pre-season for certain promotion spots especially after a long summer break.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Hildreth

I do like the suggestion to have play-offs pre-season for certain promotion spots especially after a long summer break.

That definitely needs to be implemented in future.

torden

broder
syster

Well certainly, if one keeps on saying “there’s no time” for long enough, one will be right eventually. Monday? Tuesday? Could use the same format as the f2p tournament, just need to a: Invite the teams, b: Get some balls.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from torden

Well certainly, if one keeps on saying “there’s no time” for long enough, one will be right eventually. Monday? Tuesday? Could use the same format as the f2p tournament, just need to a: Invite the teams, b: Get some balls.

c: Do have someone to run it. The seedings are already very time consuming and some of us do have some other stuff to do as well, personally, I do not have the time to run pre-season playoffs for Season 10. I like the idea of pre-season playoffs for upcoming seasons as well though, especially after long breaks.
If someone volunteers to run pre-season playoffs with a gentlemen’s agreement from the CKRAS to give up their spot in the premier division, I will be happy to drop them to div 1 and replace them with the winner but be prepared that some teams that are not invited to the playoffs will ask the question “Why?”.
e.g. why do you want to pick cc//, yoyotech and CKRAS, and not idk?, NORDIC, Eternity or broder?
This is my personal opinion, I have not discussed anything with the rest of the staff yet.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

In theory you could do this tonight, but as CanFo said, what about the other teams? Who decides who gets to go for this playoff? It’s easy to pick 4 teams and have them battle it out, but what about the others that could and would want to play for this?

There is time to do this, but in a way there’s not enough time to really plan for this properly.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
c: Do have someone to run it. The seedings are already very time consuming and some of us do have some other stuff to do as well, personally, I do not have the time to run pre-season playoffs for Season 10. I like the idea of pre-season playoffs for upcoming seasons as well though, especially after long breaks.
If someone volunteers to run pre-season playoffs with a gentlemen’s agreement from the CKRAS to give up their spot in the premier division, I will be happy to drop them to div 1 and replace them with the winner but be prepared that some teams that are not invited to the playoffs will ask the question “Why?”.
e.g. why do you want to pick cc//, yoyotech and CKRAS, and not idk?, NORDIC, Eternity or broder?
This is my personal opinion, I have not discussed anything with the rest of the staff yet.

I shall give it a try! Not sure what you mean about “gentleman’s agreement for ckras to give up their spot”, what makes it “their” spot? Did they get promoted?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from torden

I shall give it a try! Not sure what you mean about “gentleman’s agreement for ckras to give up their spot”, what makes it “their” spot? Did they get promoted?

They are currently seeded above the other teams and we have no intention to change that at the moment unless they wish so.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
They are currently seeded above the other teams and we have no intention to change that at the moment unless they wish so.

Ah, so your offer was in fact not an offer, but an attempt to shut the arguements down.

Bakaze

how do you decide who battles for that prem spot torden?

There are a few other div1 teams that would certainly like to play that playoff to have a shot in prem. You can’t complain they seeded CKRAS above others and then “seed” some div1 teams above others to play that playoff.

It should only be implemented next season, where the first two of div1 play the bottom two of prem. Then there would be no arguements about who should or shouldn’t be playing the playoff.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from torden

Ah, so your offer was in fact not an offer, but an attempt to shut the arguements down.

Sure, it was an attempt to shut down the arguments that asked ETF2L to run pre-season playoffs for season 10 because I can not see it happening (as I personally do not have the time and the final tables are released tomorrow). If we had announced pre-season playoffs 2 days ago it would not have changed much. The teams would only have thursday, friday and saturday for the playoffs and I think you agree that it would be unfair to expect all teams that come into question to have time on such a short notice (not to speak of expecting them to play on a friday or saturday).
The premier division is the only one that I am sure it will not undergo any changes until the final tables are released unless a current premiership team requests a lower division.
If someone else wants to run pre-season playoffs with all teams that have a shot at winning division 1 and want to play and if CKRAS agrees as well, I would swap them with the winner. I can not make an offer without knowing if the rest of the staff agrees though but I asked them.
Quoted from Bakaze

It should only be implemented next season, where the first two of div1 play the bottom two of prem. Then there would be no arguements about who should or shouldn’t be playing the playoff.

This is actually very similar to what we have in mind for this season.

torden

broder
syster

Oh actually canfo, it’s both been asked for before the provisional divisions were announced, and 3 days ago in this very post. I understand that there’s a lotta work with getting together divisions. I’d love to see something as simple as an honest reply: “Sorry we cant be arsed” straight from the getgo, and maybe you could even get the help you needed, instead of bullshitting a fake proposal later on. Live and learn, eh :)

.____________.

Quoted from Vali

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5642/tournie.jpg

Lets go.

choop choop

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »