Forum

New Ads Feedback Thread!

Created 13th September 2011 @ 22:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from LOLiver

[…]

so whats the main reason for the new add then? just extra revenue?

Yes. Who’s pocket is it going into?

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

These new ads are actually from/via Multiplay.
I don’t know the details of the deal though, I just put them online.

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]what about site development?!?! multiplay doing that for them aswell?

Sounds like a plan. :D

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Koeitje

Pay $1 a month for ad-free etf2l. How about that.

LOLiver

.flac

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Yes. Who’s pocket is it going into?

“The plot Thickens”

how much typically to advertisement company’s pay websites to host those type of adverts anyway? If its a relatively substantial amount, I guess it would be useful to know whos pocket the money is going to.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from LOLiver

[…]

“The plot Thickens”

how much typically to advertisement company’s pay websites to host those type of adverts anyway? If its a relatively substantial amount, I guess it would be useful to know whos pocket the money is going to.

I can’t give you numbers, but they’ve been there for almost 2 years now. Ads on a fairly high traffic website for 2 years will mount up to a fairly substantial amount of money.

Mind you, what deneus is saying certainly makes me feel a lot better.

LOLiver

.flac

ye his comment just popped up once i finshed that reply :) dosnt sound to bad, i guess multiplay just want a bit more out of the “free hosting” deal

lolage

TSPAG

I agree with Skyride, get rid of them.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

It does look really quite trashy and is the sort of thing that would put me off. I particularly hate video ads, which was the first one I managed to get [Rift]. Excellent! I don’t really know how to make it any better though (other than removing it).

I think it probably annoys me more that it really doesn’t match aesthetically; it’s just this ugly and bold ad that’s been stuck in there because there’s no real place for it to go. If that could be improved somehow then it may be less obnoxious.

I don’t believe i’ve had any bugs due to it (yet?) though.

I can probably learn to live with it if this is how Multiplay want to play it but bleh, it’s unpleasant.

wrock

vier

The ETtf2l website has ads??? where?!?! never noticed any (besides the steelseries, multiplay, valve logo beside)

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

looks cheap/tacky and makes the site look a LOT less professional. Even if they are from multiplay themselves, unless the money they are generating is substantial, it’s doing more harm than good.

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

Increase the size of NEWS, FORUM ACTIVITY, RECENT RESULTS, etc to 6 per line and put that ad at the bot. But whatever you do, don’t leave it there, please. I’m a designer myself and things like this hurt me, like i physically feel the pain when looking at this.

I just stopped myself from further commenting on the actual website design… somehow… barely…

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

As all your mothers said last night:

“It’s too big!”

Califax

dyn.

Can’t care less about them.

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

On topic: The ads doesn’t show up for me, however the space they should be using is still there, and from that I’d say they’re too big. The top one is in such a good position anyways that it doesn’t need to be that big. But I guess you have to follow some size regulations.

Off topic: What’s up with all the “bananas” in the privisionary divisions post?

Forsak3n

S

it makes website look worse
edit: my android doesn’t load up that ad :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »