Forum

[S10] Provisional Divisions Feedback Thread!

Created 14th September 2011 @ 12:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

“Sorry, we cant be arsed” would not be honest. Actually, it is the opposite. I am spending a lot of my free time on this league and cups because I can be arsed, even if I can not play at the moment and can not expect a lot in return.
I think the first time I read about pre-season playoffs was about 3 days ago. In my experience, 4 days are not enough time to run proper playoff matches (especially if you have only 2 actual days because only few teams can be arsed to play on a weekend) and rushed decisions are rarely good anyway.
Also, I do not know where I made a “fake proposal”. What I said about pre-season playoffs was clearly my own opinion with the hint that it does not necessarily represent the opinion of the whole staff. Please elaborate.

I am aware that being an admin is a very unrewarding job and you have to take a lot of shit as admin because someone will always be unhappy with your decisions but I would not expect someone as respected as you to suggest I “could not be arsed” or was “bullshitting fake proposals”. What I am trying to do is collecting feedback and implementing it, if possible. We could as well just say “these are the divisions, deal with it”.
I would have talked to you directly but I could not find you on IRC. If you want to continue this discussion, query me please.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from CanFo

“Sorry, we cant be arsed” would not be honest. Actually, it is the opposite. I am spending a lot of my free time on this league and cups because I can be arsed, even if I can not play at the moment and can not expect a lot in return.
I think the first time I read about pre-season playoffs was about 3 days ago. In my experience, 4 days are not enough time to run proper playoff matches (especially if you have only 2 actual days because only few teams can be arsed to play on a weekend) and rushed decisions are rarely good anyway.
Also, I do not know where I made a “fake proposal”. What I said about pre-season playoffs was clearly my own opinion with the hint that it does not necessarily represent the opinion of the whole staff. Please elaborate.

I am aware that being an admin is a very unrewarding job and you have to take a lot of shit as admin because someone will always be unhappy with your decisions but I would not expect someone as respected as you to suggest I “could not be arsed” or was “bullshitting fake proposals”. What I am trying to do is collecting feedback and implementing it, if possible. We could as well just say “these are the divisions, deal with it”.
I would have talked to you directly but I could not find you on IRC. If you want to continue this discussion, query me please.

Nah, point’s been made. By now, CKRAS and Eq are set with prem, and making more out of it at this stage would be more of taking it and any joy of it away from them as deserving members – as opposed to the positive notion of giving equal teams a fair chance.

Edit: And sorry If I come across as harsh, I would just like to solve this problem which is the same for pretty much every season once and for all. Setting up leagues is tough yeah, but this quite simply stretches across a lot more time than the crunch time period that keeps on being mentioned.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I remember reading the play off proposal on VanillaTF2 and on Wednesday I suggested it in the chat and we all agreed wasn’t enough time but it was a good idea.

Sorry Torden panda, I guess the hard working admins (not lazy do-nothings like myself) who are very busy with sorting out seedings for 350+ teams never got around to reading your article and discussing it when certain things take priority. Maybe next season.

Mike

TEZC

Torden, you’re in division 1, deal with it

stvv

WUL

Quoted from Mike

#

your prem mic, deal with it!..

omgz ;D

mustardoverlord

:)

so what IS the deal with nvc’s team

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Mike

They asked for div1 iirc.

Death

When it will create one GROUPS?

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from mustardoverlord

so what IS the deal with nvc’s team

They’re waiting for us or idk? to fold.

torden

broder
syster

Yup, have not asked of anything else than d1, nor are we interested in the playoff, and it’s not relevant for the discussion. So…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14